• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2019 4:41 pm
[OP]
Mar 9, 2010
32 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Braun 5190cc electric shaver $99.99 - Dead

Amazon has the Braun 5190cc for sale at $99.99, which according to CCC, is the lowest price in history. This comes with the self cleaning/lubricating charging station.

From my research, this is about the same power as the Braun series 7, just with less features. The series 9 is more powerful, but the 5 should have enough power for even thick beards. The advantage of the series 9 for most people would be that it's faster. Compared to the Panasonic Arc 4/5, it doesn't shave as close, but should be much more comfortable. It does allow some movement in the head to help make it easier to get around uneven areas compared to cheaper shavers, although Panasonic Norelco rotary are still best for that aspect (the rotary generally don't shave as fast or close though).

Personally, I also went through the Aeroplan website for 5x points and used my Amex platinum card for another 5x points to get 10x points back on Amazon purchases this weekend..
Last edited by JoJoBlue on Nov 30th, 2019 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3107 posts
932 upvotes
How much are the replacement foils? I have an older 5 series I think I remember paying 50 bucks to replace the foil and I'll need another one soonish =/
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3107 posts
932 upvotes
newt_101 wrote: Braun currently sells the Series 9, and this is 3 versions behind (9 > 8 > 7) - does it still hold up?
They number them by what features they have, the 3 and 5 are still being updated as well
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2009
3602 posts
3142 upvotes
My whiskers seem to grow in every possible direction, never found an electric that I didnt have to supplement with a razor, tempted by this but it'll probably be same ol same ol.
"Frank Burns eats worms"