Blu-Ray Pirates of the Caribbean

Grinning Face
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13432 posts
289 upvotes
Midland
That's when movies were really good.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
11048 posts
14533 upvotes
From what I understand all film is made in high definition and that goes back at least to the silent area. I see Blu-ray from the Silent era and some look very good. How about Gone with the Wind and Wizard of Oz made in 1939 on Blu-ray? They look amazing in high definition and that term was not used in 1939. The problem with older films they are not kept in good condition and they deteriorate and need to be restored.
Have a nice day!

Nov 17, 2013
453 posts
49 upvotes
WINNIPEG
This is such a joke. There is soooo much fidelity lost in a 2gb movie file torrent compared to the original disc. I own blurays an torrent the ones i have for ease of uss no 2.5gb 'high res' torrent will ever outclass an original disc projected onto a wall or screen at home.
zinger9 wrote:
Oct 1st, 2017 4:58 pm
You pay $20 for a mass-produced <$1 value disc in a plastic case that takes up space.

I pay $0 for the same movie on a hard drive taking up no extra physical space.
Apr 23, 2017
91 posts
41 upvotes
vrredflag wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2017 11:23 pm
This is such a joke. There is soooo much fidelity lost in a 2gb movie file torrent compared to the original disc. I own blurays an torrent the ones i have for ease of uss no 2.5gb 'high res' torrent will ever outclass an original disc projected onto a wall or screen at home.
Maybe you should torrent a full 25 or 50 GB BluRay disc instead of something compressed down to 2 GB...
Jan 17, 2012
261 posts
100 upvotes
Red Deer
Fun fact. The bridge in the movie was built by my uncle's (thru marriage) family. That part was filmed in SL.