[Amazon.ca] Briggs & Riley luggage - various pieces

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2020 2:25 pm
[OP]
Apr 23, 2020
37 posts
153 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Briggs & Riley luggage - various pieces

High-end luggage backed by a lifetime guarantee that includes airline damage.

I couldn't really find a good source for Canadian prices, so I've included US MSRP where I could find it.

Main link is Baseline Medium Upright Duffle $329.40 (MSRP US$499)

Here are a few other pieces that I noticed are also on sale, but there are probably more:

Baseline Rolling Cabin Bag $257.94 (MSRP US$395)
Baseline Commuter Expandable Upright $278.68 (MSRP US$499)
Sympatico Weekender Bag $110.38 (discontinued?)
24 replies
Jan 7, 2019
56 posts
72 upvotes
the weekender bag shows up as $172 in cart :(
Jan 7, 2011
792 posts
273 upvotes
Weekender bag is not $110 anymore
Photography.
RedFlagDeals - Brea
self promotion is not allowed on RFD
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11248 posts
563 upvotes
Ottawa
The Commuter Expandable Upright is a great bag... AC destroyed my old cheap carry-on years ago and replaced it with this model, and I've had zero issues with it, flying around 120k miles a year.

It's well made, the wheels are great quality unlike the cheaper bags where they start to fray or crack after too much usage or weight. It can hold great amounts, and fit into some of the smaller overhead bins with just a bit of a push.

Also, I see no wear and tear on it, despite the occasional gate checking of it.

I would grab a spare replacement one at this price... Except that I don't think I'll need to replace it.
- Absolute
Apr 6, 2017
802 posts
1251 upvotes
After 20 years on the road they are the best. The premium for the warranty is worth it. These bags take so much abuse even ballistic nylon frays.
Jul 2, 2009
382 posts
155 upvotes
Montreal
Couldn’t resist, got the Baseline Commuter Expandable Upright.

No idea when I’ll be travelling tho...
Last edited by Bambinos on Oct 22nd, 2020 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aug 30, 2001
365 posts
127 upvotes
Great bag, but HATE the outside handle design!
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15433 posts
8327 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
furballz wrote: Great bag, but HATE the outside handle design!
Bambinos wrote: Why?
Having a complete set of Briggs and Riley for years (even had one replaced under warranty), I can understand the comment but don't agree with it. With the handle design outside, the bag may not be as stable when lying on it's back (ie on the handle assembly) as let's say a bag that has a completely flat back. What's the big deal about it? From my point of view, not much but you have to keep in mind when placing the bag on a surface. Also, with the handle on the outside, you actually end up with a slightly smaller interior compartment as the handle area counts as part of the bag.

On the other side of the argument, I love the fact that I can grab the bag from the outside handle design when the bag is swinging about the baggage claim area without having to worry if I can get a strong grip on the bag. Also, I don't have that divide inside of the bag from the handle if it was an inside handle.
Dec 21, 2017
260 posts
38 upvotes
Scarborough
Good deal for moving through rooms lol
Mar 10, 2008
45 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver
Not a good deal. These luggaes are all two wheels only, which is terrible in this day and age
Aug 6, 2016
154 posts
128 upvotes
Vancouver
ctg311 wrote: Not a good deal. These luggaes are all two wheels only, which is terrible in this day and age
I have both two wheel and four wheel luggage. Much prefer two wheel but to each their own.
[OP]
Apr 23, 2020
37 posts
153 upvotes
ctg311 wrote: Not a good deal. These luggaes are all two wheels only, which is terrible in this day and age
I personally prefer luggage with two wheels. The interior volume of a 4-wheel luggage is less than a comparably-sized 2-wheel bag, which can matter with airline size restrictions. Also baggage handlers will tell you that they lift the bags by those wheels and they're pretty much the most likely thing to break.
Jul 2, 2009
382 posts
155 upvotes
Montreal
The Commuter Expandable is now 549$.
Glad I pulled the trigger yesterday.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2317 posts
3119 upvotes
I'm another B&R lifer. Converted back in 2014 and have slowly amassed a collection of their bags over the years. I don't need anymore right now, but it's still great to know when they're on sale. Thanks OP!
Aug 25, 2011
575 posts
230 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Thanks! I love the warranty and the designs. I recently converted too, and luggage is one of those categories where it helps to spend a bit more.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4696 posts
1111 upvotes
Scarborough
IMO the 40% off deal a couple months ago had better deals.
Dec 6, 2012
485 posts
315 upvotes
North
GateGuardian wrote: IMO the 40% off deal a couple months ago had better deals.
Can I borrow your time machine? I need to buy a couple stocks.
2013 - 7 Wins - $6850 - Trip to NC/Drove NASCAR
2014 - 4 Wins - $525
Aug 6, 2016
154 posts
128 upvotes
Vancouver
OldVines wrote: I personally prefer luggage with two wheels. The interior volume of a 4-wheel luggage is less than a comparably-sized 2-wheel bag, which can matter with airline size restrictions. Also baggage handlers will tell you that they lift the bags by those wheels and they're pretty much the most likely thing to break.
For me, the only time I find four wheeler luggage works better is when standing in slow moving cramped space lineups. Since they general have smaller wheels they just don't seem to roll as well over anything but the smoothest of surfaces.
Aug 30, 2001
365 posts
127 upvotes
craftsman wrote: you actually end up with a slightly smaller interior compartment as the handle area counts as part of the bag.
this. ⬆ Really matter if you travel with a carry-on only.