Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Briggs & Riley luggage - various pieces

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2020 2:25 pm
Jul 2, 2009
382 posts
155 upvotes
Montreal
GateGuardian wrote: IMO the 40% off deal a couple months ago had better deals.
This is better. Was 50% off for the commuter luggage!
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4689 posts
1106 upvotes
Scarborough
OldVines wrote: I personally prefer luggage with two wheels. The interior volume of a 4-wheel luggage is less than a comparably-sized 2-wheel bag, which can matter with airline size restrictions. Also baggage handlers will tell you that they lift the bags by those wheels and they're pretty much the most likely thing to break.
I have both. I like the two wheels version because it has a tad extra space and I like that it doesn't tip over as easy when you have another bag attach to it.

The 4 wheels version however is much better to push and turn, which is much better on the wrist in the long run.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15324 posts
8202 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ctg311 wrote: Not a good deal. These luggaes are all two wheels only, which is terrible in this day and age
KevinRmr wrote: I have both two wheel and four wheel luggage. Much prefer two wheel but to each their own.
OldVines wrote: I personally prefer luggage with two wheels. The interior volume of a 4-wheel luggage is less than a comparably-sized 2-wheel bag, which can matter with airline size restrictions. Also baggage handlers will tell you that they lift the bags by those wheels and they're pretty much the most likely thing to break.
I have both 2 and 4 wheels as well. The 4 wheel was my warranty replacement for a broken 2 wheel one as I wanted to try a 4 wheel bag. While the 4-wheel ones are more fashionable, they are far less functional even the Briggs and Riley ones which are supposed to be able to function both ways. In the four-wheel configuration, even though they are great for tighter spaces of an airport (which we probably won't see again for some time), they are much more limited in terms of non-flat surfaces (ie outside of the airport), hopping over curbs (which I can do with ease on 2 wheels), and can't be used in a daisy chain configuration with other bags (ie so the large bag tows a smaller bag - I've done that three 2-wheel bags connected together).
Nov 1, 2016
59 posts
56 upvotes
Absolute wrote: The Commuter Expandable Upright is a great bag... AC destroyed my old cheap carry-on years ago and replaced it with this model, and I've had zero issues with it, flying around 120k miles a year.

It's well made, the wheels are great quality unlike the cheaper bags where they start to fray or crack after too much usage or weight. It can hold great amounts, and fit into some of the smaller overhead bins with just a bit of a push.

Also, I see no wear and tear on it, despite the occasional gate checking of it.

I would grab a spare replacement one at this price... Except that I don't think I'll need to replace it.
I concur with your assessment. I have also had one of these for years. The other brilliant thing about this bag is that the collapsible handle is not inside the bag like on most cheap carryons. It is attached to the outside of the back of the bag and therefore is not consuming a bunch of space inside the bag. This makes a huge difference.