Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Bright 4 packs 28 LED Solar Powered Motion Sensor Security Wall Lights-BAXIA Lightning Deal

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2017 6:40 pm
[OP]
Feb 11, 2016
78 posts
36 upvotes
mississauga

[Amazon.ca] Bright 4 packs 28 LED Solar Powered Motion Sensor Security Wall Lights-BAXIA Lightning Deal

Bright 28 LED Solar Powered Motion Sensor Security Wall Lights-BAXIA TECHNOLOGY Waterproof Wireless Motion Detected Night Light for Outdoor Gate, Door, Driveway, Garden, Patio, Yard(4 Packs)

Deal ends in 5 hours as of this posting.

Bought this before and so far working well after a year.

https://www.amazon.ca/Security-Lights-B ... 071HXX16C/
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 25th, 2017 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer; removed referral
26 replies
Nov 22, 2013
229 posts
223 upvotes
Kind of off topic, but does anyone know of similar lights that can also be controlled with a switch or remotely?

I like the idea of motion lights around the back yard, but i’d also like to be able to turn on /off if we’re sitting back there.
[OP]
Feb 11, 2016
78 posts
36 upvotes
mississauga
What i did is just hang them and not put a fixed screw so i can easily pick it up and turn it off manually.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
1001 posts
1412 upvotes
Blips & Chitz
Thanks OP, I've had these sitting in my cart for a couple of months now waiting for a deal.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2006
1510 posts
251 upvotes
I don't mean to hijack the thread but I would like something motion activated. Instead of these units has anyone had any luck with motion activated bulbs for outside fixtures?

Thanks.
Jan 26, 2009
348 posts
151 upvotes
Niagara Region
Bought a two pack last week for $24. Doh

They seem to work well so far, just worried about longevity.
Feb 9, 2006
29 posts
9 upvotes
Jumped on this deal. I didn't get charged HST. Is there a reason why or was it a mistake?
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1542 posts
383 upvotes
GTA
These 28 LED are bright. Brought the same type but rebranded (4 pack) for $25 two weeks ago. It was a lightning deal too and it went fast. So, this is a warm deal but not a hot deal.
----------------------------------------------------
Koodo $60/10GB plan + 4gb - Medium Tab
Freedom Mobile $19/1.5GB plan
Deal Addict
May 3, 2005
2935 posts
290 upvotes
Bought one pack, thanks OP
will work great for safety, keeping an eye on my dog in the yard as well as unwanted animals.
RFD Damage...lost count

HEATWARE
eBay
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1662 upvotes
How's the quality. Worried about it lasting long time
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2011
2533 posts
2774 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP. Order one. I bought 2 pack for $24, 2 days ago and I will return it.
Rule No.1 here: Buy first, Think afterwards.
Sep 17, 2008
596 posts
102 upvotes
raceway wrote: Bought a two pack last week for $24. Doh

They seem to work well so far, just worried about longevity.
I have one bought from amazon, works great after 1 year.
[external links removed]
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4804 posts
2129 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
s0n1c wrote: I have one bought from amazon, works great after 1 year.
How were they in winter? My primary use is to light a walkway to the back of our detached garage in the winter. It's our only way in to the garage in the winter and it gets quite dark
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2010
5079 posts
959 upvotes
If you're not sure, you can wait. Whether its 1, 2, or 4, there's Lighting Deals for these all the time.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2009
1092 posts
671 upvotes
Toronto
s0n1c wrote: I have one bought from amazon, works great after 1 year.
Thanks OP. Ordered. I hope I’ll get a couple of years out of those lights
Nov 11, 2003
56 posts
9 upvotes
Calgary
I wish they had a USB port for charging as well as the solar panel. I am in Calgary and have had the 12 LED version for about a year now. They work great and have lasted till now without problems. I did notice last winter that when the days were short, the battery did not get a good charge and was very dim after being triggered by many cars going by. If they had a USB port, I could just plug in a portable charger for a while.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3527 posts
1592 upvotes
Vancouver
crustydragon wrote: I don't mean to hijack the thread but I would like something motion activated. Instead of these units has anyone had any luck with motion activated bulbs for outside fixtures?

Thanks.
Yes, I bought one of those motion sensor led bulbs off of eBay for a basement entry that had a switch controlled socket but is too sheltered for solar. I screwed the bulb in and just leave the switch in the 'on' position. Very sensitive to movement and is bright, stays on for a minute. Works great!
Jan 2, 2017
408 posts
581 upvotes
Fakespot gives F rating, but still seems like a decent deal. Like another poster said, I'd be worried about the longevity of these.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1625 posts
484 upvotes
Canada
purchased thanks OP!
==
Telus iPhone 11 Pro
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18123 posts
10892 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Graham wrote: I wish they had a USB port for charging as well as the solar panel. I am in Calgary and have had the 12 LED version for about a year now. They work great and have lasted till now without problems. I did notice last winter that when the days were short, the battery did not get a good charge and was very dim after being triggered by many cars going by. If they had a USB port, I could just plug in a portable charger for a while.
Chances are that the solar panel never really charged the battery FULL even in the Summer time as the panel is fairly small and depending on the location, it might not have gotten enough light even in ideal conditions. You might want to get an Lith-ion charger (they make single Lith-ion chargers that have a USB port) and charge the battery fully in the Fall so that the solar panels just do a top-up during the shorter Winter days. You can also replace the existing battery with an higher capacity one...