Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Brother DCP-L2540DW Wireless Monochrome Compact Laser 3-in-1 Printer with Wireless Networking and Duplex Printing-$99.64

76 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2014
2085 posts
2189 upvotes
Laputa
Nice price recently, the lowest price was ~$80 during back Friday by PM.

Thx OP! Bought 10 😂
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3647 posts
7134 upvotes
Price match with Best Buy and save almost $14
Last edited by NavieM on Oct 4th, 2016 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Public Mobile customer
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4965 posts
3080 upvotes
If you're okay with refurbs I highly recommend just buying from Brother Canada directly. You get 1 year warranty, plus they -usually- have a newsletter sign up code for 10-20% off and comes within a couple minutes. I grabbed the above model for $69 before tax a few months ago -- works great, came with brand new toner, and looked like-new.

https://www.brother.ca/en-CA/refurbished/
Nov 23, 2010
436 posts
218 upvotes
Montreal
Sound like a great idea to go on refurbished but does that also come with the free toner?
Feb 26, 2003
599 posts
51 upvotes
Yes the refurb comes with a new sealed drum module with toner. The unit I received a few months ago looked the same as a new one.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2012
1192 posts
673 upvotes
Burlington
Keep in mind this doesn't have fax.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2012
1192 posts
673 upvotes
Burlington
gujusouljah wrote:
mwahahaa wrote: Keep in mind this doesn't have fax.
It doesn't have a floppy drive either. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Common feature in multi function printers these days?
Nov 1, 2012
353 posts
412 upvotes
Markham
mwahahaa wrote:
gujusouljah wrote:
It doesn't have a floppy drive either. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Common feature in multi function printers these days?
Na, just one that's on it's way out.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14713 posts
4833 upvotes
Montreal
does it really support duplex printing, or is it one of those "take out paper and insert X way" scams companies are using now to market the term?
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14713 posts
4833 upvotes
Montreal
gujusouljah wrote:
I can see you are an astute businessman, as fax is still used heavily for security-sensitive records, especially in the medical field.
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
Sep 24, 2004
947 posts
562 upvotes
Scarborough
How easy is it to refill the toner
Feb 26, 2003
599 posts
51 upvotes
Yes it is true duplex. The copy flips over inside the machine, prints the second side and then exits. It doesn't auto duplex 2 sided originals.
JackWhyte wrote: does it really support duplex printing, or is it one of those "take out paper and insert X way" scams companies are using now to market the term?
Nov 10, 2009
75 posts
24 upvotes
RiCHC3 wrote: If you're okay with refurbs I highly recommend just buying from Brother Canada directly. You get 1 year warranty, plus they -usually- have a newsletter sign up code for 10-20% off and comes within a couple minutes. I grabbed the above model for $69 before tax a few months ago -- works great, came with brand new toner, and looked like-new.

https://www.brother.ca/en-CA/refurbished/
I just did this and got it for just under $85 CAD all in. Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7905 posts
2805 upvotes
Washington, DC
JackWhyte wrote:
gujusouljah wrote:
I can see you are an astute businessman, as fax is still used heavily for security-sensitive records, especially in the medical field.
Yup, a fax is still extremely useful despite this being 2016. I wouldn't own a multifunction without it... however, for a student in school this is a very good MFC with cheap cartridges.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Aug 27, 2012
246 posts
150 upvotes
Victoria
I bought one of these refurbished for $69 a few months ago too. Great printer!
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
25147 posts
21595 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
JackWhyte wrote: I can see you are an astute businessman, as fax is still used heavily for security-sensitive records, especially in the medical field.
A much better solution is to scan paper to PDF then attach it to an e-mail. If security is an issue then don't do it by obscurity (i.e. fax) but instead put a strong password on the PDF.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2008
1693 posts
450 upvotes
GTA
bylo wrote:
JackWhyte wrote: I can see you are an astute businessman, as fax is still used heavily for security-sensitive records, especially in the medical field.
A much better solution is to scan paper to PDF then attach it to an e-mail. If security is an issue then don't do it by obscurity (i.e. fax) but instead put a strong password on the PDF.
Unfortunately most insurance companies or other type businesses don't permit that. Fax is still used as a more secure (antiquated) solution. It is what it is. I don't have a landline so fax is useless.

I have had this printer since the $79 PM and it's great. Still running on the original toner, where if I had my inkjet I would have had to refill at least 2 times. Not missing colour printing at all.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)