Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Bulova Men's 45mm Special Edition Lunar Pilot Chronograph Watch - $240

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2021 4:00 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 15, 2013
1718 posts
1491 upvotes
Ottawa

[Amazon.ca] Bulova Men's 45mm Special Edition Lunar Pilot Chronograph Watch - $240

Close to its historic low.

camelchart-locale-caasin-b01aje2wawpricetypes-amazonforce-1zero-0w-809h-485desired-falselegend-1ilt-1tp-allfo-0lang-en2021-08-2521_04_07.png

Bulova's replica moon watch with quartz movement and sapphire crystal. Sold and fulfilled by Amazon.
Last edited by sandav on Aug 25th, 2021 9:01 pm, edited 8 times in total.
40 replies
Member
Jun 8, 2012
456 posts
622 upvotes
Ottawa
Wowo wowo.

Thank you so much.

Instant buy at $240. I was looking at these a few days ago at $440Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Thanks again...
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1594 posts
2387 upvotes
Kingston
I really like these watches but with smart watches, I am having a hard time justifying these
Member
Jun 8, 2012
456 posts
622 upvotes
Ottawa
FriendlyUnit wrote: There’s only one moon watch.
True, but they are $6700 Cdn.

This thing is 3% of the price.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10643 posts
7231 upvotes
AS2012 wrote: True, but they are $6700 Cdn.

This thing is 3% of the price.
Depends.

Are we talking about Moonwatch (there's more than one...you can buy multiple of them), or watch that's been worn on the moon?

...or is "moon watch" referring to some kind of device?
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2013
1316 posts
1077 upvotes
Montr
xtrmDeals wrote: I really like these watches but with smart watches, I am having a hard time justifying these
Same here. I think conventional watches are like jewelry these days
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 29, 2004
13452 posts
13216 upvotes
Oil Country
xtrmDeals wrote: I really like these watches but with smart watches, I am having a hard time justifying these
Desperadude wrote: Same here. I think conventional watches are like jewelry these days
Wait... how do people have a hard time justifying a watch that will never go out of style, won't need a new battery for several years, doesn't require software updates, and won't become end of life? Treat this Bulova well, and you'll be handing it down to you kids. Doubt you'll be doing that with a smartwatch.

Give me a good automatic or quartz, and I'm set. Currently rotate between a Citizen and Seiko, but need to bring that Lunar Pilot back into the rotation.
Member
Feb 11, 2007
472 posts
272 upvotes
FriendlyUnit wrote: There’s only one moon watch.
There is Infact only one moonwatch if you know your watches, search Omega hint hint
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 23, 2017
579 posts
514 upvotes
Canada
xtrmDeals wrote: I really like these watches but with smart watches, I am having a hard time justifying these
One is smart one is class
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
3199 posts
2122 upvotes
fudge_u wrote: Wait... how do people have a hard time justifying a watch that will never go out of style, won't need a new battery for several years, doesn't require software updates, and won't become end of life? Treat this Bulova well, and you'll be handing it down to you kids. Doubt you'll be doing that with a smartwatch.

Give me a good automatic or quartz, and I'm set. Currently rotate between a Citizen and Seiko, but need to bring that Lunar Pilot back into the rotation.
To me smart watches have so much more utility. I have a bunch of traditional watches, but I wear my smart watch 99% of the time.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3519 posts
4064 upvotes
mathewvc wrote: To me smart watches have so much more utility. I have a bunch of traditional watches, but I wear my smart watch 99% of the time.
Why? You're just duplicating your phone (it's basically a wearable cell/computer), and looking like everyone else. Also like your phone, it will be obsolete/dead in 2-5 years and hit the landfill, while quality watches last more than a lifetime.
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
3199 posts
2122 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote: Why? You're just duplicating your phone (it's basically a wearable cell/computer), and looking like everyone else. Also like your phone, it will be obsolete/dead in 2-5 years and hit the landfill, while quality watches last more than a lifetime.
I’m very active and I use the fitness tracking features. I like to track my sleep as well. It’s useful for voice text if I don’t want to take my phone out. Since I’m diabetic I can also see my
blood sugar levels. Since it’s fully waterproof I don’t have to worry about bringing it out on the water like my phone. If I’m doing an activity it’s great to not have to have my phone in my pocket, but still access a lot of the features.

I don’t care how my watch looks, and am more interested in function. Sure a traditional watch can tell the time and has a few other features, but if you’re argument is that a phone just duplicates a smart watch, then the only advantage of a traditional watch is to show off? Seems a bit insecure/shallow to me.

Again I have traditional watches, but they sit in my watch case 99.9% of the year, and since COVID I think I’ve worn them once at one small event.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3519 posts
4064 upvotes
mathewvc wrote: I’m very active and I use the fitness tracking features. I like to track my sleep as well. It’s useful for voice text if I don’t want to take my phone out. Since I’m diabetic I can also see my
blood sugar levels. Since it’s fully waterproof I don’t have to worry about bringing it out on the water like my phone. If I’m doing an activity it’s great to not have to have my phone in my pocket, but still access a lot of the features.

I don’t care how my watch looks, and am more interested in function. Sure a traditional watch can tell the time and has a few other features, but if you’re argument is that a phone just duplicates a smart watch, then the only advantage of a traditional watch is to show off? Seems a bit insecure/shallow to me.
No that is not my argument at all. What I am saying is craftsmanship, patience, quality, tasteful style and good watches go hand in hand. It's a time-honored tradition. For me, the function of smart watches is limited as I don't run, I would not be able to sleep with something like that on my wrist, and hate the idea of just another disposable gadget that tracks and sells your data. To each their own, I guess.
For Sale:

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)