Amazon.ca

Cable Concealer, 10ft , (large $20.39, medium $19.54), historically lowest

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2021 2:58 pm
[OP]
May 5, 2020
113 posts
247 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Cable Concealer, 10ft , (large $20.39, medium $19.54), historically lowest

Cable concealer in medium and large sizes

medium history:

Large history
23 replies
Nov 24, 2002
278 posts
244 upvotes
Which site are those graphs from?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4425 posts
3076 upvotes
Does anyone know if this will easily break if it gets stepped on?
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
1102 posts
1017 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: Does anyone know if this will easily break if it gets stepped on?
Probably not. Manufacturer built if for an on-the-wall installation so it’s likely only cosmetic plastic she’ll than a structural grade of plastic.
May 22, 2021
3 posts
1 upvote
JMik wrote: Which site are those graphs from?
Looks like keepa extension, keepa.com
Sep 24, 2004
876 posts
446 upvotes
Scarborough
It's probably from the three sisters site whose first name all starts with a "C", so that'll be "CCC"
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
4808 posts
2811 upvotes
sudesingh wrote: It's probably from the three sisters site whose first name all starts with a "C", so that'll be "CCC"
It's not ccc, it's keepa for sure.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
3143 posts
1181 upvotes
Ottawa
It's from Keepa. Also available as a browser extension so it shows up in Amazon product page.
Another feature is alerts for price drops to your desired price
Jan 28, 2014
644 posts
270 upvotes
If you are able to make a hole in your wall (no restrictions like renting) please do so and don't purchase this.

I do a lot of home automation and electrical wiring and cringe when I see this done in million dollar homes when 2 holes with wallplates (one behind the tv the other 2-3 feet below) would have been an easier and less expensive solution.
Nov 24, 2002
278 posts
244 upvotes
Akitakara wrote: It's from Keepa. Also available as a browser extension so it shows up in Amazon product page.
Another feature is alerts for price drops to your desired price
hvc wrote: It's not ccc, it's keepa for sure.
Thanks guys!
May 29, 2006
651 posts
158 upvotes
STIGUY wrote: If you are able to make a hole in your wall (no restrictions like renting) please do so and don't purchase this.

I do a lot of home automation and electrical wiring and cringe when I see this done in million dollar homes when 2 holes with wallplates (one behind the tv the other 2-3 feet below) would have been an easier and less expensive solution.
But what if you have to get power to a tv across 10 feet of finished wall through studs… these have a certain use not just going straight up a wall where a fish tape would work
Dec 29, 2017
645 posts
563 upvotes
STIGUY wrote: If you are able to make a hole in your wall (no restrictions like renting) please do so and don't purchase this.

+1 however does suck when you hit a fireblock in the wall. Start the hole as low as your TV allows, realistically no one gets a smaller TV anyway.
Mar 21, 2013
290 posts
184 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I'll be honest, I'd rather have a picture of the product and an explanation of the price history, or maybe pictures of both, than a random keepa snap.
Penalty Box
Jan 14, 2017
712 posts
399 upvotes
yyz64 wrote: If this is a traffic area with people walking across it you should get something like this
https://www.cabletiesandmore.ca/pvc-flo ... wQQAvD_BwE
Damn this is exactly what I need!

I literally tripped over the TV cord, luckily no damage but more importantly almost missed the Alvarez Saunders fight (largest indoor boxing event in U.S. history lol)

Thanks and thanks OP
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3836 posts
2862 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON

But, but...How can I possibly cut a hole in the impenetrable material commonly known as drywall?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
1183 posts
372 upvotes
Winnipeg
On an old episode of This Old House they showed wainscotting held to the wall with velcro. If you wanted to run a wire you could just pop off the wainscotting.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3500 posts
1566 upvotes
Vancouver
careh wrote: On an old episode of This Old House they showed wainscotting held to the wall with velcro. If you wanted to run a wire you could just pop off the wainscotting.
I seriously contemplated something like this when I was doing my whole home reno. I wanted to put the baseboards on hinges or similar to easily remove and have accessible cable channels built into it. Not sure why I didn't end up doing it, kind of regret it as there are now in-wall cables I'd like to replace.
May 3, 2021
2 posts
1 upvote
If you can, a cleaner setup is white cables and 3M Command light clips.

I used to have these, but they looked bulky and noticeable. There was also a bit of paint peeling off the wall after I removed it.
Jul 23, 2011
569 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto
Thought about this for like 12 seconds when I saw this thread. The money aside - I'd have to buy multiple packs to hide the runs of 8 AWG going to 11 channels, 4 X 12 AWG for tactile transducers , 4 x rca for LFE not to mention the rat's nest behind my stack from all the power cords....

I'm so glad I have a dedicated room painted all black where nobody has a say about the wires running along the baseboard or down the walls. It looks ugly AF with the lights up, but looks, sounds and FEELS AWESOME when the lights go down.