• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2019 4:14 pm
[OP]
Dec 31, 2010
391 posts
418 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon.ca] Calphalon non stick pan 10 and 12 in. 48.99$

A bit cheaper than the All Clads deal, probably just as good.

All time low according to 3c. 48.99$

https://www.amazon.ca/Calphalon-Contemp ... alp&sr=8-3
13 replies
Banned
Oct 27, 2019
67 posts
12 upvotes
The problem with these is that after a month or so of use, The bottom is now warped with the center being the highest point with the edge areas receiving less heat.
Oct 31, 2019
59 posts
78 upvotes
I haven’t had this warping problem, but then again I use gas and use a reasonable amount of heat.
Dec 24, 2011
59 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
namsrv wrote: The problem with these is that after a month or so of use, The bottom is now warped with the center being the highest point with the edge areas receiving less heat.
Hmm, I have had the 12-piece set for a few years now and don't see any warping. The key is to not wash the pots and pans while they are still hot. The metal tends to warp from large and sudden temperature changes. (This obviously applies to all cookware).

EDIT: This is a really good deal.
Jan 24, 2016
72 posts
103 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I’ve had warping issues with some of the pans due to high temperatures such as when broiling but I’ve just done warranty replacements whenever this happens. I bought a 9 or 10 piece set in 2006 and I’m currently on my 2nd replacement of roughly 80% of the pans mostly due to normal wear and tear items (scratching, discolouration, minor warping, etc). They’re customer service is really good.
Dec 16, 2015
2 posts
Toronto, ON
markthomas594 wrote: I’ve had warping issues with some of the pans due to high temperatures such as when broiling but I’ve just done warranty replacements whenever this happens. I bought a 9 or 10 piece set in 2006 and I’m currently on my 2nd replacement of roughly 80% of the pans mostly due to normal wear and tear items (scratching, discolouration, minor warping, etc). They’re customer service is really good.
for the warranty, am i able to get the replacement even it's due to normal wear and tear?
do i need to keep all receipt for replacement?
Thanks
Jan 24, 2016
72 posts
103 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I probably shouldn’t have use that terminology but essentially yes. I’ve never read the warranty details but I’ve had no issues wth replacing pans for the reasons above. I use them a lot and I’m not gentle on them but do follow use and care instructions. The non stick coating is very tough, but it wears out over time if you use it a lot.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5122 posts
1600 upvotes
Vancouver
are there any pans that dont warp?
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
1227 posts
238 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Which is better, this or the ones at Costco for $39.99?
Images
  • upload.jpg
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
1400 posts
1104 upvotes
Halifax
The Gotham Pro has poor reviews. I would go with the Calphalon.
A fan of RFD
Oct 31, 2019
59 posts
78 upvotes
Why are you using high heat with these pans. This is not how they were intended to be used. Not only is it going to obliterate the nonstick coating, it’s going to warp the pans. If you want to use high heat use high carbon steel pans or cast iron.
Jan 24, 2016
72 posts
103 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
ClaytonT60941 wrote: Why are you using high heat with these pans. This is not how they were intended to be used. Not only is it going to obliterate the nonstick coating, it’s going to warp the pans. If you want to use high heat use high carbon steel pans or cast iron.
Over safe to 450.