Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Calvin 3 Pack Klein Mens Body Modal Boxer Briefs $35

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2020 12:05 am
[OP]
Jr. Member
Sep 30, 2019
140 posts
103 upvotes
Vancouver

[Amazon.ca] Calvin 3 Pack Klein Mens Body Modal Boxer Briefs $35

These are way comfier than regular cotton boxer briefs. Can’t recommend them enough.

Link: https://www.amazon.ca/Calvin-Klein-Unde ... 224&sr=8-1
23 replies
[OP]
Jr. Member
Sep 30, 2019
140 posts
103 upvotes
Vancouver
mtlmonk wrote: Same price at costco
You’re right. Forgot to mention this in the OP, but I figured some people wanted to avoid crowds or just wanted the convenience of Prime delivery.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1802 posts
972 upvotes
Laval
nucker wrote: You’re right. Forgot to mention this in the OP, but I figured some people wanted to avoid crowds or just wanted the convenience of Prime delivery.
Yep, my favorite as well!
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 8, 2009
11218 posts
5304 upvotes
I bought a 2 pack or 3 pack at costco a year or 2 ago for under $20 bucks in store and i like them BUT no fly drives me nuts i like to wip it out when needed
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2011
1465 posts
754 upvotes
SW Ontario
They aren't actually modal though. These are 100% synthetic nylon and elastane, whereas modal is rayon which is made from wood cellulose. /nitpick
Member
Jun 20, 2010
436 posts
333 upvotes
Vancouver
I have these ones, Saxx Ultra, and Saxx Platinum and I actually prefer these CK Modals. Thanks OP.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 14, 2006
834 posts
295 upvotes
Toronto
Do they fit snug or are they super stretchy?
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2009
1129 posts
722 upvotes
Toronto
Is this really a good deal? I just checked my Amazon history and it turns out I ordered the exact same 3 pack for $18 back in 2018! Why would this be double the price two years later? Am I missing something?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Dec 17, 2001
11494 posts
4616 upvotes
St-Fabien de Panet, …
XL sold out.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Sep 30, 2019
140 posts
103 upvotes
Vancouver
Simo wrote: Do they fit snug or are they super stretchy?
Kind of both lol.

They’re snug on the body but have pretty good stretch to them.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Sep 30, 2019
140 posts
103 upvotes
Vancouver
mcfrugal wrote: Is this really a good deal? I just checked my Amazon history and it turns out I ordered the exact same 3 pack for $18 back in 2018! Why would this be double the price two years later? Am I missing something?
According to CamelCamel, the lowest they’ve been priced at is 25.99 for size medium in black and that was back in 2017.

Its weird though, I definitely remember these being posted on RFD for a low price a couple of years ago as well, that’s what put me onto these originally lol
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
4466 posts
941 upvotes
London
Bought the Black/Blue Shadow/Mink color 3pack back in July 2019 for $18. Some of my favourite underwear, similar to MyPakage (now BN3TH) but I actually like these better. For bikepacking/touring I prefer these over SAXX or MyPakage. $35 isn't nearly as good, but still slightly cheaper than the MyPakage ones I get from The Last Hunt for ~$14 each.

Just purchased my first pair of Smartwool so ask me in a year and I'll you know which I prefer....
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1603 posts
683 upvotes
what is the advantage of buying these brand name boxers assuming you intend to wear them as underwear under your jammies or other clothes only?
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2011
1465 posts
754 upvotes
SW Ontario
Scycotic wrote: Bought the Black/Blue Shadow/Mink color 3pack back in July 2019 for $18. Some of my favourite underwear, similar to MyPakage (now BN3TH) but I actually like these better. For bikepacking/touring I prefer these over SAXX or MyPakage. $35 isn't nearly as good, but still slightly cheaper than the MyPakage ones I get from The Last Hunt for ~$14 each.

Just purchased my first pair of Smartwool so ask me in a year and I'll you know which I prefer....
See this makes me wonder if the listing isn't wrong. I think CK makes an actual bamboo modal version. The price point on real modal is higher than pure synthetic, markup notwithstanding. Micro modal being the even pricier premium fabric.


eta: case in point, these are true modal - https://www.amazon.ca/Calvin-Klein-Moda ... 058&sr=8-6
Last edited by alpha2omega on Nov 27th, 2020 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2014
1049 posts
411 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
mtlmonk wrote: Same price at costco
Costco near me only has the cotton ones. These are modal.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
4466 posts
941 upvotes
London
alpha2omega wrote: See this makes me wonder if the listing isn't wrong. I think CK makes an actual bamboo modal version. The price point on real modal is higher than pure synthetic, markup notwithstanding. Micro modal being the even pricier premium fabric.


eta: case in point, these are true modal - https://www.amazon.ca/Calvin-Klein-Moda ... 058&sr=8-6
I just looked up the exact model number on my existing pairs (NB1427) and this is what I found online:

Knit: 92% Modal, 8% Elastane
Waistband: 61% Polyamide, 30% Polyester, 9% elastane

And I will say the material definitely feels like modal/same as MyPakage. The regular price most of the year on these is $54/3pack which is about right. The $18 was a "Deal of the Day" according to my records.
So I do think the listing is wrong, but it's wrong in the right direction if you get my meaning (Amazon lists these as modal and also 69% nylon/31% elastane, but the material percentage part is probably wrong).

edit: looks like some colours list 90% modal/10% elastane which should be right.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
4466 posts
941 upvotes
London
coffeebean wrote: what is the advantage of buying these brand name boxers assuming you intend to wear them as underwear under your jammies or other clothes only?
Not so much the brandname, but the material. I've completely stopped wearing my cotton boxer briefs since I discovered modal, (some) synthetic, and (recently) wool. It's hard to imagine the difference, but once you try it you realize there's no going back. It's just so much more "not there" through a whole day of work/exercise/whatever. E.g. modal absorbs more moisture than cotton while remaining super soft and stretchy. For sports, I sometimes prefer synthetic for the wicking, but for daily wear I always choose modal. Still experimenting with merino wool but that's completely different due to the price point.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1802 posts
972 upvotes
Laval
ahumanbeing wrote: Costco near me only has the cotton ones. These are modal.
The costco at mine cleared the cotton ones (had all stitching lines at the wrong place) and replaced with the soft ones without apparent stitching..cant tell if modal or not but they're really soft unlike regular cotton

Top