Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Camera Jeemak with Car DVR Parking Monitor 1080P with Backup Camera $ 69.99 - $ 25 coupon ($45.00)

[OP]
Mar 8, 2015
596 posts
2099 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Amazon.ca] Camera Jeemak with Car DVR Parking Monitor 1080P with Backup Camera $ 69.99 - $ 25 coupon ($45.00)

I have the same camera installed on my pickup since last 3 months and it is an exceptional value and quality for the price.
26 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
5995 posts
1856 upvotes
Scarborough
Looking at the pictures it looks like it covers your rear view mirror? Is that safe?
Jan 6, 2013
88 posts
36 upvotes
Montreal
Looks like a good buy. I wanted to know how hard is it to setup the rear view cables to the rear lights as indicated in the description.
I have a toyota sedan and any directions would be appreciated
[OP]
Mar 8, 2015
596 posts
2099 upvotes
Calgary, AB
SkimGuy wrote: Looking at the pictures it looks like it covers your rear view mirror? Is that safe?
Yes it goes on top of your existing rear view mirror but its own screen works as a new rear view mirror.
[OP]
Mar 8, 2015
596 posts
2099 upvotes
Calgary, AB
mickeychennai wrote: Looks like a good buy. I wanted to know how hard is it to setup the rear view cables to the rear lights as indicated in the description.
I have a toyota sedan and any directions would be appreciated
You just need to guide the cable to one side of rear lamps and splice the wire into reverse light , it is fairly simple.
Sep 4, 2015
275 posts
245 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
FYI I Had a similar rearview mirror set up in my 8y.o. car. It caused the rear view mirror to come down and I had to take it in to a windshield repair place.

Not saying it will happen if you get this. But it happened to me
Jan 6, 2013
88 posts
36 upvotes
Montreal
okay i am going to give it a shot. Also the temperature rating says its only recommended upto -10*C. any luck using this camera in extreme canadian winter?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2300 posts
1821 upvotes
Ottawa
I have the 7" screen version of this installed on my winter beater since the fall. It has held up so far and never had problems over the winter. Not sure how it handles the heat as it hasn't been hot enough around here yet.
Sep 30, 2015
234 posts
58 upvotes
York, ON
Is there anyway to let it sit on the dash instead of on the rear view mirror?
[OP]
Mar 8, 2015
596 posts
2099 upvotes
Calgary, AB
krist8 wrote: Is there anyway to let it sit on the dash instead of on the rear view mirror?
I believe it can be rigged, like sticking it to a magnetic ball mount.
Feb 23, 2017
352 posts
430 upvotes
I had a similar model but my rear camera stopped working after about a year
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2715 posts
1713 upvotes
GVRD
The rear camera on this brand is just another run of the mill rear cam that is widely sourced on generic Chinese brand - they all perform poorly at night or inside the cabin and is not made for cold climate. If you are handy enough and is comfortable to re-run the wires whenever the rear cam dies (they are cheap to replace), this is a decent dashcam if image quality is not a priority.

If you are seriously looking for a 2 channels system, have a look at the Viofo A129 as it is probably the best inexpensive 2 channels system or go big with ThinkWare. I picked up the A129 via extensive researches on various forums and local dash cam shops, the rear cam works inside my car with limo tint.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2008
1893 posts
773 upvotes
White Rock
This camera was $41.99 after a $28 coupon applied a few days ago. Someone posted it, but the moderator deleted the thread.
Images
  • Backup Camera JEEMAK.jpg
Apr 17, 2017
115 posts
80 upvotes
GTA
Is this just a back up camera?

Or front and rear dash cam?
Feb 17, 2009
340 posts
355 upvotes
goodfortune wrote: This camera was $41.99 after a $28 coupon applied a few days ago. Someone posted it, but the moderator deleted the thread.
Yeah, I remember that $41.99 deal thread. Why was it deleted?
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2008
1893 posts
773 upvotes
White Rock
snootchiebootchies wrote: Yeah, I remember that $41.99 deal thread. Why was it deleted?
No idea. I just remembered that someone probably said it's a shilled post.
Apr 22, 2006
970 posts
317 upvotes
Toronto
pkphilip wrote: this is a decent dashcam if image quality is not a priority.
What good does a dashcam do if it doesn't have usable footage when in need.?? Image quality is EVERYTHING in a dash cam.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
1063 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
I see "Price: CDN$ 69.99 & FREE Shipping."
is there any coupon?
More do more worng,
less do less wong,
no do no wrog.
Nov 8, 2011
152 posts
34 upvotes
Can i use rear camera as rear view dash cam instead ?