• Mar 10th, 2019 7:12 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
3276 posts
1704 upvotes
djfred wrote:
Mar 10th, 2019 10:49 am
?!?!?!?
My 6 can order is arriving tomorrow. Your pic appears to be lame and wasteful packaging. They should of shrink wrapped a six pack of cans together and used one box.
RFD Admins All Drive Teslas. You should Too!
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1875 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
LOL. Amazon went full retard.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2852 posts
1535 upvotes
My cats would love that. Amazon delivery day is their favorite because they get a new box to try. That many boxes would last them weeks before they were all recycled.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
3578 posts
1375 upvotes
Toronto, ON
JoeStale wrote:
Mar 10th, 2019 10:55 am
LOL. Amazon went full retard.
Hahahaha.

Thank you for making my day!
Mar 1, 2019
49 posts
88 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
When the wrapping and shipping costs more than the soup...

At least it came with individual, disposable, soup bowls (the boxes).
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2852 posts
1535 upvotes
DaFrugalJew wrote:
Mar 10th, 2019 2:21 pm
When the wrapping and shipping costs more than the soup...

At least it came with individual, disposable, soup bowls (the boxes).
Ummm... the can it came in?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
2583 posts
1431 upvotes
Langley
djfred wrote:
?!?!?!?
This should be a news story... This is ridiculous..
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1875 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
jellytime wrote:
Mar 10th, 2019 5:15 pm
This should be a news story... This is ridiculous..
It's my fault. The last time Amazon shipped me dented cans, I told them that they needed to put cardboard dividers between the cans like beer bottles have. But the Amazon employees must have been playing email tag and it got interpreted by their shipping department that each can must be divided into a separate box. Apologies to Captain Planet!

Now, are there any soups on sale I can order to see how many boxes I can get? @Thatdealguy has a thread saying he needs cheap shipping supplies. This should do nicely.
May 19, 2009
413 posts
283 upvotes
Vancouver
Are they gonna cancel the order a month later like they did with the dish soap? Face With Tears Of Joy

Edit: Just realized that deal is dead at $2.27 now.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
25173 posts
10603 upvotes
djfred wrote:
?!?!?!?
JoeStale wrote:
Mar 10th, 2019 5:20 pm
It's my fault. The last time Amazon shipped me dented cans, I told them that they needed to put cardboard dividers between the cans like beer bottles have. But the Amazon employees must have been playing email tag and it got interpreted by their shipping department that each can must be divided into a separate box. Apologies to Captain Planet!
I mean... each can is technically divided now...
The 3 things they do have to protect items (packing peanuts which I haven't seen in a while, paper, and air pillows) won't protect multiple cans per shipment so this is the best compromise they have.
I highly doubt they'll get actual cardboard dividers since they're pretty niche in terms of use cases.

Personally I can't figure out why they even have canned goods.
I have to wonder how much money they're making after boxes and shipping, especially when shipping like this.
Sep 2, 2007
374 posts
115 upvotes
JoeStale wrote:
Mar 10th, 2019 5:20 pm

Now, are there any soups on sale I can order to see how many boxes I can get? @Thatdealguy has a thread saying he needs cheap shipping supplies. This should do nicely.
For all you guys wondering what happened

Amazon's shipping is run entirely by software - the software tells the warehouse guy how to pick the product and how to pack. there's no way the individual warehouse employees can fix it. that's done at the software/developer level. no human is dumb enough to do this - it's the software calculating how things how are supposed to be shipped and the humans carry it out according to their instructions.

it's a bug in the system; or some human put overrides into the system and gunked it all up. either way it's a mistake at the software level.

it's not a small operation where the shippers decide what they can do. i think there's an option to report how the packaging was on their site to help improve how it'll be done in the future.