Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] CanaKit Raspberry Pi 3 B+ (32 GB EVO+ Edition + Premium Black Case) - $79

[OP]
Mar 26, 2015
168 posts
460 upvotes
Montreal, QC

[Amazon Canada] CanaKit Raspberry Pi 3 B+ (32 GB EVO+ Edition + Premium Black Case) - $79

CanaKit Raspberry Pi 3 B+ (B Plus) Starter Kit (32 GB EVO+ Edition, Premium Black Case)
$78.99 with coupon

2019-03-20 103952.png

Includes:
Made in UK Raspberry Pi 3 B+ (B Plus) with 1.4 GHz 64-bit Quad-Core Processor, 1 GB RAM
Dual Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz IEEE 802.11.b/g/n/ac Wireless LAN, Enhanced Ethernet Performance
32 GB Samsung EVO+ Micro SD Card (Class 10) Pre-loaded with NOOBS, USB MicroSD Card Reader
CanaKit 2.5A USB Power Supply with Micro USB Cable and Noise Filter - Specially designed for the Raspberry Pi 3 B+ (UL Listed)
CanaKit PiSwitch, Premium Raspberry Pi 3 B+ Case, High Quality HDMI Cable, 2 x Heat Sinks, GPIO Quick Reference Card, CanaKit Full Color Quick-Start Guide
142 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
2993 posts
590 upvotes
Toronto
ToniCipriani wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 10:51 am
This one a few pennies since they don't charge taxes, lol.

$89.25 vs $88.99

https://www.amazon.ca/ABOX-Raspberry-Ul ... 07DGFH76Y/
Thanks.

Each of these offers has a variant with a smaller 16G SD card and a different case for $10 less. I'd put links in but it's too much work to scrape mysterious information off of Amazon URLs. Amazon shows them amongst links at the bottom of each listing.
Sep 29, 2010
137 posts
155 upvotes
Vaughan
Bought this kit a while back. Not a bad deal, considering you just assemble and it's good to go.

Works great for PiHole. No more ads. :)
Feb 27, 2019
3 posts
4 upvotes
I've been tempted to get one of these to build a retro gaming emulator. The thought of having n64, nes, snes, playstation, psp, gameboy, etc all in one console and for $89 is supremely tempting. Although I can hardly scrape together enough time to play through my steam backlog these days...
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
1863 posts
409 upvotes
EDMONTON
ElliotT454850 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 12:23 pm
I've been tempted to get one of these to build a retro gaming emulator. The thought of having n64, nes, snes, playstation, psp, gameboy, etc all in one console and for $89 is supremely tempting. Although I can hardly scrape together enough time to play through my steam backlog these days...
have you thought about just getting the PS classic for $50?
RFD Etiquette:
- If you are going to shoot down a deal by referencing an expired sale or past deals, please provide us with a working time machine!
Feb 27, 2019
3 posts
4 upvotes
nah, if I'm going that route I'd rather pay $20 more for ALL the consoles and literally any game I want :P
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5708 posts
1534 upvotes
Montreal
I bought a Raspberry Pi 3 over a year ago to use for Retro Pi and still haven't taken it out of the box. Yet, for some reason, I'm tempted to buy another one.

RFD - tell me what to potentially do with a second Raspberry Pi (besides Pi Hole).
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1132 posts
254 upvotes
psyko514 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 12:42 pm
I bought a Raspberry Pi 3 over a year ago to use for Retro Pi and still haven't taken it out of the box. Yet, for some reason, I'm tempted to buy another one.

RFD - tell me what to potentially do with a second Raspberry Pi (besides Pi Hole).
Home Assistant.
Nov 8, 2011
120 posts
16 upvotes
i m tempted to buy this for my kids, how can be this useful for them?
Mar 30, 2008
174 posts
18 upvotes
I would like to buy another one but don't know what to do with it.

Currently running Pihole and Unifi Controller on my first one and OVM on the second one.

Any suggestions? No RetroPi please and I already have a VPN running on my router.

I would like to build some kind of surveillance server
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5708 posts
1534 upvotes
Montreal
tatung wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 12:45 pm
Home Assistant.
I have a Google Home and two Minis, an Amazon Echo and Echo Dot, a Google Home Hub and I just ordered a Lenovo Smart Display. So I'm (too) covered on that front.
Dec 28, 2018
5 posts
25 upvotes
I'm thinking about running Suricata for security, Nextcloud as a dropbox replacement, and also building a NVR to capture RTSP ipcam feeds.

But have started looking at the Odroid boards, which seem to be more powerful - more speed, memory, etc - and work with DietPi.
Aug 1, 2005
506 posts
66 upvotes
psyko514 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 12:42 pm

I thought this smart mirror posted on reddit was a really cool, albeit significantly more involved, project.

https://imgur.com/a/KQo94E4
Feb 7, 2017
69 posts
65 upvotes
ElliotT454850 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 12:23 pm
Don't expect n64 emulation to be good even with overclocking which i don't recommend since the B+ is essentially an already overclocked pi 3 b

This is a decent deal however, many people expect an announcement of the pi4 sometime this year. The black case that it comes with kinda sucks because theirs no airflow and not a lot of room if you want to add a cpu/gpu cooler but the power supply and sd card are fantastic