Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Canon EOS 5D Mark IV with EF 24-105mm F4L is II USM Lens Kit, Black - $3,799

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2020 11:31 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9802 posts
5825 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Canon EOS 5D Mark IV with EF 24-105mm F4L is II USM Lens Kit, Black - $3,799

Seems to be a decent deal... ** Only 3 left in stock at Amazon.ca

Same price at the Canon Canada eStore as well (but OOS): https://estore.canon.ca/en-CA/catalog/E ... II-USM-Kit
Last edited by chatbox on Sep 20th, 2020 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
55 replies
Sr. Member
Jan 7, 2011
789 posts
272 upvotes
Biggest flaw of this camera is the screen - it doesn't move or tilt. It's outdated thanks to Sony. Fair deal would be $2000.
Photography.
RedFlagDeals - Brea
self promotion is not allowed on RFD
Jr. Member
Feb 17, 2019
101 posts
197 upvotes
Brea wrote: Biggest flaw of this camera is the screen - it doesn't move or tilt. It's outdated thanks to Sony. Fair deal would be $2000.
Let me know when you find this kit for $2000. Thanks.
Sr. Member
Dec 6, 2008
671 posts
197 upvotes
YouShurH93521 wrote: Let me know when you find this kit for $2000. Thanks.
The lens alone can go for $1500+. Would be smoking hot if you can find this for $2000
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3661 posts
1327 upvotes
Canon chose to keep that kind of screen on the 5D, cheaper Canons have the screen that you can move around

I assume they kept that style because pros prefer it that way?
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1286 posts
253 upvotes
Brea wrote: Biggest flaw of this camera is the screen - it doesn't move or tilt. It's outdated thanks to Sony. Fair deal would be $2000.

Face With Tears Of Joy
A Mark IV for 2000?
Member
Feb 4, 2011
478 posts
263 upvotes
dairymandip wrote: Face With Tears Of Joy
A Mark IV for 2000?
Lol..the problem is everybody with a DSLR believes that they know the photography industry so well
Sr. Member
Jan 7, 2011
789 posts
272 upvotes
dealz4all wrote: Lol..the problem is everybody with a DSLR believes that they know the photography industry so well
Exactly. The new Canon R6 outscales the Canon 5D4 in everyway thanks to new tech. Mirrorless has paved the way for this. And most professionals wouldn't use the included lens thanks to the F4. 5D4 was worth much more ages ago when the industry was stagnant. Even if you're an casual shooter, a mirrorless with eye-AF is more idiot-friendly for anyone shooting just family or even animal/pet pictures.
Photography.
RedFlagDeals - Brea
self promotion is not allowed on RFD
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4491 posts
1756 upvotes
Ancaster
Brea wrote: Even if you're an casual shooter, a mirrorless with eye-AF is more idiot-friendly for anyone shooting just family or even animal/pet pictures.
Wouldn't professionals benefit as well? If the camera can reliably lock on faces/eyes (and track them) faster than you can spot focus or manually focus, isn't that a benefit to you when working?
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
14970 posts
12297 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Brea wrote: Exactly. The new Canon R6 outscales the Canon 5D4 in everyway thanks to new tech. Mirrorless has paved the way for this. And most professionals wouldn't use the included lens thanks to the F4. 5D4 was worth much more ages ago when the industry was stagnant. Even if you're an casual shooter, a mirrorless with eye-AF is more idiot-friendly for anyone shooting just family or even animal/pet pictures.
Of course R6 out scales the 5D MKIV as the latter is 4 years old now. You forgot the most important part going forward and that’s the lens as they are now RF mount. So new glass offerings in EF will be little if any.
Member
Feb 4, 2011
478 posts
263 upvotes
unshavenyak wrote: Wouldn't professionals benefit as well? If the camera can reliably lock on faces/eyes (and track them) faster than you can spot focus or manually focus, isn't that a benefit to you when working?
Actually Eye-AF existed in 1-series body in film era, but canon didn't continue that in subsequent release. I believe, feedbacks from Pros were not encouraging.
Sr. Member
Dec 29, 2013
820 posts
489 upvotes
Montr
I’d not be comfortable of spend that much on something that probably no one will buy in a year
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4491 posts
1756 upvotes
Ancaster
Desperadude wrote: I’d not be comfortable of spend that much on something that probably no one will buy in a year
I'm guessing anyone in the market for a 5D IV doesn't really care too much about what's the latest and greatest. They're probably using it as a work tool. When I was having my family portraits done, I asked the photographer what she would get if her Nikon D800 broke. She said something to the effect of "Probably another new or refurbished D800 if I can find one and if not, a D850".
Sr. Member
Dec 29, 2013
820 posts
489 upvotes
Montr
unshavenyak wrote: I'm guessing anyone in the market for a 5D IV doesn't really care too much about what's the latest and greatest. They're probably using it as a work tool. When I was having my family portraits done, I asked the photographer what she would get if her Nikon D800 broke. She said something to the effect of "Probably another new or refurbished D800 if I can find one and if not, a D850".
For sure people working in studios do not care at all for the size/weight or tech's

Top