Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Canon Rebel T5i DSLR w/ 18-55mm and 50mm 1.8 STM Bundle -- 449$

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2017 10:52 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2011
4367 posts
11029 upvotes
Quebec

[Amazon.ca] Canon Rebel T5i DSLR w/ 18-55mm and 50mm 1.8 STM Bundle -- 449$

Temporarily out of stock.

In my opinion, every intervention in RFD deserve a "thanks". Thanks given until now: more than 100,000

Giving "Likes" gives cancer.... Don't do it!!!!
10 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2011
4367 posts
11029 upvotes
Quebec
Good deal?
In my opinion, every intervention in RFD deserve a "thanks". Thanks given until now: more than 100,000

Giving "Likes" gives cancer.... Don't do it!!!!
Jul 3, 2013
376 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
isrdum wrote: Good deal?
I'm not a canon guy but I think this is a pretty good deal. THe 1.8 lens alone I've seen range from low 100's to high 100's. Good starter pack for sure.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12262 posts
6058 upvotes
Was holding off till boxing day but pretty sure this will be the same price then so why not get it now to play with lol.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15481 posts
10139 upvotes
Southern Ontario
isrdum wrote: Good deal?
Yes it is, it’s lower than what you would find used.

The 50mm f/1.8 STM is also an excellent portrait lens.
Apr 22, 2005
457 posts
14 upvotes
Yeah, I got the cancellation email too. Don't suppose it would help to complain and b**ch to Amazon, would it? :)
:twisted:
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12262 posts
6058 upvotes
anhtuan wrote: Got a cancellation email today.
Not good news. Lately amazon has not been great. Lots of canceled orders or shows instock then order and then it says wont ship till so and so date then when that date comes it gets canceled then next day it shows in stock but higher price lol.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2008
2311 posts
358 upvotes
North York
I used to own this camera before selling it earlier this year. I would say the camera biggest cons by far is the 9 points autofocus system. i believe this is the same system from Canon T1i... this has been since upgraded in T6i.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
2577 posts
698 upvotes
anhtuan wrote: Got a cancellation email today.
That was a great price and I was thinking I should have got it as a back up camera. Seeing they cancelled orders I guess I was better off not ordering thus saving some major disappointment.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15481 posts
10139 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Ethan15 wrote: I used to own this camera before selling it earlier this year. I would say the camera biggest cons by far is the 9 points autofocus system. i believe this is the same system from Canon T1i... this has been since upgraded in T6i.
Focus/Recompose with the centre point using back button focus. The outer points aren’t really needed unless framing with a very shallow DoF where F/R alters your focus plane. The only time I use outer points on my 5DIV is when using a 50 f/1.2 or 85 f/1.4 on the wide end during weddings and portraits.

Back button focus is also handy by holding it down in AIservo while tracking a moving subject with the center point. Outer points also aren’t useful for tracking.

For action, your determining factor and number of keepers helps if have a fast focusing lens, for example, where the Canon 85 f/1.2 is not, but something like a 70-200 f/2.8II is a very fast tracker. And high enough shutter speed to freeze the motion of course.

imho, a T5i is a very capable DSLR, I used to have one.