Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

CAP Barbell Deluxe Utility Bench - 500lbs capacity - $180

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 4th, 2020 10:20 am
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Dec 1, 2014
253 posts
422 upvotes
Anjou, QC

[Amazon.ca] CAP Barbell Deluxe Utility Bench - 500lbs capacity - $180

Decent-ish flat/incline weight bench. 500lbs capacity. Much better deal than that fitness reality crap that may end up shipping by fall.

Pros:
decently strong looking frame
wheels

Cons:
thin pad
track/pin adjustment

Would prefer a ladder frame with a thicker pad, bit this will do for now. Reviews seem pretty good.
JANNIES DO IT FOR FREE
31 replies
Member
Mar 14, 2009
309 posts
84 upvotes
Perfect timing, I have to return the loaner I have tomorrow.
Member
User avatar
Dec 17, 2013
351 posts
602 upvotes
British Columbia
good stuff OP. ordered. reviews seem mixed but fingers crossed i get a good one
Sr. Member
May 17, 2007
725 posts
270 upvotes
Toronto
DrunkTrailerParkSupervisor wrote: Decent-ish flat/incline weight bench. 500lbs capacity. Much better deal than that fitness reality crap that may end up shipping by fall.

Pros:
decently strong looking frame
wheels

Cons:
thin pad
track/pin adjustment

Would prefer a ladder frame with a thicker pad, bit this will do for now. Reviews seem pretty good.
What's a ladder frame? what are other options you've looked out? I like the rubber band hooks.
Member
User avatar
Mar 6, 2019
439 posts
631 upvotes
Toronto
>Decent-ish flat/incline weight bench. 500lbs capacity. Much better deal than that fitness reality crap that may end up shipping by fall.

Funny you say that given the reputation CAP has lol. Every product I have ordered from them, aside from kettle bells, was sold/returned. Barbell bent out of the box, weights being grossly inaccurate, low quality. I kept the kettle bells because I had enough dumbbells and did not care for the weight inaccuracy.

The good thing here is it's Amazon so returns should be easy, but I will never buy a CAP product again. I definitely would not trust the 500lbs capacity.
Newbie
Oct 29, 2014
48 posts
83 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Reviews make it seem like it has some poor quality issues. Many citing broken welds and wobbly legs. I think I'll pass.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3373 posts
3852 upvotes
No decline = deal breaker. Decline presses are some of the most effective pec exercises for me.
For Sale:
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Dec 1, 2014
253 posts
422 upvotes
Anjou, QC
OleSolskjaer wrote: >Decent-ish flat/incline weight bench. 500lbs capacity. Much better deal than that fitness reality crap that may end up shipping by fall.

Funny you say that given the reputation CAP has lol. Every product I have ordered from them, aside from kettle bells, was sold/returned. Barbell bent out of the box, weights being grossly inaccurate, low quality. I kept the kettle bells because I had enough dumbbells and did not care for the weight inaccuracy.

The good thing here is it's Amazon so returns should be easy, but I will never buy a CAP product again. I definitely would not trust the 500lbs capacity.
That hasn't been my experience. Weight plates very consistent one to another, rubber coated dumbbells are nice, and the squat half-rack is very decent for the money. Keep in mind this is a low end fitness product, so some crappiness is to be expected.
orb2k wrote: What's a ladder frame? what are other options you've looked out? I like the rubber band hooks.
- passed on Bowflex 5.1s because adjustment looks finicky. Passed on 3.1 for no seat angle adjustment. Passed on 4.1 for low weight capacity.
- Passed on fitness reality for extreme crap-tier construction and capacity.
- Passed on marcy bench because I don't want any front attachments

I'm waiting for the BOS of fit505 benches to come in stock by August, I'll be picking one up. What I really want is an Atlantis B177 old style but they have been discontinued for two years.

Ladder frame: backrest post just hooks into desired position.

atlantisutilitybench2.jpg
JANNIES DO IT FOR FREE
Sr. Member
Nov 13, 2018
842 posts
1879 upvotes
I have a CAP flat bench I bought from Canadian Tire in 2017. I've used it 3x a week for three years and it's held up well. I've had to tighten the bolts twice but otherwise it's good.

It doesn't "seem" the best quality and if you're a big person pushing big weight I would be a bit wary.

For reference I'm 155lb and use 50lb dumbbells (250lb total on bench)

Edit: this is the exact one I have. Just for reference of quality and whatnot

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/cap- ... 0759p.html
Member
Oct 27, 2002
453 posts
9 upvotes
Markham
thelasthunter wrote: No decline = deal breaker. Decline presses are some of the most effective pec exercises for me.
Do more dips then
Heatware

PM me for e-mail
Sr. Member
May 17, 2007
725 posts
270 upvotes
Toronto
DrunkTrailerParkSupervisor wrote: That hasn't been my experience. Weight plates very consistent one to another, rubber coated dumbbells are nice, and the squat half-rack is very decent for the money. Keep in mind this is a low end fitness product, so some crappiness is to be expected.



- passed on Bowflex 5.1s because adjustment looks finicky. Passed on 3.1 for no seat angle adjustment. Passed on 4.1 for low weight capacity.
- Passed on fitness reality for extreme crap-tier construction and capacity.
- Passed on marcy bench because I don't want any front attachments

I'm waiting for the BOS of fit505 benches to come in stock by August, I'll be picking one up. What I really want is an Atlantis B177 old style but they have been discontinued for two years.

Ladder frame: backrest post just hooks into desired position.


atlantisutilitybench2.jpg
Are these twice the price ?
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jul 11, 2018
119 posts
40 upvotes
It is Currently unavailable
If it ain't broken, open it and find out why!
Jr. Member
Nov 24, 2013
138 posts
49 upvotes
MAPLE
toshis wrote: does anyone have feedback on the north lights flatbench? https://www.fitnessdepot.ca/B01BVI11216 ... lflat.html
someones selling for $200 and might buy that instead....
I have this one (higher model one) and it's super sturdy with 3" of strong pad (i.e.: supports heavy weight very well) and rated for 400LB. It does incline/decline/flat and I am pretty sure it was cheaper when I bought it few years ago. It looks super professional/good in a room. If it goes around 250$ jump on it. If you can pickup it would be best because it's heavy not sure if they do free shipping. If you are using less than 40lb dumb bells you can get cheaper version. If you are into the heavier weights (I do 70lb dumb bell press on this bench and it supports my back very well and I feel very safe) I would definitely recommend this bench.
Basically you are looking for comfort (thick/enough padding), support (harder padding), and stability (strong frame material).

A video demo of this product:
Newbie
Dec 24, 2013
74 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
guess ill chime in cause of misinformation. i had this bench for 2 years now. went from 135lbs to 255lbs flat bench with no issue whatsoever. pad is more than thick enough. it is sturdy. the pin mechanism is fine. i've worked out at all the uoft gyms (goldring), ryerson (mac), as well as pan am centre in scarborough and this bench is comparable to even the fancy embroidered bench. for a home setup it is fine. cap equipment is fine. i've loaded 265lbs squat on their half rack/$60 bar. just go slow and controlled when racking/unracking. go rogue if you plan to oly lift.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
2175 posts
1595 upvotes
Anyone using Northern light stealth super bench?
Member
Aug 20, 2018
318 posts
299 upvotes
Mrrfdxyz wrote: Anyone using Northern light stealth super bench?
Bought it a few weeks ago from Fitness Depot. I’ve had zero issues with it, and it’s super sturdy.
Member
Feb 22, 2015
442 posts
165 upvotes
Ontario
thebigkielbasa wrote: Bought it a few weeks ago from Fitness Depot. I’ve had zero issues with it, and it’s super sturdy.
How long does shipping take with Fitness Depot?
Member
User avatar
Dec 17, 2013
351 posts
602 upvotes
British Columbia
ncdealseeker wrote: I have this one (higher model one) and it's super sturdy with 3" of strong pad (i.e.: supports heavy weight very well) and rated for 400LB. It does incline/decline/flat and I am pretty sure it was cheaper when I bought it few years ago. It looks super professional/good in a room. If it goes around 250$ jump on it. If you can pickup it would be best because it's heavy not sure if they do free shipping. If you are using less than 40lb dumb bells you can get cheaper version. If you are into the heavier weights (I do 70lb dumb bell press on this bench and it supports my back very well and I feel very safe) I would definitely recommend this bench.
Basically you are looking for comfort (thick/enough padding), support (harder padding), and stability (strong frame material).

A video demo of this product:
I appreciate the response. It's tough to find reviews on northern lights stuff so any kind of info is great.

Top