Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

CAP Barbell Full Cage Power Rack - $329.55

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2020 9:01 pm
Jul 23, 2011
782 posts
2501 upvotes
Ottawa

[Amazon.ca] CAP Barbell Full Cage Power Rack - $329.55

I got upset I missed the half cage that was just posted until I saw this.

Full cage for a good price! Good for home gym for beginner to intermediate weight lifting.

Hurry as this will sell out quick.

Also found a Reebok Half cage but looks like bad reviews and the price is pretty much the cost as the cap full cage.

Reebok FM-RE005H Deluxe Power Rack https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06XTKQ3T2/ref ... XEbQDA2KJ7
22 replies
Apr 13, 2005
560 posts
256 upvotes
Too bad not 6ft version.
7ft too high for basement.
Aug 31, 2007
419 posts
125 upvotes
aaa111 wrote: Too bad not 6ft version.
7ft too high for basement.
Same problem here. Ended up getting the Northern Lights 72" squat stands a while back instead of a cage.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2004
5580 posts
1106 upvotes
Toronto
I have the Cap Barbell version of the Rebok one (It's identical it appears and both made by CAP) it feels reasonable solid but the safeties are kinda short so I bought new ones.
Aug 28, 2007
727 posts
619 upvotes
Thorold
colavs19 wrote: Anyone have any opinions on this ?
If you're in the GTA, I'd call up FitnessAvenue and see what the leadtime on stock there is. They have 2 similar cages at $229 and $299 (DF-1161A and TP006D).

I'm not a big fan of how the bottom back is secured, my cage is similar (TP006D, about 6 years old now). The issue is you'll want to be able to put your bench inside the cage to make use of the spotter stands when working out alone.

Given the back isn't recessed at all so with most benches you're going to be lifting the bar off on an angle (bench is going to make contact with that back bar). Notice on the half-rack the bar securing the rack at the bottom angles outwards. My solution with the AmStaff cage was to remove a screw from each side and turn the bottom bar sideways.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2004
5580 posts
1106 upvotes
Toronto
BenK22 wrote: If you're in the GTA, I'd call up FitnessAvenue and see what the leadtime on stock there is. They have 2 similar cages at $229 and $299 (DF-1161A and TP006D).

I'm not a big fan of how the bottom back is secured, my cage is similar (TP006D, about 6 years old now). The issue is you'll want to be able to put your bench inside the cage to make use of the spotter stands when working out alone.

Given the back isn't recessed at all so with most benches you're going to be lifting the bar off on an angle (bench is going to make contact with that back bar). Notice on the half-rack the bar securing the rack at the bottom angles outwards. My solution with the AmStaff cage was to remove a screw from each side and turn the bottom bar sideways.
I hadn't actually though of that. Luckily I guess I was forced to buy this because it was all that was in stock. I originally wanted a full rack https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00I04 ... UTF8&psc=1
Dec 6, 2008
61 posts
54 upvotes
BenK22 wrote: If you're in the GTA, I'd call up FitnessAvenue and see what the leadtime on stock there is. They have 2 similar cages at $229 and $299 (DF-1161A and TP006D).

Does the rack have to be strapped to the wall? If not, can't you place one side of the bench over the bottom bar so it straddles the bottom bar to give you the position you'd like for bench press?
Aug 28, 2007
727 posts
619 upvotes
Thorold
ahassan wrote: Does the rack have to be strapped to the wall? If not, can't you place one side of the bench over the bottom bar so it straddles the bottom bar to give you the position you'd like for bench press?
Doesn't have to be strapped to the wall. Depends on the bench design, you might be able to find one that you can. Most FID benches come up at an angle though so too much of the bench would likely be ahead of your bench press bar.
Mar 6, 2019
608 posts
945 upvotes
Toronto
I have not had good experiences with CAP, between bent barbells, incorrect weights (by a considerable margin...), I would test this thing out while still in the return period.

The Fitness Reality combo at Walmart (when in stock) is a much better deal.
Jan 5, 2018
90 posts
188 upvotes
Like OP said, probably good for beginner to intermediate lifters. 300lb weight capacity for bar catches seems light for more experienced lifters
Nov 24, 2016
684 posts
992 upvotes
Miniv wrote: Same problem here. Ended up getting the Northern Lights 72" squat stands a while back instead of a cage.
Fitness Depot? I just put an order in for store pick up. A few days ago. No movement yet. I wonder if I can get it before gyms open back up lol
Nov 28, 2019
167 posts
456 upvotes
Vancouver
Item is no longer available
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7467 posts
4051 upvotes
Montreal
MashGhasem wrote: Fitness Depot? I just put an order in for store pick up. A few days ago. No movement yet. I wonder if I can get it before gyms open back up lol
I put an order 1.5 months for in store pickup lol pretty sure they forgot it. Stores are opened now, I might just go directly there.
Nov 24, 2016
684 posts
992 upvotes
Madevilz wrote: I put an order 1.5 months for in store pickup lol pretty sure they forgot it. Stores are opened now, I might just go directly there.
No wayyyyy. Lmao I'm cancelling it then. That's Bs. I have a gym in my building but it's closed because of corona. In Alberta gyms are put in phase 3 which could be a couple of months away. If I have to wait that long then... Thanks for the heads up. I'll contact them tomorrow.
Dec 17, 2013
547 posts
1057 upvotes
British Columbia
MashGhasem wrote: No wayyyyy. Lmao I'm cancelling it then. That's Bs. I have a gym in my building but it's closed because of corona. In Alberta gyms are put in phase 3 which could be a couple of months away. If I have to wait that long then... Thanks for the heads up. I'll contact them tomorrow.

I prepurchaed the northern lights half rack last weekend in store. The guy said he's expecting a shipment in June sometime so I'm keeping my fingers crossed
Dec 8, 2008
525 posts
283 upvotes
Madevilz wrote: I put an order 1.5 months for in store pickup lol pretty sure they forgot it. Stores are opened now, I might just go directly there.
Did they forget it? I hope stock comes back soon for some of these racks. People on Kijiji are just plain exploiting people
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2007
1008 posts
75 upvotes
Hey RFD,

I have this one in this post and the half rack from amazon. I couldn’t cancel my order even when it wasn’t shipped. So if anyone is looking I will sell at COST to help you guys out. Not looking to profit. Just gotta pick it up from my place. Box is heavy and large.

Here is the other one:

Cap Barbell Deluxe Power Cage https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00I04Z52G/ref ... 0EbK4ESW88

I actually bought another one from treadmill factory and I thought It was never gonna come so I ordered these as backups but was too late to cancel.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)