• Apr 1st, 2021 5:05 pm
[OP]
Jan 22, 2015
505 posts
621 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon.ca] Capresso 560.01 Infinity Burr Coffee Grinder, Deal Dead

Capresso 560.01 Infinity Burr Grinder, Black Black $105.36
It was $101 once in 2020 otherwise this is the lowest price according to the camels.
Silver one shows $95 but it's sold by third party with shipping fees
Last edited by newcan on Apr 1st, 2021 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 replies
Feb 16, 2004
863 posts
91 upvotes
Great grinder, good deal. A few months ago I moved to this versus the built in grinder in my breville express. I'm not an expert at all, just getting into this. The pro reviewers say this grinder isn't really good enough for espresso, but in the real world I have been enjoying shots ground with this little guy.

I had trouble dialing in for the last two years, but now with this I can use the non-pressurized baskets no problem. Everything tastes much better now, would take this and a bambino or even better this and a gaggia classic over the all in one barista express.

I think you would have to move up to a $300 grinder for a bit of a difference and a $600+ for a very noticeable difference. For about a bill this is fantastic. Can be modified to stepless or add steps as well, but too much work for me at this time.

For anyone wanting to get into espresso on the cheap, get this and a 15 bar machine with non-pressurized baskets and enjoy a huge step up from drip coffee... I heard it a million times before but never believed it until I started to do the work... the grinder is more important than the machine. Really.
Last edited by doublejack on Apr 1st, 2021 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 16, 2004
863 posts
91 upvotes
Oh ya, BTW, the breville smart grinder pro currently on sale at the bay would be a better starter grinder as far as I can tell. Better than the built in breville grinder, and really worth the extra money if you are switching between methods, like pourover and French press. But for espresso and for and amateur like me, I suspect this capresso gives similar results for half the price. Just no bells and whistles.
Dec 13, 2006
638 posts
543 upvotes
Vancouver
when it comes to espresso, you should be spending your hard earned money on the grinder. The machine does 2 things, heats up the water and pumps it out. There are no adjustments except time. If you want something nice splurge on the better grinder and keep the old machine. You wan a consistent grind that you can go from.

Its not everyones cup of tea but thats where the stands. its like getting a $150 walmart blender instead of going for the Blentec/vitamix
Aug 12, 2011
232 posts
119 upvotes
NORTH YORK
price down to 92.85 but 9.99 added shipping
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
7759 posts
932 upvotes
Toronto
For those wanting espresso fine grind, it seems the "minimum" model to start with for better consistency is the Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder.
It's $200 normally for it.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1678 posts
972 upvotes
Center of the univer…
gardener28 wrote: Not good review:
https://www.techgearlab.com/reviews/kit ... o-infinity

and not consistent:
i have the newer version of this and its been pretty consistent (been using it for the past year)

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/p ... randId=252

usually you can use the 20% off coupon with this. i picked it up for 103.99 a year ago

Order Summary
Order Subtotal $129.99
Discount(s) Applied $26.00
Shipping FREE
Tax $13.52
Total $117.51
Deal Addict
May 20, 2009
1393 posts
943 upvotes
Mississauga
awais wrote: i have the newer version of this and its been pretty consistent (been using it for the past year)

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/p ... randId=252

usually you can use the 20% off coupon with this. i picked it up for 103.99 a year ago

Order Summary
Order Subtotal $129.99
Discount(s) Applied $26.00
Shipping FREE
Tax $13.52
Total $117.51
Good to know, that is definitely good price.
Another review comparing this with baratza encore

In result, encore is slightly more consistent (mentioned in one of the settings), wider range (from finer to coarser). I personally like encore better as a backup grinder, for things beside espresso,
PM $13/30 days, 250MB with unlimited incoming/30d