[Amazon.ca] Casio A158WA-9 Casio Silver & Camel Digital Watch - $23.10

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2021 11:18 pm
[OP]
Sep 14, 2020
6 posts
8 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Casio A158WA-9 Casio Silver & Camel Digital Watch - $23.10

If you missed the deal on the GWM5610-1.

Not as good.

Interesting Look.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B005JV ... UTF8&psc=1

9 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2007
1032 posts
1647 upvotes
St. Albert, AB
Oh wow. Umm, not a fan of that colour combo at all ...
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1467 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
stony wrote: Oh wow. Umm, not a fan of that colour combo at all ...
I actually like it. Thanks OP!
Feb 11, 2016
397 posts
273 upvotes
If it a metal case, I would buy it. There are a few metal cased Casio watches released recently, but they look feminine Face With Rolling Eyes

Waiting for Casio to release more metal cased digital watches
Sep 1, 2019
25 posts
9 upvotes
I have this watch with different colors and it is extremely comfortable. That’s pretty much it. Pressing and holding the button for the light is difficult. The light is horrible and doesn’t help much. Has the same controls than all watches for the 80’s. It makes you miss touchscreens and you will end up setting your alarm on your phone. Great for a cute gift. I use it when do exams when cell phones are not allowed. Good night.
Dec 2, 2016
229 posts
235 upvotes
This in all-silver is my daily driver. Tempted, but hard to justify another so similar. Great straight-forward watch though.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5692 posts
2260 upvotes
Debtario
Really wish they upgraded these to a metal case with a better contrast screen and decent EL backlight, it would really elevate the quality.

It's silly how in 2021 they still use that terrible weak little LED off to the side and call it a backlight. I still remember the first digital watch I got as a kid (still got it, and it still works) had that backlight, when I saw a Timex indiglo I was totally blown away.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5215 posts
4344 upvotes
Toronto
Metal watch wrist bands can get really cold if you are outside during winter for any extended time.