Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Casio G-Shock Solar + Atomic Watch (Model #GWM5610-1) - $118.14

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2021 4:09 pm
Feb 2, 2015
824 posts
442 upvotes
dingoz wrote: Can you tell the manufacturing year?
There is a batch code at the bottom of the watch which you can go to this website to find the year, https://serial-number-decoder.co.uk/casio/casio.htm, the response is pretty ambiguous though...for mine this is what I had:

21 October 2010 or 2020

There is also this chart if you don't want to go to another rando website: https://www.watchuseek.com/attachments/ ... .12781831/

That's quite a huge difference if you ask me :)
Dec 8, 2010
174 posts
196 upvotes
British Columbia
Hmmm, too bad JaysAndKays don't ship to Canada. No other source for metal adapters for this watch? Just received mine from Amazon. But I prefer NATO straps to the plasticky OEM straps.
AvroeArrow wrote: You can buy the official OEM Casio NATO adapters (part # 91041910487) from PacParts.com (US) or tiktox.com (UK). It will fit 24mm NATO/Zulu 1-piece straps. Shipping costs jack the price up to almost $30 CAD though. You can probably find knock offs of these adapters for cheaper elsewhere. Note that these adapters are fixed angle and don't flex so depending on the geometry of your wrist, the watch may sit high off your wrist. If you want to go premium, you can buy JaysAndKays 16mm-Lug Small Profile 20mm metal adapters from eBay. It's about $50 CAD shipped. These adapters are far superior to the OEM ones. They are lower profile and will fit any 20mm watch strap or metal bracelet since it has 20mm standard springbar mounts. The 20mm version looks like a factory part. The 22mm version sticks out the side a bit so it doesn't look as stock. I have both the OEM & JaysandKays adapters. For me, the J&K adapters are definitely worth the extra price if you like to swap straps often.
Dec 11, 2009
465 posts
417 upvotes
New Westminster
Mine had the same discoloration on the back, in exactly the same spots. It's because they don't put any protective backing on the case back to protect it from the black plastic display holder. It looks like some plastic rubbed off onto the case back. I'm not worried about it. I'm certain it will rub off onto my wrist with some sweat! It's stainless steel, which will win in a fight against plastic!
Feb 2, 2015
824 posts
442 upvotes
dingoz wrote: Based on this site. The model is released in 2011, it must be made in 2020. https://shockbase.org/watches/subseries ... modul=3159
derekmcl wrote: Mine had the same discoloration on the back, in exactly the same spots. It's because they don't put any protective backing on the case back to protect it from the black plastic display holder. It looks like some plastic rubbed off onto the case back. I'm not worried about it. I'm certain it will rub off onto my wrist with some sweat! It's stainless steel, which will win in a fight against plastic!

That makes me feel better :)
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2591 posts
638 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
There is one for $102.78 by Warehouse Deal, which saves HST basically.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1918 posts
1389 upvotes
GTA
Im tracking my package and it originated from MI, US. Anyone else similar to this?
Pixel 6a combo -
$8 talk text PM plan
$0 4GB eSIM data only plan
$1 voip backup line
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2003
1161 posts
443 upvotes
Toronto
spammy wrote: Received mine!

1. Box was pretty beat-up (please see attached)

also some dark spots at the back of the watch (where the last two letters in MULTI and also at the model numbers), I even tried to clean them with an alcohol wipe to no avail:

there is no transparent film on the front side too which I normally thought new watches should have. Almost thought it was a returned/used piece, so packaging isn't really the best.

2. Battery status was H when I got it, so hopefully it has not been in the warehouse for too long. The last time it synced was on Dec 27 at 2am (so may be one of the automatic sync while in the trucks).

3. Watch is very light, almost feel like nothing on my wrist, I spend a lot of times on my keyboard daily, and in the past it was always my biggest things against wearing any watch all the time.

4. Manual atomic clock sync worked 1/4 times I tried, but I live in a crowded neighbourhood and one instruction I found online really helped me was DO NOT touch the watch when it is syncing...like literally don't move it at all, I put it next to the window first before even press the D button to trigger manual sync.

5. Buttons is a little less responsive than I'd like, partly because it is between the plastic pieces and I have pretty fat fingers, but it would be good to prevent accidentally activating the buttons when I bend my wrist.
I can't see your pics for some reason, but same. I have black marks on the "LT" in Multi, and part of the model number. Also, no protective films. The box was a bit beat up. Manual time sync isn't working yet, but I know it can be finicky. The watch is smaller than I expected. Overall though, I think it's a good price regardless.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1918 posts
1389 upvotes
GTA
Got my package today and box is beatup too! Amazon just put it in a brown envelope not even a bubble mailer! And this came from Mi, US so apparently it got squished squashed along the way.

I am expecting a tin can where the watch will be, but its just a beatup casio gshock box and the watch. Is this how its supposed to be? My kids 5600 came in a tin can and my protrek also came in a tin can, so not sure if this is the standard packaging now - just a box.

No film protector but no dark / black spots on the back either.
Images
  • PXL_20210125_195322141.jpg
Pixel 6a combo -
$8 talk text PM plan
$1 voip backup line
Dec 27, 2006
384 posts
251 upvotes
Vancouver
notrub604 wrote: Hmmm, too bad JaysAndKays don't ship to Canada. No other source for metal adapters for this watch? Just received mine from Amazon. But I prefer NATO straps to the plasticky OEM straps.
They still did when I wrote my post, that's how I got the shipped cost. Odd that they suddenly stopped shipping to Canada. You can message them on eBay and ask why. I think there were clones of these metal adapters on aliexpress but they were definitely not as good as the real ones according to people on the g-shock reddit. If all you want is to use NATO straps then the OEM plastic adapters or their clones will suffice. It's just that if you wrist is somewhat wide and flat, the watch will ride high off your wrist because the fixed angle adapters creates an arch that if it doesn't conform to the shape of your wrist it will never sit flat against the flat of your wrist. It will always sit tilted. That's what annoyed me and made me buy the J&K adapters.

Here's a pic of mine with the OEM (w/black/red Zulu strap) and J&K adapters (w/Maratac black/red composite strap).

https://imgur.com/Oj0SVG8

https://imgur.com/guXK2Mn
Dec 8, 2010
174 posts
196 upvotes
British Columbia
AvroeArrow wrote: They still did when I wrote my post, that's how I got the shipped cost. Odd that they suddenly stopped shipping to Canada. You can message them on eBay and ask why. I think there were clones of these metal adapters on aliexpress but they were definitely not as good as the real ones according to people on the g-shock reddit. If all you want is to use NATO straps then the OEM plastic adapters or their clones will suffice. It's just that if you wrist is somewhat wide and flat, the watch will ride high off your wrist because the fixed angle adapters creates an arch that if it doesn't conform to the shape of your wrist it will never sit flat against the flat of your wrist. It will always sit tilted. That's what annoyed me and made me buy the J&K adapters.

Here's a pic of mine with the OEM (w/black/red Zulu strap) and J&K adapters (w/Maratac black/red composite strap).

https://imgur.com/Oj0SVG8
https://imgur.com/guXK2Mn

Oh yah, the J&K adapters looks much better and I'm sure they will fit my wrist. I'll see if they can still ship to Canada. For active wear, I really much prefer the NATO straps. Cheap, light, many colours and designs to choose from, and I can swap them quick and easily with my other watches. Thanks for the pics!
Mar 11, 2013
811 posts
812 upvotes
Brampton
ryanrudolf wrote: Im tracking my package and it originated from MI, US. Anyone else similar to this?
Mine is being shipped from MI, US as well. Expected to be delivered by tomorrow.
ryanrudolf wrote: Got my package today and box is beatup too! Amazon just put it in a brown envelope not even a bubble mailer! And this came from Mi, US so apparently it got squished squashed along the way.

I am expecting a tin can where the watch will be, but its just a beatup casio gshock box and the watch. Is this how its supposed to be? My kids 5600 came in a tin can and my protrek also came in a tin can, so not sure if this is the standard packaging now - just a box.

No film protector but no dark / black spots on the back either.
Amazon has been shipping watches in brown envelope for a while. My last 2 watches were delivered like that.
Thankfully Seiko's watch boxes were stronger.
Hopefully Casio holds.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1918 posts
1389 upvotes
GTA
duraikmurugan wrote: Mine is being shipped from MI, US as well. Expected to be delivered by tomorrow.

Amazon has been shipping watches in brown envelope for a while. My last 2 watches were delivered like that.
Thankfully Seiko's watch boxes were stronger.
Hopefully Casio holds.
Ok thanks for the feedback. I just find it strange why they will do that. I'll ask customer service maybe they can compensate a bit as this will be a gift
Pixel 6a combo -
$8 talk text PM plan
$1 voip backup line
Feb 13, 2019
24 posts
16 upvotes
deezz wrote: Dammit, I had been waiting ages for it to come back down to this price range again, but ultimately got too impatient lol, and bought it at $140 from Amazon back in July to use to modify into its much more expensive newer version. This is an amazing price!

It's the best model to use the module as a base to modify into their higher end finished GWM-B5000, using kits from the Ali place that include the bracelet and the face, which I'm assuming aren't allowed to be linked. But yeah, you can turn it into this watch very easily: https://world.g-shock.com/asia-mea/en/p ... gmw-b5000/
Of course, it won't have the Bluetooth and the brick pattern on the face, but I never use the Bluetooth, and that red stripe running around the face is a classic look in its own right :)

I have a the OEM GMW-B5000 in silver and I LOVE it. The heft and weight of it feel awesome, and it is a beast. Have gone cliff jumping with it (although you probably shouldn't lol) and had no problems :)

I love this watch for the module because, as others have mentioned, the combination of Atomic Sync and Solar power is like, the grail for quartz watches for me. You can't beat it to use as the base to get the aftermarket kit, which I did in a camo finish just for the times when I'm going to be doing even more hardcore stuff and don't want to get the beautiful silver bracelet and finishing all dinged up. It works like a charm, and honestly, in terms of weight and feel, it's like 90% there. Quality of the aftermarket kit is quite good.

Highly recommended and upvoted OP :)
I'm kind of turned off by the red frame or I would have bought it long time ago. The red doesn't seem to go well with the metal case mod.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1918 posts
1389 upvotes
GTA
Pulled the trigger for a metal mod! Thanks OP and @deezz !

This will be my beater watch and keep my titanium protrek in good shape.
Pixel 6a combo -
$8 talk text PM plan
$1 voip backup line
Mar 11, 2013
811 posts
812 upvotes
Brampton
spammy wrote: Received mine!

1. Box was pretty beat-up (please see attached)

also some dark spots at the back of the watch (where the last two letters in MULTI and also at the model numbers), I even tried to clean them with an alcohol wipe to no avail:

there is no transparent film on the front side too which I normally thought new watches should have. Almost thought it was a returned/used piece, so packaging isn't really the best.

2. Battery status was H when I got it, so hopefully it has not been in the warehouse for too long. The last time it synced was on Dec 27 at 2am (so may be one of the automatic sync while in the trucks).

3. Watch is very light, almost feel like nothing on my wrist, I spend a lot of times on my keyboard daily, and in the past it was always my biggest things against wearing any watch all the time.

4. Manual atomic clock sync worked 1/4 times I tried, but I live in a crowded neighbourhood and one instruction I found online really helped me was DO NOT touch the watch when it is syncing...like literally don't move it at all, I put it next to the window first before even press the D button to trigger manual sync.

5. Buttons is a little less responsive than I'd like, partly because it is between the plastic pieces and I have pretty fat fingers, but it would be good to prevent accidentally activating the buttons when I bend my wrist.
derekmcl wrote: Mine had the same discoloration on the back, in exactly the same spots. It's because they don't put any protective backing on the case back to protect it from the black plastic display holder. It looks like some plastic rubbed off onto the case back. I'm not worried about it. I'm certain it will rub off onto my wrist with some sweat! It's stainless steel, which will win in a fight against plastic!
I received mine today. Came in brown envelope. Thankfully the cardboard watch box wasn't damaged /crushed.
The watch did not have any protective film on either side. I had black spots too.
There were line marks indicating the presence of a protective film which was removed. I assume that the black spots were a result of residual glue.
Jun 29, 2009
288 posts
132 upvotes
Edmonton
Do they have a similar model that's made in Japan? The reason I ask is because the one I bought for my dad when I visited the country, and it does mention Made in Japan on the back. And it had a 1J in the code.
Otherwise, it looks like an identical watch to this one.

Just trying to understand if production for the Japanese market is domestic, while for International they come out of Thailand.
Does anyone know?

I'm getting mine tomorrow. Ordered at the tail end of the deal, before it climbed back up to $146. 2-day shipping, so doesn't look like mine is coming from the States. Hopefully my box isn't beat up.
Sep 9, 2003
509 posts
19 upvotes
Vancouver
cha0tik wrote: Do they have a similar model that's made in Japan? The reason I ask is because the one I bought for my dad when I visited the country, and it does mention Made in Japan on the back. And it had a 1J in the code.
Otherwise, it looks like an identical watch to this one.

Just trying to understand if production for the Japanese market is domestic, while for International they come out of Thailand.
Does anyone know?
There is a -1JF version but it should be the same has the -1 just with different packaging. There is also a -1ER version which if you look on Amazon is Made in China? (I'm guessing wrong picture) to make things more confusing lol.
The only true Made in Japan square that's similar the the M5610 off the top of my head is the GW-5000-1JF.