Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Casio Men's Black Analog Anti Reverse Bezel Watch (MDV106-1A) - $65.95

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2018 12:35 am
[OP]
Sep 28, 2016
121 posts
101 upvotes
West Canada

[Amazon.ca] Casio Men's Black Analog Anti Reverse Bezel Watch (MDV106-1A) - $65.95

Great watch with a great price for those who are looking for a diver's watch or just a tool watch in genera.
Last edited by TukangFikir on Feb 20th, 2018 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
Amat Victoria Curam
10 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
2272 posts
841 upvotes
Toronto
It's been about this price for a while now.

This is the perfect watch to bring on vacation. Replace the strap with a NATO and you're set. I only got rid of mine because at 44mm it was too big for my slim wrists.
15+ Years of 100% Positive Feedback

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
Nov 24, 2013
223 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
I have this watch right now. This is the only sub $100 diver watch that you can get from a reputable brand like Casio. One drawback is that its quartz, but you cant expect much at this price range. Really good price and it looks good. Thankfully i got mine in a barely used condition at $55 all in.

Btw OP, the commonly called name for this watch is Duro. Up to you if you wanna update it on the title.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8275 posts
1835 upvotes
Toronto
The MDV-106 is a very good watch, but $65.95 is the regular ongoing price. It did hit a super low of ~$40 on amazon.ca not too long ago, but I think that was a freak occurrence and it will be a while before it dips that low again.
Nov 20, 2011
61 posts
85 upvotes
CALGARY
jankay wrote: I have this watch right now. This is the only sub $100 diver watch that you can get from a reputable brand like Casio. One drawback is that its quartz, but you cant expect much at this price range. Really good price and it looks good. Thankfully i got mine in a barely used condition at $55 all in.
It's a matter of perspective. Quartz = Greater accuracy & reliability and lower maintenance cost, vs Automatics which are costlier, not as accurate and much higher maintenance costs.

I agree that Automatics have a much higher degree of sophistication, but at a sub $100 price range, which this watch is at, and for most causal watch enthusiasts, there's nothing wrong with a Quartz timepiece.

Additional Reading for watch fans on Quartz vs Automatics
https://ca.christopherward.com/blog/qua ... automatic/
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/quartz ... 42425.html
Jan 14, 2007
940 posts
467 upvotes
Toronto
appleb wrote: The MDV-106 is a very good watch, but $65.95 is the regular ongoing price. It did hit a super low of ~$40 on amazon.ca not too long ago, but I think that was a freak occurrence and it will be a while before it dips that low again.
I bought it when it was around $40, that was early Nov 19/17.
Jun 24, 2009
86 posts
36 upvotes
toronto
feels like a brick but it's cheap.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
1205 posts
970 upvotes
Not a hot price... Would buy another one if it dips to $40-50 again.
May 28, 2006
789 posts
507 upvotes
appleb wrote: The MDV-106 is a very good watch, but $65.95 is the regular ongoing price. It did hit a super low of ~$40 on amazon.ca not too long ago, but I think that was a freak occurrence and it will be a while before it dips that low again.
Yeah I bought it near that all time low, the US has it regularly cheap in their stores and online. This one gets the old Canadian price bump though and is $20 more (after FX) all the time. If you travel to the States a lot and want this watch that's the time to get it.

Regular price looks like it's $50 CAD on Amazon.COM, when on sale they can go for ~$30-40CAD at places like Target or Amazon sales.