Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Cast Iron Shallow Concave Wok, Black, 12 inch, Wide Handles - by Utopia Kitchen - $19.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2018 12:34 pm
Aug 16, 2009
716 posts
587 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Cast Iron Shallow Concave Wok, Black, 12 inch, Wide Handles - by Utopia Kitchen - $19.99

Cast Iron Shallow Concave Wok, Black, 12 inch, Wide Handles - by Utopia Kitchen
- CCC says it's the lowest price ever
- Great cast iron wok, I love mine
Last edited by Dandada on Jul 26th, 2018 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
55 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2009
3741 posts
3571 upvotes
Been discussed here before, its garbage, avoid.
"Frank Burns eats worms"
Nov 5, 2009
596 posts
237 upvotes
GTA
r-ice wrote: What makes it terrible?
Made in China although manufacturer claims it is Lead-Free.
Mar 22, 2009
129 posts
61 upvotes
it's got damn good reviews though. 4.4/5 on amazon.
May 29, 2015
189 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto, ON
a 12 inch wide wok? that seems too small for a wok.... am i missing something here?
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2018
1173 posts
759 upvotes
MotorN wrote: Made in China although manufacturer claims it is Lead-Free.
So the logic is because it's made in Chima, so the claim must be faked, it contains lead and possibly made of lead :p

But given the price, I would manage my expectation.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2316 posts
1091 upvotes
Lost old wok in a move, how can a wok be 12 inches in diameter??? defeats the purpose of woks to not spill food all over the stove. Any recommendations on Amazon for a large good wok?

I was in China b4 and ate unknowingly from a Wok that had lead for almost 10 months, made my skin turn a greenish/yellow color. freaky
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2008
7140 posts
3513 upvotes
astrotrain wrote: Lost old wok in a move, how can a wok be 12 inches in diameter??? defeats the purpose of woks to not spill food all over the stove. Any recommendations on Amazon for a large good wok?

I was in China b4 and ate unknowingly from a Wok that had lead for almost 10 months, made my skin turn a greenish/yellow color. freaky
how did you find out it had lead?
Sep 23, 2010
82 posts
54 upvotes
Ça va?
astrotrain wrote: Lost old wok in a move, how can a wok be 12 inches in diameter??? defeats the purpose of woks to not spill food all over the stove. Any recommendations on Amazon for a large good wok?

AmaonBasics wok looks promising but it's $52...
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4615 posts
3080 upvotes

atleast you didn't die from lead poisoning. first you lose all your hair, nails, and teeth.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
3427 posts
196 upvotes
If you want a good cheap carbon wok, check out the ones at the Costco Business Centre at Warren and Eglinton. I forgot the price, but it was pretty cheap.
The RFD Doctrine
Toronto : Anywhere west of Montreal and east of Calgary.
Scarborough: Anywhere becomes Scarborough if it's a thread about crime.
Google: RFD is faster than Google. Make a thread if you need to find out what bus to take.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7675 posts
10976 upvotes
Scarbs
mishky wrote: AmaonBasics wok looks promising but it's $52...
Had no idea the amazonbasics line had woks lol
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2007
1247 posts
521 upvotes
Calgary
I had this for 1 week a few years ago. It is WAY too small. If you have 1 to 2 people maybe. And it is way too heavy to "pao" wok.
also because of the angle. You can't really stirfry properly without getting things everywhere. I hated it and returned it after a week. Also, the lead issue was another concern I found out about after on cast iron from China.

I am so glad after I just went all out and bought a Yamada hand hammered wok from Japan. It is soooo good.
Jul 19, 2018
22 posts
77 upvotes
For people who said so many bad things about wok made in China. Just so you know China invented wok and Chinese been using woks made in China forever.
Aug 29, 2007
345 posts
159 upvotes
Guey1988 wrote: For people who said so many bad things about wok made in China. Just so you know China invented wok and Chinese been using woks made in China forever.
Yet, that doesn't make Chinese made woks great by today's standards. I'm sure there are good woks made in China, I just don't know where to buy them and I'd be very skeptical of a 19.99 wok.
Aug 29, 2007
345 posts
159 upvotes
frostiex wrote: I had this for 1 week a few years ago. It is WAY too small. If you have 1 to 2 people maybe. And it is way too heavy to "pao" wok.
also because of the angle. You can't really stirfry properly without getting things everywhere. I hated it and returned it after a week. Also, the lead issue was another concern I found out about after on cast iron from China.

I am so glad after I just went all out and bought a Yamada hand hammered wok from Japan. It is soooo good.
Where did you get the Yamada wok?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2008
7140 posts
3513 upvotes
Guey1988 wrote: For people who said so many bad things about wok made in China. Just so you know China invented wok and Chinese been using woks made in China forever.
totally agree that not all woks from china are bad.

But just because they invented them, it doesn't really mean much.
Mass produced cars were invented in America and well.... let's just say they are not best in the world by any means

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)