Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Catit 3L Flower Fountain for cats - $31.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2019 11:55 pm
Oct 3, 2016
423 posts
697 upvotes
Hamilton, ON

[Amazon.ca] Catit 3L Flower Fountain for cats - $31.99

Not a screaming hot price, but a good few dollars saved if anyone has been looking at getting on of these for your feline family members.
Link

Happy shopping!
27 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2003
5496 posts
2323 upvotes
I have one of these. Was great until my cat figured out how to rip it apart! Now we can only use as a normal dish.
Oct 7, 2017
663 posts
848 upvotes
$32 for a things from which cat drinks water? I paid half of that to neuter him. What happened to regular small bowl... or better yet find your own water - cat!
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2906 posts
3043 upvotes
Toronto
Pupsik27 wrote: $32 for a things from which cat drinks water? I paid half of that to neuter him. What happened to regular small bowl... or better yet find your own water - cat!
From what I read, cats normally prefer running water, as they look to stale water to be unsafe (especially if close to their food);
Cats still have lots of similarity to their "jungle" big counter parties, but the way they eat isn't quite one of them. Most of the water they get from their food (fish, birds, ...) so it's also recommended using methods to stimulate them do drink more water to avoid kidney issues.

If your cat drink plenty of water from a regular bowl or find other ways (like from a faucet, nearby stream...), great! Save yourself those $32 and carry on. Maybe get him a treat instead :) - If not, $32 might actually be a cheap investment.

edit: on a side note - if you get a free shipping code form primecables/123ink/living basics, this one seems very similar, for $24
https://www.living.ca/p-375083-lb-pct-p ... water-bowl
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Mar 10, 2017
28 posts
58 upvotes
I bought this a couple years ago. My cats don’t drink from it when the flower is in place.

The filter needs to be replaced every few months as well.

However the little pump inside it is starting to die and is making a decently gnarly sound. Gotta find out how much a replacement would be.
Aug 4, 2016
26 posts
35 upvotes
quebec city
And most cats, from what I read and my vet seemed to confirm, actually die from renal failure before they do of ''old age''. Any ways to get them to drink more should be emphasized :)
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21213 posts
6983 upvotes
GTA
I used to have one as well, but one of my cats only drinks water by putting her paw in it, and licking water off her paws. The other cat licks it normally.

I've since stopped giving them water at all for the past few years, I just add water to their food.
Oct 26, 2010
918 posts
1312 upvotes
I have the catit and this one. My cat and kittens much prefer the later one.

It's not as 'brand named" as catit, but the design and noise level is actually better.

As a few of RFDer already mentioned, using a water fountain will help increase water intake, which is very important for cats. One dose of kidney med costs almost the same as the water fountain, so I wouldn't mind investing in this at all. Also, if your water is already filtered, you don't even need the filter inside.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
9312 posts
6333 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought this one and my cats refused to use it. Also you have to change the filters on this. My cats refuse to drink water so like coriolis I just add it directly to their food
Dec 5, 2011
579 posts
495 upvotes
Toronto
You might still need a filter because the cat will contaminate the water with its saliva. I got the square version and my cat likes it, I buy the filters off ebay for like under $1 each and I replace them and wipe down the dish every 3 weeks or so.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
3960 posts
4703 upvotes
Victoria
Good price

Good product

Monthly filter change is recommended. I try stretching it to two months, but it's pretty gross by then. Every 6 weeks should be okay. It's easy to clean, the pump sometimes gets noisy, but overall I'm happy with the product. My cat uses it, though as @coriolis mentioned, he often dips (smacks) his paw in and licks, rather than drinking directly from the bowl.
Aug 31, 2009
819 posts
582 upvotes
Toronto
Pupsik27 wrote: $32 for a things from which cat drinks water? I paid half of that to neuter him. What happened to regular small bowl... or better yet find your own water - cat!
these are not for everyone. just like some people choose to buy $70 Orijen cat food. Some people choose to buy $20 purina or whiskas. especially these health and wellness items are totally optional.
some cats especially male cats dont like to drink water. if crystal develops you are looking to spend $1000 to get it out. you can use a regular bowl thats fine. no one is forcing you to buy a drinking fountain for your cat
Last edited by cdfegab on Oct 10th, 2019 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2019
1041 posts
1292 upvotes
LOL@ Your Angry Inch…
Be sure to strip down everthing Wash, Rinse, Sterilise, Rinse, Air Dry regularly.
Figure out how to open up pump and clean with cotton swabs as crap accumulates inside.
U still have to pay for goods/services U agreed to — even if U did so only unconsciously.
A Visa Canada survey of web shoppers, 1 in 4 said they read all the online text. 50% skimmed it & 27% Read Nothing at all before accepting a tainted offer.
May 27, 2017
124 posts
104 upvotes
Also available at Petsmart for the same price if you have any rewards deals there.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
4585 posts
1650 upvotes
Brampton
Mine often drink from the toilet rather than their water bowls. Would this help?
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Jan 6, 2005
131 posts
156 upvotes
Montreal
Tha DraGun wrote: I have one of these. Was great until my cat figured out how to rip it apart! Now we can only use as a normal dish.
Same, mine would not leave the thing alone!
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2010
1726 posts
5252 upvotes
Montreal
prod wrote: Mine often drink from the toilet rather than their water bowls. Would this help?
You'll need to close the seat cover when the toilet is not in use or close the washroom door when not in use.
Probably set the fountain near the toilet or outside of the washroom and your cat should realize it's a source of water.
Then i suppose you can slowly move it towards the area you prefer to have the fountain.
At least I think that would be the ideal transition for your cat.

I own a fountain and did have a cat that would come to the sink whenever I was in the washroom as it knew I would turn it on to clean up eventually.
I suppose the water direct from tap would taste better than water that sits around in the fountain, especially since my fountain is quite old and hair and stuff eventually obstructs the water flow requiring you to clean it out.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18402 posts
9704 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Just what I've been looking for!

Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2415 posts
1190 upvotes
Vancouver
My cat surely destroy after I bought this
Thanks op
Oct 14, 2013
542 posts
387 upvotes
coriolis wrote: I used to have one as well, but one of my cats only drinks water by putting her paw in it, and licking water off her paws. The other cat licks it normally.

I've since stopped giving them water at all for the past few years, I just add water to their food.
My cat does that too! He used to drink water out of my glass like that. Needless to say I’ve never left a glass of water unattended since.