Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Centrum prenatal Multivitamin/DHA SoftGel, Folic Acid 19$ (Lowest on Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2019 4:34 pm
Jun 25, 2012
266 posts
380 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon.ca] Centrum prenatal Multivitamin/DHA SoftGel, Folic Acid 19$ (Lowest on Amazon)

I've been starting to look at these.
I saw the Kirkland brand is a good price for Folic Acid, but this one includes the DHA complement.

I wanted to share as it's lowest price according to Cax3.

First time looking at these supplements, anywhere else to check? Other pills/brands?
3 replies
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
1358 posts
1343 upvotes
Just FYI, Sobeys Pharmacy offers free prenatal vitamins (just the regular non-DHA tablets). Although not all Sobeys have pharmacies so it might not be convenient for everyone.

Looks like this package contains the regular tablet + DHA softgel separately anyways so I'm pretty sure if you can get the free ones @ Sobeys, it'll be cheaper just to buy the omega-3 softgels separately. (Or if you're getting enough fish in your diet anyways you don't need the DHA component.)
Jun 25, 2012
266 posts
380 upvotes
Montreal
jk9088 wrote: Just FYI, Sobeys Pharmacy offers free prenatal vitamins (just the regular non-DHA tablets). Although not all Sobeys have pharmacies so it might not be convenient for everyone.

Looks like this package contains the regular tablet + DHA softgel separately anyways so I'm pretty sure if you can get the free ones @ Sobeys, it'll be cheaper just to buy the omega-3 softgels separately. (Or if you're getting enough fish in your diet anyways you don't need the DHA component.)
Thanks a lot! Good to know.
No Sobeys in Qc province though.

My wife was suggested this brand by friends, but she would agree at something else if she would get the same vitamins/supplements, I just need to spend some time and read the labels.
It's hard to guess what we need with all that marketing and fancy brands making prenatal pills, we're far from a fast food diet, but when it comes to babies, better safe than sorry.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
1358 posts
1343 upvotes
AlbertIshnoo wrote: Thanks a lot! Good to know.
No Sobeys in Qc province though.

My wife was suggested this brand by friends, but she would agree at something else if she would get the same vitamins/supplements, I just need to spend some time and read the labels.
It's hard to guess what we need with all that marketing and fancy brands making prenatal pills, we're far from a fast food diet, but when it comes to babies, better safe than sorry.
Oh, I didn't know they don't have Sobeys in Quebec--that's too bad. All the brands are basically the same, the main difference is some have the additional DHA like this one. Otherwise, the vitamins/minerals might have slight differences in quantities but it's honestly negligible so I'd go with the cheapest one. The other thing to consider though is lots of women get very nauseous and cannot stomach big pills (I personally couldn't keep it down earlier in my pregnancy), so in that case chewables/gummies are a good option (they usually contain less nutrients than the regular tablets, but have the most important one i.e. folic acid, and of course it's better to get some down than not being able to stomach anything at all).

Personally I try to take my regular prenatal everyday (although admittedly I've definitely missed ones on days I felt really sick), + a vitamin D/calcium combo (I know I don't eat enough dairy), + an omega-3 occasionally (I have been trying to increase the amount of healthy seafood in my diet). I know some women need additional iron too but my bloodwork came back with my iron at a good level so I don't need that.

There's also a prescription-strength prenatal vitamin with additional nutrients (mostly folic acid 5mg), which some women require but the doctor will tell you if the higher amount is needed.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)