[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
1161 posts
98 upvotes
Waterloo, ON

[Amazon.ca] Chamberlain 940EV Garage Keyless Entry -- $40.83

Hey all,

I m in need for a replacement garage door remote. And apparently this can control multiple garage door. And according to CCC, this is the lowest price ever.

NOTE: Remember to pick amazon.ca as the seller for better protection.
30 replies
Oct 6, 2018
233 posts
254 upvotes
7865875 wrote: Just dropped to 30.97
That's a 3rd party seller price. Amazon has it for $40.
Dec 12, 2004
965 posts
335 upvotes
why is it called keyless when clearly it has a keypad :)
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
19139 posts
1638 upvotes
I got one of these previously and could not for the life of me get it paired with my Liftmaster. It simply didn't work.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4724 posts
1250 upvotes
brunes wrote: I got one of these previously and could not for the life of me get it paired with my Liftmaster. It simply didn't work.
+1, I purchased this exact unit and it only works 1 out of 10 times, if I'm lucky. Liftmaster as well
Sep 24, 2018
81 posts
133 upvotes
Remember to put in a Lithium 9V. I had issues with regular batteries not working because it was too cold.
Dec 5, 2018
187 posts
183 upvotes
Montreal
I used velcro to put it outside (I didn't want to drill the wall) and it holds well.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2011
1385 posts
1091 upvotes
Pallet Town
If this is the same as the standard ones that come with the opener, then I haven't had much luck with mine. Seems to open the door fine, but is really bad at closing it. 1/10 times it works. Had to resort to putting the car clip just inside the door so I can close it that way
Sep 8, 2010
47 posts
84 upvotes
Calgary
Even thou I am a prime member, the problem with ordering on Amazon these days, is theyre giving me a 30 day delivery timeline, anyone else having that issue?
Jan 20, 2007
298 posts
57 upvotes
Montreal
vuongt wrote: Remember to put in a Lithium 9V. I had issues with regular batteries not working because it was too cold.
Cannot stress this enough... regular alk batteries are useless once temps are below -5*C; lithium battery, no probs even at -25*C.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
1945 posts
596 upvotes
Mississauga
infamy_ wrote: Even thou I am a prime member, the problem with ordering on Amazon these days, is theyre giving me a 30 day delivery timeline, anyone else having that issue?
Yes.. they 're prioritizing essential shipments.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4724 posts
1250 upvotes
infamy_ wrote: Even thou I am a prime member, the problem with ordering on Amazon these days, is theyre giving me a 30 day delivery timeline, anyone else having that issue?
TLSRULZ wrote: Yes.. they 're prioritizing essential shipments.
I've made 5+ orders in the last couple weeks, they all gave an estimate of one month+ but they were all shipped within a week, some within 2 days.

The long date is just a placeholder because, yes, they are prioritizing essentials but they will ship other things if they're able to.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4724 posts
1250 upvotes
vuongt wrote: Remember to put in a Lithium 9V. I had issues with regular batteries not working because it was too cold.
I'll have to try and see if it makes a difference, I got so frustrated with mine I stopped trying
Feb 26, 2018
83 posts
51 upvotes
w01f wrote: Cannot stress this enough... regular alk batteries are useless once temps are below -5*C; lithium battery, no probs even at -25*C.
I've had an AliExpress regular 9v battery in for the last 4 years without issue :shrug:

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)