[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
1176 posts
142 upvotes
Waterloo, ON

[Amazon.ca] Chamberlain 940EV Garage Keyless Entry -- $40.83

Hey all,

I m in need for a replacement garage door remote. And apparently this can control multiple garage door. And according to CCC, this is the lowest price ever.

NOTE: Remember to pick amazon.ca as the seller for better protection.
30 replies
Oct 6, 2018
364 posts
483 upvotes
7865875 wrote: Just dropped to 30.97
That's a 3rd party seller price. Amazon has it for $40.
Dec 12, 2004
978 posts
367 upvotes
why is it called keyless when clearly it has a keypad :)
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
19264 posts
1750 upvotes
I got one of these previously and could not for the life of me get it paired with my Liftmaster. It simply didn't work.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5188 posts
1774 upvotes
brunes wrote: I got one of these previously and could not for the life of me get it paired with my Liftmaster. It simply didn't work.
+1, I purchased this exact unit and it only works 1 out of 10 times, if I'm lucky. Liftmaster as well
Sep 24, 2018
123 posts
203 upvotes
Remember to put in a Lithium 9V. I had issues with regular batteries not working because it was too cold.
Dec 5, 2018
233 posts
256 upvotes
Montreal
I used velcro to put it outside (I didn't want to drill the wall) and it holds well.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2011
1527 posts
1319 upvotes
Pallet Town
If this is the same as the standard ones that come with the opener, then I haven't had much luck with mine. Seems to open the door fine, but is really bad at closing it. 1/10 times it works. Had to resort to putting the car clip just inside the door so I can close it that way
Sep 8, 2010
201 posts
299 upvotes
Calgary
Even thou I am a prime member, the problem with ordering on Amazon these days, is theyre giving me a 30 day delivery timeline, anyone else having that issue?
Jan 20, 2007
334 posts
86 upvotes
Montreal
vuongt wrote: Remember to put in a Lithium 9V. I had issues with regular batteries not working because it was too cold.
Cannot stress this enough... regular alk batteries are useless once temps are below -5*C; lithium battery, no probs even at -25*C.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
2511 posts
898 upvotes
Mississauga
infamy_ wrote: Even thou I am a prime member, the problem with ordering on Amazon these days, is theyre giving me a 30 day delivery timeline, anyone else having that issue?
Yes.. they 're prioritizing essential shipments.
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5188 posts
1774 upvotes
infamy_ wrote: Even thou I am a prime member, the problem with ordering on Amazon these days, is theyre giving me a 30 day delivery timeline, anyone else having that issue?
TLSRULZ wrote: Yes.. they 're prioritizing essential shipments.
I've made 5+ orders in the last couple weeks, they all gave an estimate of one month+ but they were all shipped within a week, some within 2 days.

The long date is just a placeholder because, yes, they are prioritizing essentials but they will ship other things if they're able to.
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5188 posts
1774 upvotes
vuongt wrote: Remember to put in a Lithium 9V. I had issues with regular batteries not working because it was too cold.
I'll have to try and see if it makes a difference, I got so frustrated with mine I stopped trying
Feb 26, 2018
128 posts
80 upvotes
w01f wrote: Cannot stress this enough... regular alk batteries are useless once temps are below -5*C; lithium battery, no probs even at -25*C.
I've had an AliExpress regular 9v battery in for the last 4 years without issue :shrug:
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
2369 posts
814 upvotes
lethbridge alberta
I have one of these. Had to climb up a ladder to within three feet to pair it even with a fresh battery. After that it works from thirty feet away every time. It seems finicky in the winter though that is me putting the wrong code in with gloved fingers and not waiting the required five seconds before trying again. If you put your hand over the pad to block the sun light, you see the pad flashing for five seconds. It won't accept a code until it stops flashing.

I use regular 9V alkaline batteries and get about two years out of them. It gets down to -30C here in Southern Alberta.
Jan 20, 2007
334 posts
86 upvotes
Montreal
Ryankay wrote: I've had an AliExpress regular 9v battery in for the last 4 years without issue :shrug:
Possibly proximity and/or siding/door material?
I know that the first winter the dang thing stopped working as soon as temps dropped and would work again when it warmed. Went 2 winters like that then resolved it this year as soon as I put in a lithium battery. Have ready many similar issues online.
Nov 27, 2005
318 posts
88 upvotes
Hawk25 wrote: If this is the same as the standard ones that come with the opener, then I haven't had much luck with mine. Seems to open the door fine, but is really bad at closing it. 1/10 times it works. Had to resort to putting the car clip just inside the door so I can close it that way
I'm guessing you've got an LED bulb in your opener. It interferes with the radio signal, which is why you have no trouble opening, but problems closing. Suggest you switch to good old incandescent...
Mar 8, 2010
347 posts
285 upvotes
Calgary
Chipppy wrote: That's a 3rd party seller price. Amazon has it for $40.
YXGood
3rd party seller - just launched with no feedback = Hard pass
Dec 31, 2005
296 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
Had one of these for about 8 yrs now, it's been surprisingly reliable.