[Amazon.ca] Chamberlain 940EV Garage Keyless Entry - $41.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2019 4:31 pm
[OP]
Apr 1, 2009
117 posts
101 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Chamberlain 940EV Garage Keyless Entry - $41.99

I have this item be tracking through CCC for better price a few weeks ago because my garage keypad didn't work well for some reason. Got noticed that it hit the historic lowest price today. However, I had my keypad fixed somehow and don't need one now. Just share the information. Homedepot has it @$64.95 but the model shows 940EVC-P2. PM is YMMV.
Images
  • canvas.png
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2003
9578 posts
1692 upvotes
Vancouver
Looks like mine, which now hardly works (you really have to press hard), I'll give it a shot.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2546 posts
2100 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I've had one for a few years, and I find that after entering the code, I need to press the "Enter" key twice for it to work.
In the past, I though my keys were just not registering, so I would rekey in the whole code all the time and press enter again, until I realized that all I needed to do was press the "Enter" key a second time.
My in-laws have the same keypad, and it also seems to have the same flaw. Anyhow, once you know, it's not bad, but otherwise, you find yourself frustrated always entering the code+enter two or 3 times to get it to work.
Jan 22, 2019
315 posts
237 upvotes
Does this work with Liftmaster? My Liftmaster 8500W didn't come with one.
Apr 2, 2008
85 posts
44 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks was looking for this exactly, I don't know why I never put a tracker on it.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2546 posts
2100 upvotes
Montreal, QC
EarthViews wrote: Does this work with Liftmaster? My Liftmaster 8500W didn't come with one.
Depends on the model.
According to manufacturer:
Works with Chamberlain, LiftMaster and Craftsman Garage Door Openers
This master keypad works with Chamberlain, LiftMaster or Craftsman 315 MHz or 390 MHz garage door openers manufactured after January 1, 1993 (any opener with safety sensors).

Locate your learn button on your garage door opener, compatible colors include: Green, Red/Orange, Purple, Yellow.
So check the color of the learn button (it typically on the motor unit, either on the back, or just beside one of the lights). On the 8500 I believe it is just under the front cover, on the left to where all the wires connect. The color of the learn button varies depending on the security features and frequency the unit uses, which also defines which accessories are compatible with it. I believe the 8500 learn button is Yellow, so should be fine.
Jun 11, 2007
98 posts
40 upvotes
Edmonton
DavidN84785 wrote:
The other one has “one button close” which is a great festrr to have. Don’t have to punch the code in to close the door everytime you want to close the door.

That’s true. OP one has more options but seems this one is universally compatible. Here are the features compare:

940EV-P2 KLIK2U-P2
All Weather Cover ✓ ✓
Illuminated Lights ✓ ✓
One-Touch Close ✓ -
Temporary PINS ✓ -
Connects to Multiple Garage Door Openers ✓ -
Battery Included ✓ ✓
Universal Compatibility - ✓
Chamberlain, Liftmaster & Craftsman* Compatible ✓ -
Mar 15, 2019
55 posts
177 upvotes
nmirza wrote: That’s true. OP one has more options but seems this one is universally compatible. Here are the features compare:

940EV-P2 KLIK2U-P2
All Weather Cover ✓ ✓
Illuminated Lights ✓ ✓
One-Touch Close ✓ -
Temporary PINS ✓ -
Connects to Multiple Garage Door Openers ✓ -
Battery Included ✓ ✓
Universal Compatibility - ✓
Chamberlain, Liftmaster & Craftsman* Compatible ✓ -
True, however if the other one works with your garage door opener, it is definitely worth the extra 3 bucks.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
2365 posts
814 upvotes
lethbridge alberta
The 940EV-P2 the OP posted uses the CR123A battery which typically cost $5 to $10 a piece to replace.

Anyone know how long these last with average use on this pad?

UPDATE: Hmmmm, some confusion here. Amazon says it take a "1 CR123A batteries required. (included)". But all the Youtube batteries and pdf installation guides show 9V batteries.

Anyone who already has one these confirm either way?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
6090 posts
2437 upvotes
Canuckland
Sucks that you gotta enter the pin to close the door as well
Mar 15, 2019
55 posts
177 upvotes
frankw wrote: The 940EV-P2 the OP posted uses the CR123A battery which typically cost $5 to $10 a piece to replace.

Anyone know how long these last with average use on this pad?

UPDATE: Hmmmm, some confusion here. Amazon says it take a "1 CR123A batteries required. (included)". But all the Youtube batteries and pdf installation guides show 9V batteries.

Anyone who already has one these confirm either way?
I have one. It takes a 9V battery, lasts maybe 2 years.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
2365 posts
814 upvotes
lethbridge alberta
DavidN84785 wrote: I have one. It takes a 9V battery, lasts maybe 2 years.
Thanks. I have advised Amazon of the incorrect battery info.
[OP]
Apr 1, 2009
117 posts
101 upvotes
Emporium wrote: I've had one for a few years, and I find that after entering the code, I need to press the "Enter" key twice for it to work.
In the past, I though my keys were just not registering, so I would rekey in the whole code all the time and press enter again, until I realized that all I needed to do was press the "Enter" key a second time.
My in-laws have the same keypad, and it also seems to have the same flaw. Anyhow, once you know, it's not bad, but otherwise, you find yourself frustrated always entering the code+enter two or 3 times to get it to work.
That is the problem I had too. That is why I thought I need a replacement. What I fixed is that I open the box and insert several layers of paper underneath of the mother board then seal the box back. Now the keys feel more responsive when pressing. So far so good and will see how long it lasts.
[OP]
Apr 1, 2009
117 posts
101 upvotes
1226 wrote: Looks like mine, which now hardly works (you really have to press hard), I'll give it a shot.
See above I reply to Emporium, maybe you can try to fix it first.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2546 posts
2100 upvotes
Montreal, QC
zq0888 wrote: That is the problem I had too. That is why I thought I need a replacement. What I fixed is that I open the box and insert several layers of paper underneath of the mother board then seal the box back. Now the keys feel more responsive when pressing. So far so good and will see how long it lasts.
Thnx for the comment. I'll take a look at that when I get a chance, but I don't think that is the problem on my unit. I don't have to press hard on the keys... And pressing harder and slowly does not make a difference. It is something strange.. When I am not too lazy, I may try to re-pair/re-learn the unit. I have a feeling it is something with the way the security codes roll.
Dec 7, 2005
261 posts
52 upvotes
Pickering
I’ve had mine for over 8 years and haven’t changed the battery yet. I guess it depends how often you use it.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35247 posts
21225 upvotes
Center of Universe
I don't personally use these, but see lots on sale on Kijiji for less than $30 that are brand new.
Mar 8, 2010
343 posts
285 upvotes
Calgary
Seems like deal is dead = back up to $62.