Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Chamberlain MYQ-G0301C Smart Garage-Wi-Fi Enabled Smartphone Control ($48.98)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2019 1:50 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
3110 posts
615 upvotes
SkySeeker wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 3:22 am
I'm in the same boat. Looks like the sensor does have to be installed as well. However, the HomeBridge device is apparently ALSO needed if one wants Apple HomeKit support.
You don't need this if your getting the home bridge, if your GDO is MyQ supported. The home bridge will know if the GDO is opened without the sensor and you'll also be able to control the lights.

This is more a universal kit that adds wifi to any GDO.
Oct 3, 2018
30 posts
12 upvotes
I have issue with my Craftman GDO too with purple button, Cant get it paired with it. I will be calling MYq customer care and see if it helps!
Nov 15, 2010
51 posts
7 upvotes
rtookey wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 7:05 am
Anyone know what the difference is between the 301 and the 301C?
In reading the Amazon questions - it appears to be the Canadian version but the hardware should be identical. I purchased the non C version a few days ago for the same price - hopefully I won't run into any issues.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2322 posts
282 upvotes
JonSnow wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 8:14 am

You don't need this if your getting the home bridge, if your GDO is MyQ supported. The home bridge will know if the GDO is opened without the sensor and you'll also be able to control the lights.

This is more a universal kit that adds wifi to any GDO.
trying to figure this out, i have the gateway bridge already for one of my GDO with MyQ, and it works great, my other GDO is Chamberlain non Myq purple learn button. Do anyone know if the sensor work with the gateway bridge, or does these sensor have to work with the WiFi Hub, I guess if not, then I will add this WiFi Hub to MyQ app also on top of the gateway?

macmachine wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 8:22 am
I have issue with my Craftman GDO too with purple button, Cant get it paired with it. I will be calling MYq customer care and see if it helps!

Please let me know if you have any success, thx
Jun 21, 2008
433 posts
102 upvotes
mississauga
speeed wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 1:06 am
Can you connect this to more than one phone from MYQ app?

I’m reading mixed reviews some are saying it can only be controlled from one phone...

Can someone confirm?
yep, i had it connected to 1 cellphone and 1 tablet and both worked
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1056 posts
230 upvotes
Winnipeg
I don't have an extra outlet next to my garage door opener (its connected via an extension cable). Does the hub need to installed on the ceiling?
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1614 posts
386 upvotes
Woodbridge
Thanks OP. Price matched Bestbuy with Home Depot for additional 10% off.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
2382 posts
3193 upvotes
Langley, BC
canuckistanian44 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 7:52 am
I have a GDO with MyQ (no "wifi" printed on it) . I got the 828LM about 4 months ago and it paired quickly and is sitting it the room above the garage. Works solidly and their app is nice. Wish it had free google support however.
I wanted the 828LM forever, but it's always $70+
Feb 13, 2016
296 posts
293 upvotes
macmachine wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 8:22 am
Please do update us, i will be calling this weekend
Oct 3, 2018
30 posts
12 upvotes
onthemove wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 9:18 am
Please do update us, i will be calling this weekend
I just called up MyQ Customer Care and they helped me resolve the issue. They asked me to move the hub to around 5 ft or something with no LED bulbs around. I don't know how it made any difference but it got paired in no time. Earlier my hub was just 2 ft away from GDO and LED bulb was within 2 feet of distance. All I did was move my hub to other side 5 ft away from GDO. Hope this helps to other folks!
Feb 13, 2016
296 posts
293 upvotes
macmachine wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 9:28 am
I just called up MyQ Customer Care and they helped me resolve the issue. They asked me to move the hub to around 5 ft or something with no LED bulbs around. I don't know how it made any difference but it got paired in no time. Earlier my hub was just 2 ft away from GDO and LED bulb was within 2 feet of distance. All I did was move my hub to other side 5 ft away from GDO. Hope this helps to other folks!
Will give this a try when I get home tonight, thank you!
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12230 posts
4076 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tatung wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 9:03 am
I don't have an extra outlet next to my garage door opener (its connected via an extension cable). Does the hub need to installed on the ceiling?
It doesn't have to be on the ceiling but it needs to be within a certain distance from the GDO (as confirmed by a few posts after yours).