Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Charmin Ultra Soft Toilet Paper, 12 Mega Rolls (Equal to 48 Regular Rolls) $6.48

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2019 1:20 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
1925 posts
972 upvotes
GTA

[Amazon Canada] Charmin Ultra Soft Toilet Paper, 12 Mega Rolls (Equal to 48 Regular Rolls) $6.48

Amazon has Charmin Ultra Soft Toilet Paper on sale for $9.98. Assuming you have 5 subscriptions, that brings the price down to $8.48. Then there's a $2.00 coupon which brings it down to $6.48.

This was the price I paid. However, my wife tried to buy it as well but the S&S subscription service is either changing or their system is messed up. What happens is when you select how often you want the auto-delivery and then click the "Schedule" button, it just adds to the cart with the discount. What that means is until you have $35 worth of items, the shipping is not free. If you add more items to bring the total to 5 subscriptions, but the total is less than $25, it will remove any add-on items. Thinking perhaps it was just a bug on her computer with IE, we tried it on my computer and the same thing happened. What's more, it still works as normal on my account, just not hers. So the only real difference is I already had some items in S&S but she didn't and these were the first items being added to her S&S.

UPDATE: As it turns out, if this is your first S&S for the month, you need to click on the link to the right of "First delivery on" and then select "Get it with your next Subscribe & Save delivery" to make it work like it used to.
Last edited by Britex on Nov 9th, 2019 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
43 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2015
1199 posts
332 upvotes
Yes it looks like S&S has changed. (Except maybe for existing S&S)
No more free shipping ☹️
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2015
4236 posts
3913 upvotes
Thanks, added to my S&S. I bought this already 4 times with the same discount on my previous orders. Shipping is free. Not sure how are you guys are getting charged for shipping.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
1925 posts
972 upvotes
GTA
TransporterSD wrote:
Nov 9th, 2019 8:19 am
Thanks, added to my S&S. I bought this already 4 times with the same discount on my previous orders. Shipping is free. Not sure how are you guys are getting charged for shipping.
The procedure was exactly the same and it worked for me but not on my wife's account. It's just very odd because it makes it VERY difficult to get free shipping or even the discount. Great if you combine it with another expensive item but, the way I normally utilize subscribe and save is I'd keep adding deals throughout the month. Now you're being forced to do it all in one transaction.
Oct 17, 2010
107 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
wra45mon wrote:
Nov 9th, 2019 8:16 am
No more free shipping ☹️
Ya... is anyone else finding that Amazon is ramping back their level of customer service?

I've found that a lot more items are no longer "free shipping for returns" (you now have to check the shipping details on the right when you buy to see if the item includes 'free returns') and I recently had them send me the wrong item. I had to go through the whole return process, repackaging the item and bringing it to the post office, and they refused to give me either a credit or an extension of the prime service ("Yes, you may have received that before, but I am no longer able to do that").

Either they've become upset at how many returns I've made... or they're really cutting back.
Jun 5, 2016
85 posts
132 upvotes
johncanuck wrote:
Nov 9th, 2019 9:00 am
Ya... is anyone else finding that Amazon is ramping back their level of customer service?

I've found that a lot more items are no longer "free shipping for returns" (you now have to check the shipping details on the right when you buy to see if the item includes 'free returns') and I recently had them send me the wrong item. I had to go through the whole return process, repackaging the item and bringing it to the post office, and they refused to give me either a credit or an extension of the prime service ("Yes, you may have received that before, but I am no longer able to do that").

Either they've become upset at how many returns I've made... or they're really cutting back.
they are cutting back probably because as usual some are abusing..
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
9758 posts
4417 upvotes
I purchased something a couple weeks ago and used some credits i got from promos but they ended up sending me the wrong item.(wrong size) $11 item i had to repackage and ship back they sent in envelope but i had to find a box.
Then they sent me email saying the exchange cant be done as item is out of stock in the size i wanted and to boot i didnt get my credits back that i used to pay with lol.
I would of kept the wrong dang size if i knew they would do this haha.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
Dec 25, 2018
36 posts
28 upvotes
Seems they changed s&s to deliver stuff right away. You can press the change button next to “first delivered on “ to change it to “Get it with your next S&S delivery” to go back to how it was

Here’s a screenshot showing it
A0395765-4E57-48D2-B714-3819D02AE510.jpeg
Last edited by stevepoint on Nov 9th, 2019 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 25, 2018
36 posts
28 upvotes
Now anyone know if you skip the delivery date on a coupon item will it still give the coupon discount?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5239 posts
5919 upvotes
S&S is always free standard shipping, but Amazon adds an additional option for you. You have to select the first delivery is also S&S, not as a regular order (this is set by default on some customer account). You can change the option on the product page (just right above the selected quantity)
wra45mon wrote:
Nov 9th, 2019 8:16 am
No more free shipping ☹️
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5239 posts
5919 upvotes
What kind of credit is it? If it is Amazon's fault, they have to give you back the credit. Otherwise, it will be a SCAM.
blazed16 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2019 9:57 am
I purchased something a couple weeks ago and used some credits i got from promos but they ended up sending me the wrong item.(wrong size) $11 item i had to repackage and ship back they sent in envelope but i had to find a box.
Then they sent me email saying the exchange cant be done as item is out of stock in the size i wanted and to boot i didnt get my credits back that i used to pay with lol.
I would of kept the wrong dang size if i knew they would do this haha.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
24310 posts
1564 upvotes
Markham, ON
as a business that generates profits...the S&S was being abused...the party going to end sooner or later
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
1925 posts
972 upvotes
GTA
lcmt wrote:
Nov 9th, 2019 10:20 am
S&S is always free standard shipping, but Amazon adds an additional option for you. You have to select the first delivery is also S&S, not as a regular order (this is set by default on some customer account). You can change the option on the product page (just right above the selected quantity)
No, the two options available are "One-time purchase" and "Subscribe & Save". Previously when you select "Subscribe & Save", it would add it to your other subscriptions. Looks like if you have any subscriptions, it will work as it did before. If you don't already have some, it will be treated more like a regular purchase where you need to go over a threshold ($35) before you get free shipping. I guess if this new process continues you'll see it on your next S&S shipment, but not this month since you probably have other S&S items.

EDIT: Oh shoot! Now I see what you mean. So it defaults to charging you for "faster" delivery so you need to manually change it to S&S delivery and then it's back to the way it was and thus free. Thanks for the heads up. Amazon, sneaky buggers!