Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Chef’sChoice 15 Trizor XV EdgeSelect Professional 3-Stage Electric Knife Sharpener $99.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2021 4:27 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
3642 posts
7043 upvotes
Laval

[Amazon.ca] Chef’sChoice 15 Trizor XV EdgeSelect Professional 3-Stage Electric Knife Sharpener $99.99

Image

Chef’sChoice 15 Trizor XV EdgeSelect Professional Electric Knife Sharpener for Straight and Serrated Knives Diamond Abrasives Patented Sharpening System Made in USA, 3-Stage, Gray $99.99

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0018RSEMU
Last edited by 2Riskit on Jul 28th, 2021 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
32 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 6, 2003
15842 posts
7406 upvotes
Ottawa
Nice.


Last edited by warpdrive on Jul 28th, 2021 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
3642 posts
7043 upvotes
Laval
redondo2017 wrote: is it same model in Costco?
Chef’s Choice 1520 vs Trizor XV EdgeSelect – An In-depth Comparison

Let’s compare the differences between the Chef’s Choice 1520 and the Trizor XV.

Number of stages: 3 – both
100% diamond abrasives in stage 1 & 2 – both
Flexible stropping disks in stage 3 – both
Motor: 125 watts – both
For 15-degree edge – both
Convex 20-degree edge to 15-degree – Trizor XV
For 20-degree edge – Chef’s Choice 1520
Heavy duty pre-sharpening in stage 1 – Trizor XV
Can recondition heavily worked knives – Trizor XV
For household and serrated knives – both
3-year warranty – both

From the above comparison, we can see there are some differences in the features. The model 1520 can sharpen both 15 and 20-degree class knives whereas the Trizor XV can only handle 15-degree edge.


https://chosenz.com/best-electric-knife ... trizor-xv/
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 6, 2003
15842 posts
7406 upvotes
Ottawa
redondo2017 wrote: is it same model in Costco?
I think the key thing to note is that this one (Trizor) is designed mainly to convert ALL your knives to, what they call.....a Trizor XV Edge, which is 3 facet edge, with 15 and 20 degree bevels.

Capture.JPG

The Costco model is targetted toward people who have 15 and 20 degree knives and don't want to change the bevel to the Trizor XV Edge. However, people have commented that it's possible to use the two stages of the Costco model to do the same thing as the Trizor model.
Newbie
Nov 12, 2012
94 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
OP, your post just cost me 99 bucks.
Member
Jun 5, 2012
260 posts
332 upvotes
NEPEAN
Yea, this is a good deal no matter how you slice it........
Newbie
Jul 27, 2021
1 posts
Thanks, have been watching this for a bit. Down for one.
Jr. Member
Apr 23, 2015
191 posts
153 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
This is smoking hot, ATL. I have this and it's a fantastic sharpener.
Newbie
Nov 15, 2015
76 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Been wanting one of these for a while and my knives are in bad need of sharpening. Just ordered one of these and hope it's good
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2517 posts
779 upvotes
Gta
YJZSIX wrote: This, awesome edge
Ok. So next question.I am not a knife coinosseur…I have just basic knives in the kitchen and nothing fancier than a bunch of cheap kitchen aid knives and a few Henkels ( Cheaper end ) and a Victorinox serrated edge that I use for almost everything . Is this sharpener kind of overkill for my cheapo knives?
Koodo member
Newbie
Jun 6, 2018
56 posts
35 upvotes
queenofhearts wrote: Ok. So next question.I am not a knife coinosseur…I have just basic knives in the kitchen and nothing fancier than a bunch of cheap kitchen aid knives and a few Henkels ( Cheaper end ) and a Victorinox serrated edge that I use for almost everything . Is this sharpener kind of overkill for my cheapo knives?
Nope, cheaper knives are even better since you can sharpen them without a worry
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2517 posts
779 upvotes
Gta
YJZSIX wrote: Nope, cheaper knives are even better since you can sharpen them without a worry
Ok. Ordering now!
Koodo member
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 13, 2008
3404 posts
4311 upvotes
Oakville
2Riskit wrote: Image

Chef’sChoice 15 Trizor XV EdgeSelect Professional Electric Knife Sharpener for Straight and Serrated Knives Diamond Abrasives Patented Sharpening System Made in USA, 3-Stage, Gray $99.99

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0018RSEMU
This is 100% going out of stock within an hour.

I paid $175 for this, just bought another.

I have both the 1520 and this model, and use the trizor mostly.

The 315 model is crap, so avoid that 2 stage garbage.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Member
Aug 17, 2007
261 posts
245 upvotes
Great deal. The first stage in this one is a little more robust than the Costco 1520 because it's meant to do conversions too.
Sr. Member
Sep 27, 2009
752 posts
504 upvotes
Sask, Canada
dpvu wrote: Great deal. The first stage in this one is a little more robust than the Costco 1520 because it's meant to do conversions too.
I just noticed the Costco 3 stage is on sale as well. You're saying the Amazon version has the edge between the two?

Top