Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Chemical Guys CWS_402 - Mr. Pink Super Suds Car Wash Soap and Shampoo (1 Gal) $28.44

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 9th, 2020 3:48 pm
Jun 3, 2010
949 posts
385 upvotes
Richmond Hill
DCanadaS wrote: which soap gun do u guys use if u dont mind sharing?
I just have the MATCC Foam Cannon. The basic plastic bottle with the 1/4" quick connector. I read a lot of reviews on the different ones by "named" companies and essentially the important factor is your pressure washer and not so much the foam cannon. So just get one that will be able to weather some bumps and drops and won't break on you. I have dropped my foam cannon a few times now...it is top heavy because it is metal on top and plastic on the bottom. I keep it on my rack in the garage, and when it falls over, it can fall down onto the garage floor.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
3145 posts
1654 upvotes
toram23901 wrote: I just have the MATCC Foam Cannon. The basic plastic bottle with the 1/4" quick connector. I read a lot of reviews on the different ones by "named" companies and essentially the important factor is your pressure washer and not so much the foam cannon. So just get one that will be able to weather some bumps and drops and won't break on you. I have dropped my foam cannon a few times now...it is top heavy because it is metal on top and plastic on the bottom. I keep it on my rack in the garage, and when it falls over, it can fall down onto the garage floor.
I epoxied a big metal washer to the bottom of mine to offset some of the weight imbalance. It has helped.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6694 posts
2439 upvotes
GTA
toram23901 wrote: I have this pressure washer too. It has a 1/4" connector, so that is what you are looking for. It is the most common connector.
Thanks, appreciate it!
Jun 3, 2010
949 posts
385 upvotes
Richmond Hill
flyer12 wrote: I epoxied a big metal washer to the bottom of mine to offset some of the weight imbalance. It has helped.
Good idea....I have some Gorilla Glue sitting around...I'll look for some dead weight...of course my wife will probably just point to me.
Nov 21, 2015
570 posts
328 upvotes
Brampton, ON
toram23901 wrote: This is my normal wash method...I pre-wash with my pressure washer to remove dirt on the car body and wash my rims if the brake dust is too much for me to take...then foam it up. I grab my wash mitt (that gets washed clean all the time) and wipe things down on the car...I use the green Chemical Guys soap so it is still PH neutral. After that, I just power rinse things down.

I haven't put a ceramic coating on my car yet...this is why I believe I need the wipe down. I am hoping that when I get the coating done this year, I can skip the wipe down part and just let the foam work its magic by letting it sit for a a few minutes.

I usually was my car every day, at the least every other day, during the summer. So my car does not get really dirty unless I drive it somewhere out of town -- country roads -- driving trips -- fishing -- etc.
Sounds about right. I purchased a pressure washer back on Boxing Day and have yet to use it. I’ve been to self serve washes in the past and my car would still be dirty unless I use a mitt, so I plan on using your method once I get mine up and running.

I’ve heard good things about ceramic coating if done properly, I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t need to use a mitt if you get the car coated.

Every other day would be just fine, I feel like washing every day would slowly ruin your paint due to high pressure.
Jun 3, 2010
949 posts
385 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Patel151 wrote: Sounds about right. I purchased a pressure washer back on Boxing Day and have yet to use it. I’ve been to self serve washes in the past and my car would still be dirty unless I use a mitt, so I plan on using your method once I get mine up and running.

I’ve heard good things about ceramic coating if done properly, I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t need to use a mitt if you get the car coated.

Every other day would be just fine, I feel like washing every day would slowly ruin your paint due to high pressure.
I've actually gone a little crazy with the car washing....just ask my wife. Once you go down the path of ABSOLUTELY needing it to look shiny and the envy of everyone else (in terms of cleanliness), you get pulled down a rabbit hole that you can never get out of.

My latest purchase is a Worx leaf blower that claims 600 CFM of airflow at a top speed of 110MPH. With the coating that I am planning, I am going to see if I can achieve my own touchfree car wash at home.

Is this crazy enough? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3699 posts
2797 upvotes
Ottawa
toram23901 wrote: I've actually gone a little crazy with the car washing....just ask my wife. Once you go down the path of ABSOLUTELY needing it to look shiny and the envy of everyone else (in terms of cleanliness), you get pulled down a rabbit hole that you can never get out of.

My latest purchase is a Worx leaf blower that claims 600 CFM of airflow at a top speed of 110MPH. With the coating that I am planning, I am going to see if I can achieve my own touchfree car wash at home.

Is this crazy enough? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
I wash the car every 2/3 weeks in the warmer months and my neighbours think that I'm too obsessed with the car! I also work on the repairs/maintenance so they see me around the cars often ... but compared to them not doing anything I'm a car nut! :rolleyes:

If they see you washing your car every day they would think that it's your full-time job Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Apr 28, 2004
693 posts
47 upvotes
Mississauga
toram23901 wrote: ... ABSOLUTELY needing it to look shiny and the envy of everyone else (in terms of cleanliness...

...I am going to see if I can achieve my own touchfree car wash at home.
Touchless doesn't come near the shininess of a contact wash... and be careful with the blower if there's no filter.
Jan 31, 2020
185 posts
330 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote:
Not the lowest price but I'll take it over my wife screaming at my ears because I didn't wash her car.
^ Gentlemen, this is why you invest in a really good lawyer & get an ironclad prenup. Wifey dare not behave like this with me.

Decent deal... this formula is pretty stellar.
"I go for the jugular" - Kobe Bryant
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2024 posts
1015 upvotes
still have at least 60% of my jug from the 2018 deal lol
Aug 7, 2011
691 posts
240 upvotes
razrsharp wrote: still have at least 60% of my jug from the 2018 deal lol
Oh wow. How much soap is required for a wash? I have a foam gun but only expect to driveway-wash my car 5-6 times a year.

Should I just get the smaller bottle?