Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Chemical Guys CWS_402 - Mr. Pink Super Suds Car Wash Soap and Shampoo (1 Gal) $28.44

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 9th, 2020 3:48 pm
Nov 21, 2015
570 posts
328 upvotes
Brampton, ON
toram23901 wrote: I've actually gone a little crazy with the car washing....just ask my wife. Once you go down the path of ABSOLUTELY needing it to look shiny and the envy of everyone else (in terms of cleanliness), you get pulled down a rabbit hole that you can never get out of.

My latest purchase is a Worx leaf blower that claims 600 CFM of airflow at a top speed of 110MPH. With the coating that I am planning, I am going to see if I can achieve my own touchfree car wash at home.

Is this crazy enough? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
And here I thought I was crazy for washing my car twice a week lol I'd go insane washing my car every single day. Make sure you take a look very closely at your paint just to make sure it's all in one piece Face With Tears Of Joy I wouldn't suggest a touchfree wash at home; you'd find yourself washing your car twice a day everyday Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes it'd get too addicting making sure your car is sparkling clean!
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2024 posts
1015 upvotes
1theguy1 wrote: Oh wow. How much soap is required for a wash? I have a foam gun but only expect to driveway-wash my car 5-6 times a year.

Should I just get the smaller bottle?
To be honest, I don't wash my cars much. Probably a dozen times a year per car, absolute max.
Jun 3, 2010
949 posts
385 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Patel151 wrote: And here I thought I was crazy for washing my car twice a week lol I'd go insane washing my car every single day. Make sure you take a look very closely at your paint just to make sure it's all in one piece Face With Tears Of Joy I wouldn't suggest a touchfree wash at home; you'd find yourself washing your car twice a day everyday Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes it'd get too addicting making sure your car is sparkling clean!
You're not kidding...but I have had a simple coating put on at the beginning of the season that generally lasts the summer. Before the coating, they do a general once over to polish things up. This year, I'm planning on getting a better coating that would be tougher and last longer (I hope). Previous years, I wipe dry my car, so I do look at the paint job closely. Always using clean microfiber cloths...if it falls to the ground, I grab another one from my stack. I do my best not to scratch anything...and I generally don't have any swirl wipe marks on my car. I'm hoping with a better coating, water will "slide" off easily.
Jun 3, 2010
949 posts
385 upvotes
Richmond Hill
1theguy1 wrote: Oh wow. How much soap is required for a wash? I have a foam gun but only expect to driveway-wash my car 5-6 times a year.

Should I just get the smaller bottle?
I am still playing around with the amount I use per wash. I have basically be using 2oz per wash...I fill up half the foam cannon bottle. Mine is a 1L bottle. I used up one of these 4L jugs plus some in the second one washing very regularly. 1 4L bottle goes a long way, especially if you don't wash like a crazy person...i.e. DON'T be like me.

These don't go bad...just keep it closed tightly.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1343 posts
654 upvotes
Scarborough
This was in my wish list to buy in the coming months.

On average, how long should a gallon last you if clean you vehicle once a week? I know it all depends per person, but wanted to get an average amount of washes out of a gallon.
Feb 26, 2008
703 posts
649 upvotes
Surrey
toram23901 wrote: I just have the MATCC Foam Cannon. The basic plastic bottle with the 1/4" quick connector. I read a lot of reviews on the different ones by "named" companies and essentially the important factor is your pressure washer and not so much the foam cannon. So just get one that will be able to weather some bumps and drops and won't break on you. I have dropped my foam cannon a few times now...it is top heavy because it is metal on top and plastic on the bottom. I keep it on my rack in the garage, and when it falls over, it can fall down onto the garage floor.
I have it and use it extensively. I had an issue where the gasket on a connector went. Contacted the company and was immediately sent a replacement. It works really well and is fun to use. Saves a lot of water and soap solution used. I wish I had used this when I had my detailing business. It would have saved a ton of time. So far, every soap I've put in there has been great. I didn't like the Mr. Pink stuff as much (lubricity wasn't there) but it's a personal preference. I usually use Meguiar's gold class on it. The NXT is pretty good too!
Nov 24, 2007
285 posts
216 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
toram23901 wrote: This is my normal wash method...I pre-wash with my pressure washer to remove dirt on the car body and wash my rims if the brake dust is too much for me to take...then foam it up. I grab my wash mitt (that gets washed clean all the time) and wipe things down on the car...I use the green Chemical Guys soap so it is still PH neutral. After that, I just power rinse things down.

I haven't put a ceramic coating on my car yet...this is why I believe I need the wipe down. I am hoping that when I get the coating done this year, I can skip the wipe down part and just let the foam work its magic by letting it sit for a a few minutes.

I usually was my car every day, at the least every other day, during the summer. So my car does not get really dirty unless I drive it somewhere out of town -- country roads -- driving trips -- fishing -- etc.
It really depends on how clean you want your car. I have one car that is CQuartzed (ceramic coating) and another that has Carpro Reload (an SiO2 spray sealant) - they are both very hydrophobic (in fact, much of the hydrophobicity in CQ is from the Reload topper) but the CQ has a durability in years while Reload lasts only months.

In both cases, if the car has dust/pollen but hasn't been rained on a touchless wash using foam works reasonably well - just don't touch it to dry it either (use a blower). If the car has been rained on at all, there is always a little film and some spots left behind that are only removed with agitation (could be very light agitation).

The Porsche (CQuartz) may go weeks without a contact wash if I successfully avoid rainy days. The Caddy (with Reload) is typically used in the rain, and requires a contact wash.

Same deal with wheels - I find if it hasn't rained and dried, the wheels get ~90% clean without contact... but if it's been through a wet/dry cycle a contactless wash will only remove 30-40% of the dust.

I'm very happy with the ceramic coating and Carpro products in general. No regrets.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10321 posts
4804 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: Picked up two jugs since I no longer have a car wash group. Also was offered $5 credit with a $100 reload.

Chemical Guys CWS_402 - Mr. Pink Super Suds Car Wash Soap and Shampoo (1 Gal)
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00BJCAPEE/

Perfect wash for weekly maintenance
Excellent for two-bucket wash or foam gun
pH neutral for a gentle wash
Extra slick for a scratch-free washing experience
Rinses clean with no residue

Not the lowest price but I'll take it over my wife screaming at my ears because I didn't wash her car.
Lowest * $28.21 May 06, 2018

Previous thread on it:
amazon-ca-hot-chemical-guys-mr-pink-sno ... 8-2209851/
I would tell her to go wash her own dang car lol.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3699 posts
2797 upvotes
Ottawa
blazed16 wrote: I would tell her to go wash her own dang car lol.
Are you sure about that? Your signature clearly says "Dont tell wife!" Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1134 posts
278 upvotes
Toronto
Does this shampoo strip the wax off the paint? Do I need to wax the car after to retain the paint.

I read some shampoo removes layers that protects the paint.
Mar 5, 2019
52 posts
28 upvotes
ysl5710 wrote: Does this shampoo strip the wax off the paint? Do I need to wax the car after to retain the paint.

I am wondering the same.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2001
1205 posts
468 upvotes
Thanks OP. Bought. I purchased a new CX-5 last summer and have found myself anticipating spring when I can go crazy with detailing. Time to start searching YouTube for guides. I've been using a clay bar each spring for years and hand washing on weekends all spring/summer. I've been checking out Pan the Organizer to find out what I've been doing wrong. A lot apparently. LOL
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3699 posts
2797 upvotes
Ottawa
ysl5710 wrote: Does this shampoo strip the wax off the paint? Do I need to wax the car after to retain the paint.

sepavelli wrote: I am wondering the same.
No it doesn't strip the wax.
Source: https://www.chemicalguys.com/mr.-pink-s ... ampoo.html
Mr. Pink is the perfect maintenance car wash shampoo that is tough on dirt, yet gentle on wax and sealant with slick lubricants that gently guide dirt and grime off the car for a scratch-free wash!

Like No Other Soap Out There

Other detailing shampoos and low-grade car wash soaps are often too strong, stripping wax and staining plastic and rubber parts. Mr. Pink is pH-balanced and gentle on all exterior automobile parts like paint, clear coat, polished metals, glass, and even vinyl, rubber, and plastic trim. Mr. Pink rinses clean after every car wash, leaving behind no residue for a truly clean surface every time.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
2182 posts
1682 upvotes
Markham
gumby wrote: No it doesn't strip the wax.
Source: https://www.chemicalguys.com/mr.-pink-s ... ampoo.html
Mr. Pink is the perfect maintenance car wash shampoo that is tough on dirt, yet gentle on wax and sealant with slick lubricants that gently guide dirt and grime off the car for a scratch-free wash!

Like No Other Soap Out There

Other detailing shampoos and low-grade car wash soaps are often too strong, stripping wax and staining plastic and rubber parts. Mr. Pink is pH-balanced and gentle on all exterior automobile parts like paint, clear coat, polished metals, glass, and even vinyl, rubber, and plastic trim. Mr. Pink rinses clean after every car wash, leaving behind no residue for a truly clean surface every time.
Yeah, exactly this. Maybe a couple times during the summer, I’ll spray my car with a mild degreaser to help with the road grime and oils that this soap won’t get off. PH neutral is great at preventing your wax or coating from breaking down, but every now and then a degreaser helps.

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Mar 17, 2014
519 posts
184 upvotes
Vancouver
i have this and used 2/3of it...time to stock up again for spring detailing, thanks op!!