Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam Car Wash Soap And Cleanser (1 Gal) - $34.74

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2021 7:50 am
[OP]
Banned
Jun 13, 2020
175 posts
159 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam Car Wash Soap And Cleanser (1 Gal) - $34.74

Good time to stock up to get ready for the spring/summer car wash season. I love this soap for my foam cannon. A bunch of other Chemical Guys stuff is on sale on amazon also. For those that don't know this is for use with a foam cannon, it is really good soap for your car, super foamy and sticks to the the really well.

Some other chemical guys stuff:

ChemicalGuys Leather Cleaner & Conditioner Complete Leather Care Kit
Last edited by Mars2012 on Feb 8th, 2021 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed links/non-rfd affiliate tags removed
22 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2341 posts
1279 upvotes
Is there a major benefit to using this vs. the pink stuff in a snow foam cannon? I still have a lot from the last deal...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
5967 posts
601 upvotes
Vancouver
Can I use this in a iK Foam Pro 12?
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9665 posts
9119 upvotes
Markham
I use this, it works very well with any foam cannon.

The smell is nice too, honeydew-ey.. but will fade in a couple hours.
[OP]
Banned
Jun 13, 2020
175 posts
159 upvotes
razrsharp wrote: Is there a major benefit to using this vs. the pink stuff in a snow foam cannon? I still have a lot from the last deal...
The foam soap works better with the foam cannons. I’ve tried the mr pink in a foam cannon it makes a lot of bubbles but it kind of melts away after a min wherein the actual foam stuff lasts longer and it’s foamier.
Dec 12, 2019
20 posts
4 upvotes
I don’t have any cleaning kit.
Any suggestion for foam cannon, pressure gun that goes along with this?
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2714 posts
1710 upvotes
GVRD
xxxibgdrgn wrote: I don’t have any cleaning kit.
Any suggestion for foam cannon, pressure gun that goes along with this?
I don't have a pressure washer and using Kwazar Venus Pro Super Foamer with this honeydew wash
May 12, 2019
319 posts
431 upvotes
Let me set the record straight here. The level of foam does not matter if the soap does not add lubricity. The point of foam was originally to provide a barrier between your mitt and the clear coat so you minimize scratches when washing your car. I would take a slippery/lubricating soap over something foamy but dry any day.

A highly underrated wash soap is the blue one gallon Simonis Wash and Wax sold at crappy tire. Has a lot of lubrication and washes well especially when mixed with a stripping soap.
Last edited by 419justblaz on Feb 8th, 2021 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 12, 2019
20 posts
4 upvotes
Is pressure washer different from garden hose? I have garden hose that I can use water from my garage. I thought what i need is foam cannon and pressure gun that connects to my hose
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1906 posts
1122 upvotes
419justblaz wrote: Let me set the record straight here. The level of foam does not matter if the soap does not add lubricity. The point of foam was originally to provide a barrier between your mitt and the clear coat so you minimize scratches when washing your car. I would take a slippery/lubricating soap over something foamy but dry any day.

A highly underrated wash soap is the blue one gallon Simonis Wash and Wax sold at crappy tire. Has a lot of lubrication and washes well especially when mixed with a stripping soap.
Foam cannon should only be used for presoak - to break down the dirt and wash away before putting a lubed mitt to the paint.

This soap is designed for a foam cannon and does create not more, but tighter foam helping it to cling and break loose dirt. 2oz in a foam bottle creates enough foam and bottle allows me to go over the car twice - it takes off 90+% of the dirt before I hand wash.

For wash soap, CG Citrus Wash and Gloss is one of the slickest. Good for reg wash or as a stripper, just need to be careful how much is used.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2297 posts
1812 upvotes
Ottawa
xxxibgdrgn wrote: Is pressure washer different from garden hose? I have garden hose that I can use water from my garage. I thought what i need is foam cannon and pressure gun that connects to my hose
Yes very different. The pressure from a pressure washer will create a whole lot more foam vs a foam sprayer attached onto a garden hose
Dec 12, 2019
20 posts
4 upvotes
Chrno wrote: Yes very different. The pressure from a pressure washer will create a whole lot more foam vs a foam sprayer attached onto a garden hose
Damn.. I’ve already bought this soap. What’s the best for me to wash with it if I don’t have any other kit? Do I need to buy water pressure machine ?
Jul 4, 2006
218 posts
359 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks op! For those that have used this with foam canons, do you add the solution to the bottle with no dilution? It wasn't clear to me when I was reading the description.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1906 posts
1122 upvotes
jiop18 wrote: Thanks op! For those that have used this with foam canons, do you add the solution to the bottle with no dilution? It wasn't clear to me when I was reading the description.
No, you need to dilute. There's usually markers on the foam bottle. For most, the first line is about 2oz. Fill the rest with warm water.
[OP]
Banned
Jun 13, 2020
175 posts
159 upvotes
evilYoda wrote: Sounds yummy.
Love the smell everytime I use this does smell yummy.
Jan 26, 2010
93 posts
22 upvotes
pkphilip wrote: I don't have a pressure washer and using Kwazar Venus Pro Super Foamer with this honeydew wash
I have been interested in getting a portable foamer. How much effort/how sore were you from manually pumping when washing your vehicle?

Do you have any thoughts when comparing models from Kwazar vs IK? They are both comparable in price.
Nov 26, 2018
134 posts
113 upvotes
i wash my car with a 2 buckets, garden hose, wash mitt, old shammy, and a $12 bottle mother's wash/wax. the bottle easily lasts 10+ washes for a small sedan.

what advantages are there to move to a foam canon and a more expensive wash? i always thought it was cool and wanted to try.
Jun 22, 2009
373 posts
185 upvotes
konig1 wrote: i wash my car with a 2 buckets, garden hose, wash mitt, old shammy, and a $12 bottle mother's wash/wax. the bottle easily lasts 10+ washes for a small sedan.

what advantages are there to move to a foam canon and a more expensive wash? i always thought it was cool and wanted to try.
Try it at coin wash lol
Can't select your own foam
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1118 posts
563 upvotes
Markham
konig1 wrote: i wash my car with a 2 buckets, garden hose, wash mitt, old shammy, and a $12 bottle mother's wash/wax. the bottle easily lasts 10+ washes for a small sedan.

Less micro-marring.
The biggest improvement is switching from a garden hose to a pressure washer. A foam cannon is more of a QoL improvement but doesn't make that much of an impact. It's more of an added step to loosen the dirt prior to the 2 bucket wash.