• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2021 5:36 pm
[OP]
Sep 18, 2017
301 posts
214 upvotes
GVRD

[Amazon.ca] Citizen Men's AT8020-03L Blue Angels World A-T Eco-Drive Watch $334

Cheapest price i've seen on this watch in a long time. For those without access to the warehouse sale.

Up to 20% off Watches at Amazon.
https://www.amazon.ca/deal/99a9fe87?ref ... est_pe_img
Last edited by TomRFD on Feb 16th, 2021 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
12 replies
Oct 29, 2019
249 posts
208 upvotes
Love these citizen radio controlled watches. I just took mine out from the “drawer” after a year of non-usage - the watch battery had drained and all it took was it to be exposed to sunlight for a few hours and it readjusts the time to an exact T as well as the Date (even considering leap year).
May 12, 2019
330 posts
434 upvotes
Does it come with a jeweller's loupe to actually read the watch or what
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4733 posts
1142 upvotes
Scarborough
Have this watch and a bunch of EcoDrive watches. EcoDrive is great. Don't have to worry about getting battery replaced. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's distinct looking enough that when you see someone else wearing one, you know it's the same watch...especially if it's someone you dislike...............
Nov 3, 2009
145 posts
28 upvotes
Montreal, QC
This is my favourite watch when I'm traveling. It is always synchronized to the correct time and adjusting it to the new time zone is a breeze.
Aug 30, 2020
654 posts
1002 upvotes
YEG/YYZ
Was excited for this deal, but not the strap version. Still upvote for OP
Apr 12, 2018
17 posts
13 upvotes
GateGuardian wrote: Have this watch and a bunch of EcoDrive watches. EcoDrive is great. Don't have to worry about getting battery replaced. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's distinct looking enough that when you see someone else wearing one, you know it's the same watch...especially if it's someone you dislike...............
Has the EcoDrive lifespan improved? My father had bought one in ~2006, and after 10 years the watch wouldn't hold enough charge without leaving it in direct sunlight for 2-3 hours each day (better in summer, much worse in winter). The "battery" wasn't user replaceable or easily sourced, and repair shops were quoting nearly the cost of the watch to repair it, without any guarantee that it'll work.
Jun 21, 2010
296 posts
140 upvotes
London
cmdrkeen01 wrote: Has the EcoDrive lifespan improved? My father had bought one in ~2006, and after 10 years the watch wouldn't hold enough charge without leaving it in direct sunlight for 2-3 hours each day (better in summer, much worse in winter). The "battery" wasn't user replaceable or easily sourced, and repair shops were quoting nearly the cost of the watch to repair it, without any guarantee that it'll work.
There is no"battery", the watch uses a capacitor for power. That is why no repair shop could fix it for you.
There is a lifetime guarantee on the capacitor with Citizen Canada.
All you father has to do is send the watch in with a copy of the receipt and they will replace the watch.
I had this one replaced last year.
Images
  • IMG_20210216_165533.jpg
Sep 9, 2008
315 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
"Operating temperature range is -10°C/14°F~+60°C/140°F"

dont go out shovelling snow in this one today
all your staples coupons are belong to us
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
1810 posts
574 upvotes
Toronto
EngineNo9 wrote: "Operating temperature range is -10°C/14°F~+60°C/140°F"

dont go out shovelling snow in this one today
Unless you're shovelling without a jacket and dangling it around your neck on a rope, it's fine...