Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Citizen Men's AW2047-51W Star Wars Limited Edition Watch by Japanese-Quartz Black Watch - $206.00

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2021 8:31 am
[OP]
Feb 3, 2019
923 posts
1793 upvotes
Canada

[Amazon.ca] Citizen Men's AW2047-51W Star Wars Limited Edition Watch by Japanese-Quartz Black Watch - $206.00

For star wars fans...star trek fans pls don't click the link

Looks like it's the lowest price according to CCC

Star wars by Citizen eco-drive
Case diameter: 43mm
Stainless steel case
Durable mineral crystal protects watch from scratches,
Water-resistant to 100m (330 feet)
Images
  • Untitled.jpg
Last edited by Mars2012 on Apr 13th, 2021 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link
Live a little
45 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15145 posts
6538 upvotes
Ottawa
I wasn't sure what is so "star wars" about this watch. It almost looks like a regular watch.
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3855 posts
2625 upvotes
Ontario
warpdrive wrote: I wasn't sure what is so "star wars" about this watch. It almost looks like a regular watch.
I'm too poor for these kind of items, but I would say this watch for sure gives off the old Retro Star Wars. Great colors and looks honestly to it. Not suppose to be flashy. Just an Adult with a little fun to it.
---
[OP]
Feb 3, 2019
923 posts
1793 upvotes
Canada
warpdrive wrote: I wasn't sure what is so "star wars" about this watch. It almost looks like a regular watch.
Here's the explanation from Citizen's website. It's all in the details...definitely sounds like a product you're not meant to purchase.

https://www.citizenwatch.com/ca/en/prod ... rs#start=3
Last edited by Jackji on Apr 13th, 2021 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Live a little
[OP]
Feb 3, 2019
923 posts
1793 upvotes
Canada
Just for a deal guru I'll even copy and paste the description from Citizens website.

Named for the planet Bespin, the watch's design visually recreates the orange pattern of the carbon-freezing chambers deep within the planet where Han Solo is encased in carbonite. A grey ion plated case and bracelet complement a black dial with orange hands, white markers and a blue and red light saber at 3 and 9 o'clock. The light sabers represent the most iconic battle in the Star Wars™ saga: the ultimate betrayal, where Luke learns Lord Vader is his father. The caseback is etched with the Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary logo. Featuring Eco-Drive technology – powered by any light, never needs a battery.
Live a little
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2269 posts
1287 upvotes
GTA
Dam OP. Must resist temptation.....
[OP]
Feb 3, 2019
923 posts
1793 upvotes
Canada
Akizuki wrote: Dam OP. Must resist temptation.....
The force is strong with this one...
Live a little
Aug 30, 2007
160 posts
178 upvotes
Calgary
This is not the watch you’re looking for...
Mar 29, 2011
69 posts
61 upvotes
ottawa
Eco-drive is awful. It will last 3 years, break, and when you go to get it repaired, a new movement will cost more than you paid in the first place...
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5787 posts
2023 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: Good value for money, but the Star Wars gimmick kills it for me.

A good man's watch is suppose to exude male maturity, seasoning, and refinement.

A Star Wars watch for adults...

Not surprised it's marked down heavily.
Ya Star Wars is for immature little kids only
[OP]
Feb 3, 2019
923 posts
1793 upvotes
Canada
redflagdealsguy wrote: Good value for money, but the Star Wars gimmick kills it for me.

A good man's watch is suppose to exude male maturity, seasoning, and refinement.

A Star Wars watch for adults...

Not surprised it's marked down heavily.
To each their own...I don't see a problem with a Star Wars themed well built watches for adults? I thought a good man's watch is one that makes them confident and tells the right time, didn't realize it had to "exude male maturity, seasoning and refinement"...
Live a little
Dec 23, 2015
84 posts
96 upvotes
toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote:
This sounds like a watch ad...from the 1920’s.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
3917 posts
3317 upvotes
No Bum Deals
fineloans wrote: What's unique about this? I don't get it.
They are paying Disney to use the rights. For a watch, that's unique, and so is the +$100 price point.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/10 - 1x Koodo 35/7 - 1x Fido Data 0/3 🢀
Jan 12, 2012
103 posts
67 upvotes
EDMONTON
redflagdealsguy wrote:
a good man's watch is something you enjoy wearing, regardless of what is on it.

male maturity...lol. sure, Jan.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2269 posts
1287 upvotes
GTA
This is a nice conversation starter as the contrasting colors will attract someones wondering eyes if they are watch aficionados.