Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Citizen Star Wars Eco Drive Watch Approx $270 40% Off

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2019 10:31 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13560 posts
4067 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Citizen Star Wars Eco Drive Watch Approx $270 40% Off

Amazon.ca has a lightning deal on the Star Wars series Citizen Eco Drive Watches. Supposedly they are limited edition, not sure how limited. I think there is a run of approx 2000 units each.

Not really for me, price is still too high for what you are getting (mineral crystal, quartz etc.) but I'm sure some Star Wars loving watch collectors will be into this.
Price ranges from $260 to $330 depending on style.

Lightning deal at Amazon.ca, roughly 40% off list price.

5 styles available.
Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 2nd, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added a retailer
24 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1720 posts
1319 upvotes
Waterloo
Kurtz7834 wrote: Amazon.ca has a lightning deal on the Star Wars series Citizen Eco Drive Watches. Supposedly they are limited edition, not sure how limited.

Not really for me, price is too high for what you are getting (mineral crystal, quartz etc.) but I'm sure some Star Wars loving watch collectors will be into this.
Price ranges from $260 to $330 depending on style.

Lightning deal at Amazon.ca, roughly 40% off list price.

5 styles available.
1977 each made. I have the solo and Skywalker ones. Going to buy these at lower and return mine. Thanks
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13560 posts
4067 upvotes
Toronto
Sicklyslick wrote: 1977 each made. I have the solo and Skywalker ones. Going to buy these at lower and return mine. Thanks
That's a smart move.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2015
2776 posts
2537 upvotes
Alberta
Very tempting. Thanks
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13560 posts
4067 upvotes
Toronto
I like the Boba Fett one best personally, but it's still more money than I want to spend on this watch, so I'll sit this one out. Hope other people can enjoy the deal.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2015
2776 posts
2537 upvotes
Alberta
I like the death star one. I already have a Nixon tie fighter that I barely wear.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13560 posts
4067 upvotes
Toronto
This bad boy Citizen Eco Drive Aviator was just $65 for Black Friday on Amazon.ca, I ordered it, deal is now dead.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00KCF7JL6/

But it shows that you are paying a big premium for the Star Wars branding, since the watches are of similar tech and quality.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8209 posts
1755 upvotes
Toronto
Be warned that some people have been receiving these Star Wars watches without the proper packaging. You should receive the Star Wars packaging, but others are getting generic Disney boxes.

These watches came out about two months ago. They are an amazon exclusive. They didn't sell out and after about a month they went down 40% for about 2 weeks before going back to regular price. I don't think think these are selling as well as they hoped.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13560 posts
4067 upvotes
Toronto
appleb wrote: Be warned that some people have been receiving these Star Wars watches without the proper packaging. You should receive the Star Wars packaging, but others are getting generic Disney boxes.

These watches came out about two months ago. They are an amazon exclusive. They didn't sell out and after about a month they went down 40% for about 2 weeks before going back to regular price. I don't think think these are selling as well as they hoped.
I'm pretty sure I saw the Boba Fett one at the Queen Street Hudson's Bay store over the weekend.

I guess Citizen is trying to get in on the limited edition craze that Seiko is profiting from. Citizen doesn't have the hard core fanboys that Seiko does though, or the pop culture history (Apocalypse Now, Predator etc.) so I guess it's not working for them.
Last edited by Kurtz7834 on Dec 2nd, 2019 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
Nov 16, 2016
716 posts
639 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I'm so tempted. Damn it!!

Between this and the Avengers watches.
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 11, 2009
4903 posts
1651 upvotes
Debtario
I'm a star wars fan, and I'm not even considering touching these. Specs are poor enough, but the design looks like a dog's breakfast of loosely themed colors. It's not tastefully done, would have been nice to see a first order insignia hologram dial and some more unique hands with some logo as a counterbalance etc.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13560 posts
4067 upvotes
Toronto
M1K3Z0R wrote: I'm a star wars fan, and I'm not even considering touching these. Specs are poor enough, but the design looks like a dog's breakfast of loosely themed colors. It's not tastefully done, would have been nice to see a first order insignia hologram dial and some more unique hands with some logo as a counterbalance etc.
The watches are decent quality, like all Citizen eco drive. Like Seiko limited editions, they are overpriced for their specs, but it's not nearly as bad as the Seiko Apocalypse Now watch etc.

I don't really love the designs personally.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 17, 2007
2743 posts
978 upvotes
M1K3Z0R wrote: I'm a star wars fan, and I'm not even considering touching these. Specs are poor enough, but the design looks like a dog's breakfast of loosely themed colors. It's not tastefully done, would have been nice to see a first order insignia hologram dial and some more unique hands with some logo as a counterbalance etc.
Dog's breakfast is too polite, this thing is a mismash of bad ideas.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13560 posts
4067 upvotes
Toronto
ph00p wrote: Dog's breakfast is too polite, this thing is a mismash of bad ideas.
(Shrug) This stuff is subjective, lots of people think a Seiko Tuna is a beautiful watch to wear with a suit, lol.

Like anything with watches, some will like the design, some not. I'm not ordering due to price though.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 3, 2006
5179 posts
1526 upvotes
M1K3Z0R wrote: I'm a star wars fan, and I'm not even considering touching these. Specs are poor enough, but the design looks like a dog's breakfast of loosely themed colors. It's not tastefully done, would have been nice to see a first order insignia hologram dial and some more unique hands with some logo as a counterbalance etc.
There's definitely something off about the designs...they just aren't hitting the appeal in me that is usually so easy to hit with Star Wars cross-branding. I've seen it a lot lately in other products too.

The coolest thing about these watches is the lightsaber used on the Skywalker watch. Too bad. Missed opportunity here. Vader's has it somewhat...still a miss for me.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*

Top