[Amazon.ca] Civilization 6 For Nintendo Switch - $49.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 11th, 2019 9:27 am
[OP]
Jul 20, 2010
354 posts
218 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Civilization 6 For Nintendo Switch - $49.99

Lowest on CCC, and now they support save linking between steam and the switch!
Last edited by infinityloop on Apr 5th, 2019 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
20 replies
Aug 17, 2007
234 posts
193 upvotes
I know Switch games rarely go on sale so it is a bit of a deal if you're going to pick it up anyway. If you can wait, it was $50 (I believe) on Boxing Day at EB and it was on sale for about the same on the eShop so it might go on sale again at some point.
Mar 21, 2019
3 posts
19 upvotes
This goes down to 59.99 regularly (last on March 27th) and has been seen at 49.99(March 17th) and even 39.99 before (Best Buy Black Friday), so this is a bit of a deal but it was better a week ago and likely will be next week too.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1240 posts
850 upvotes
Quebec City
2K games drop quite fast generally, if you can wait a bit longer, you should.
Jul 4, 2007
378 posts
192 upvotes
Saskatoon
I picked this up from the library to try it out. I've never played a Civilization game before and found even the tutorial a bit difficult to get through. I didn't really know what a lot of the icons on the screen were for and didn't think it explained them very well. I think I need to learn on PC before I can try the switch version again. Something like hovering tool tips would really help.
May 10, 2010
566 posts
853 upvotes
London
Since this isn't a 1st party game, it'll go on sale for a better price. It's already been on sale for around $50 before.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2002
1815 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
How long does a game take and is it good on the switch?
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
2789 posts
995 upvotes
This has 0 dlc, there is a TON and a few expansions now, this price isn't hot at all.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11696 posts
1582 upvotes
ph00p wrote: This has 0 dlc, there is a TON and a few expansions now, this price isn't hot at all.
I wanted to buy this but doing a bit of reading it sounds like there won't be any expansion on this. Not worth it? I don't have any other console or computer to buy on
Nov 14, 2017
596 posts
846 upvotes
Vancouver
chowder wrote: How long does a game take and is it good on the switch?
Anywhere from 1 to 1,000 hours
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11696 posts
1582 upvotes
ph00p wrote: This has 0 dlc, there is a TON and a few expansions now, this price isn't hot at all.
I believe the switch version has 4 DLC included already but nothing else and no expansion. I'm debating still....does the expansion make the game much better?
Apr 18, 2011
342 posts
124 upvotes
Red Deer
slowtyper wrote: I believe the switch version has 4 DLC included already but nothing else and no expansion. I'm debating still....does the expansion make the game much better?
Both expansions greatly enhance the game. Much better
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8339 posts
5147 upvotes
Toronto
$50 for a downgraded port of a near 3 year old PC game that was included in the $12 Humble monthly back in Jan 2018? Switch game prices are atrocious and this is one of the worse "deals" I've ever seen
Dec 2, 2012
88 posts
134 upvotes
The game was $39.99 as an unadvertised door crasher at Best Buy on Black Friday.

In terms of the two expansions, nothing official has really been said either way. This past week the game added the ability for cloud saves to move between the Switch and PC and back. That is definitely a sign that they are still working on the game and could be an early indication that the second expansion is coming.

In terms of the Civ series they release a base game, then add extra rules, units, leaders, etc in the first expansion. The second expansion then builds off the changes from the first expansion. If you have the base game and only the second expansion you play with all the rule changes but can be missing things like leaders.

In terms of porting to the Switch, the developers could focus on only the second expansion in terms of their effort and bundle in all the content from both as the only reason it gets excluded on the PC side is for marketing reasons.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1415 posts
1561 upvotes
VANCOUVER
slowtyper wrote: I believe the switch version has 4 DLC included already but nothing else and no expansion. I'm debating still....does the expansion make the game much better?
I see two expansions available for purchase listed on the nintendo site:
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/c ... -vi-switch

Are these not the DLC you were referring to?

Also the game got a 9.4 on the Switch so seems pretty good:
https://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/11/15/ ... for-switch
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1240 posts
850 upvotes
Quebec City
The last expansion on PC is Gathering Storm and it's not worth it (from a Civ fan from the first one). Too much issues right now, wait 2-3 patchs.