Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Civilization VI for Nintendo Switch $39.99 (50% off) - Amazon.ca

  • Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2019 4:42 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Oct 16, 2018
103 posts
94 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Civilization VI for Nintendo Switch $39.99 (50% off) - Amazon.ca

Great game for a great price. Haven't played the Switch version but it got great reviews. Says ships within 1-4 weeks.
16 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2011
1040 posts
1254 upvotes
This game is better playing at iPad IMO.
Newbie
Nov 15, 2014
63 posts
55 upvotes
Calgary
EBgames and Best Buy are selling for the same price.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
6425 posts
1052 upvotes
I got it for my iPad Pro. It's a great game but slows down when there are too much going on later in the game. Someone said the Switch version is more optimized for the platform, not sure how true is that.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8122 posts
4753 upvotes
Toronto
$40+ tax for a downgraded port of a game that came out nearly 3 years ago sounds like an ice cold deal to me
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
6425 posts
1052 upvotes
ReeGee wrote: $40+ tax for a downgraded port of a game that came out nearly 3 years ago sounds like an ice cold deal to me
This is not a game selling crazy graphic, so as long as the game is amazing, I personally don't care when it came out. I think so far there aren't another similar game that surpasses it.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 1, 2002
8939 posts
5358 upvotes
Toronto
Can’t imagine this being a good experience on the tiny screen or using a gamepad, would highly recommend for PC instead. $26 on Steam and it’s likely been cheaper than that.

Edit: Previous link was for EU version, might as well buy straight from Steam.
Last edited by Angultra on May 14th, 2019 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 19, 2009
5991 posts
1849 upvotes
Scarborough
Angultra wrote: Can’t imagine this being a good experience on the tiny screen or using a gamepad, would highly recommend for PC instead. $16 on cdkeys and it’s likely been cheaper than that.
Part of the draw is the portability - Having the ability to play games during downtime such as a commute comes at a premium
Jr. Member
User avatar
Mar 11, 2014
163 posts
27 upvotes
Ottawa
You can also save your game on PC and continue that saved game on the switch and vice versa, cross-platform cloud saving. Thats why Im thinking of buying the switch version too.
Member
Jul 7, 2011
248 posts
143 upvotes
Montreal
psincennes wrote: You can also save your game on PC and continue that saved game on the switch and vice versa, cross-platform cloud saving. Thats why Im thinking of buying the switch version too.
Woah, that's actually a nice feature. Damn, should not have click that thread.
Member
User avatar
Oct 18, 2012
458 posts
416 upvotes
Montréal
Civilization VI Gold Edition is currently 38.69+tax on Steam
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2531 posts
1881 upvotes
Prince George
psincennes wrote: You can also save your game on PC and continue that saved game on the switch and vice versa, cross-platform cloud saving. Thats why Im thinking of buying the switch version too.
For save game compatibility, you have to have the same expansions/mods/DLC on both though. On the PC you’re probably going to be playing Gathering Storm so unless/until that comes out for the Switch, you wouldn’t be able to continue your PC game. Other way would work if you disable the expansions on the PC.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Mar 11, 2014
163 posts
27 upvotes
Ottawa
cheaper_than_cheap wrote: For save game compatibility, you have to have the same expansions/mods/DLC on both though. On the PC you’re probably going to be playing Gathering Storm so unless/until that comes out for the Switch, you wouldn’t be able to continue your PC game. Other way would work if you disable the expansions on the PC.
Thats what I am doing yes, Im only playing with the base game. No DLCs. No problem with that at all. Love being able to continue my game on the go.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8122 posts
4753 upvotes
Toronto
Angultra wrote: Can’t imagine this being a good experience on the tiny screen or using a gamepad, would highly recommend for PC instead. $26 on Steam and it’s likely been cheaper than that.

Edit: Previous link was for EU version, might as well buy straight from Steam.
It was in the $15 tier of a Humble Bundle including a dozen other strategy games. Paying more than double for a downgraded worse version of the game on its own seems like an atrocious deal in comparison. Crazy how Nintendo marketing has successfully flipped the concept of downgrading old games to run on worse hardware as a "premium" feature which costs more instead of less like it should
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
1311 posts
890 upvotes
Orleans, ON
ReeGee wrote: It was in the $15 tier of a Humble Bundle including a dozen other strategy games. Paying more than double for a downgraded worse version of the game on its own seems like an atrocious deal in comparison. Crazy how Nintendo marketing has successfully flipped the concept of downgrading old games to run on worse hardware as a "premium" feature which costs more instead of less like it should
Just because your PC runs Civ6 on recommended settings, doesn't mean every Nintendo Switch users does.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
6425 posts
1052 upvotes
I'm sure people want to carry the Switch more than a laptop for this game around. Not everyone has the time to sit at home to play it.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8122 posts
4753 upvotes
Toronto
Kevin8se7en wrote:
Just because your PC runs Civ6 on recommended settings, doesn't mean every Nintendo Switch users does.
golden wrote: I'm sure people want to carry the Switch more than a laptop for this game around. Not everyone has the time to sit at home to play it.
I entirely understand the appeal of wanting to own old games on Switch. My point is downgrading a game to low-med settings so it's playable on slower hardware is an effort that should cost significantly less instead of more. If more people thought about this logically and voted with their wallets maybe you'd stop seeing ancient games like Skyrim being sold for $80 in 2019

Top