Jan 14, 2013
273 posts
248 upvotes

Clarisonic Mia 1 Facial Cleansing System $84.50

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Amazon.ca
This original series cleansing system is discontinued and being replaced by the Mia Prima ($130).
I have both the Mia 1 and the Prima, I prefer the original listed in the link, as it has one speed, less complicated, cheaper. All the brush heads work on the original so why pay more? White only available in this deal.
31 replies
Jul 14, 2008
51 posts
8 upvotes
Oakville
I am interested in this but turned off by the reviews....
Nov 28, 2013
87 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
One review says it is a fake. the other says it stopped working

"I revived a fake ..buyer be aware
i was beyond embarrassed , since it was a gift
we could not register the warranty , its a invalid lot code
super disappointed
i am rethinking my purchases in the future with Amazon"
[OP]
Jan 14, 2013
273 posts
248 upvotes
I am not worried about the review re:fake since I already have one (previously purchased from Amazon and can assure you it is the real deal, not fake).
As well Clarisonic.ca themselves had this model for the same price recently, although they ran out of stock, and the reason I found the amazon.ca option.

As for the product reviews, I believe they found the brush head harsh, as in the pressure on the skin.
At first when I used it I did as well, but after the 2-3 times I used it, I actually ended up using a stiffer brush head that gently exfoliates my skin better: deep pore brush head.
Ultimately you get used to it and my acne prone skin (yes even at age 46) is looking much better, no more massive breakouts anymore, skin looks more balanced - I have been using the Mia system for 3+ years now.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1161 posts
1007 upvotes
I have the Prima with the radiance brush and I love it. After a single application, my skin looks and feels a lot cleaner and it has a healthy glow due to the extra dirt being removed. after 1-2 weeks you will see a very noticeable reduction in pores. Skin just looks younger. Very good device imo and so quick to use.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
4698 posts
1452 upvotes
Canuckland
Garbage product, don’t expect it to last more than a year.

The battery is non replaceable
[OP]
Jan 14, 2013
273 posts
248 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote:
Mar 30th, 2019 12:16 pm

We’re all entitled to our opinion, although after using my Mia 1 for 3 years and still strong, I know that the product is reliable.
Hoping others have great results as well!
Jun 17, 2017
16 posts
11 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote:
Mar 30th, 2019 12:16 pm

I have a Mia 1 for four or five years now, almost daily use, and battery is fantastic. Cant recall exact interval but its overnight recharge and lasts about 3 or 4 months. I have taken it to travel for months without bringing the charger.

One speed is all you really need tbh. You can change the brush to be more or less gentler depending on how deep you want to clean.
Apr 16, 2007
621 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
I found the men’s version online for $140 down from $190. It’s different from the ladies’ version in that the shape of the unit is smaller and the brush head is softer. Does anyone know if $140 is a good deal for the men’s or is it out there for less?

Deal only good till tomorrow...
[OP]
Jan 14, 2013
273 posts
248 upvotes
mark2000 wrote:
Mar 30th, 2019 2:12 pm
I found the men’s version online for $140 down from $190. It’s different from the ladies’ version in that the shape of the unit is smaller and the brush head is softer. Does anyone know if $140 is a good deal for the men’s or is it out there for less?

Hi Mark,
I regrettably have no experience with the male version at all!but wonder why not get the Mia 1 at $60 reduction, no one gonna see you use it (or maybe they will, and you don’t care?). They provide the same function.

Reminds me of when we purchased our car, the dealership looks to me and asks me what color I want. I laughed and said I don’t care, but if you’ll give me a discount on the demo, I’ll take that (and that’s what we did). I don’t care about looks, I care abut function and budget, but again, that’s me.

Have a great weekend!
Aug 28, 2014
41 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
How is this different with the $4 version from dollar store?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
5891 posts
499 upvotes
Ajax, ON
mark2000 wrote:
Mar 30th, 2019 2:12 pm

Forget the men's version, just get this and it'll feel more comfortable in your hand if it's bigger.
Apr 16, 2007
621 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
Ya but I want something smaller to travel with and also I read the men’s version comes with a different brush suitable for beard hair and also, a 60 and 80 second timer, whereas the ladies’ has a 60 second.

I know I could find workarounds with the ladies, like ordering the men’s brush separately, and timing it myself, but it’s just more convenient. I have nothing against using products marketed toward ladies - I use Biore face products already. But the men’s version does seem to have some Advantages.

I don’t know if it’s a hot deal, but I’ll post the link anyway. Valid until Sunday.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/cl ... 98027.aspx

I wouldn’t have found out about this if the OP hadn't posted this thread, so thanks OP.
[OP]
Jan 14, 2013
273 posts
248 upvotes
mark2000 wrote:
Mar 31st, 2019 12:24 am
Ya but I want something smaller to travel with and also I read the men’s version comes with a different brush suitable for beard hair and also, a 60 and 80 second timer, whereas the ladies’ has a 60 second.
Thanks for posting the link/model: Alpha Fit.
I did a bit of research and this is an amazing price for this model, cheapest I could find it was in March 2017 for $131 US
Lilnk

I would say go for it for this price and model.
Aug 27, 2009
613 posts
451 upvotes
Toronto
BowlofSoup wrote:
Mar 30th, 2019 5:59 pm
How is this different with the $4 version from dollar store?
I had the Mia 1 and it died after maybe 20 uses over less than a year. It has a 21% 1 star rating on Amazon.com with 775 ratings so apparently I'm not the only one. I ended up just using the brush head with no base or motor and it works just as well tbh. You can find similar non motorized brush heads at winners or maybe the dollar store that I would think work just as good, so yeah that would be the rfd way.