Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

CLIF BAR - Energy Bars - (68 Gram Protein Bars, 12 Count) $9.98 (17% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2021 6:03 pm
[OP]
Dec 3, 2018
52 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] CLIF BAR - Energy Bars - (68 Gram Protein Bars, 12 Count) $9.98 (17% off)

Capture.PNG

Similar pricing at Loblaws as well and other groceries stores as well:
- https://www.loblaws.ca/search?search-bar=clif
Last edited by GateronYellow on Jan 11th, 2021 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
62 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1567 posts
7102 upvotes
Of the first six ingredients (brown rice syrup, rolled oats, soy protein isolate, cane syrup, roasted soybeans, cane sugar), SUGAR appears three times under different pseudonyms. Yikes.

This is a nice candy bar, no doubt. Active people can enjoy in moderation.

Most people, with it being winter and with gyms being closed in many parts of the country, should likely avoid these, unless they are mindfully indulging in an occasional treat. But then, there are better treat options than this, IMHO.

Afiyet olsun!
Mar 21, 2018
48 posts
144 upvotes
Literally the energy is from sugar. Tried many different brand, either too sweet or taste weird. I would pass.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3373 posts
3852 upvotes
I can vouch for the brownie one, it tastes just like a good brownie. I wouldn't eat this is a healthy bar, but I'd take it as a healthier alternative to Mars or Snickers, so it's fine occasionally.

The Luna bars (also made by Cliff) are healthier and taste awesome. I really like these ones: https://www.amazon.ca/LUNA-BAR-Gluten-L ... 160&sr=8-1
Last edited by thelasthunter on Jan 11th, 2021 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2159 posts
2259 upvotes
that little bar has 21 grams of sugar. jesus
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3639 posts
7109 upvotes
simplealgebra wrote: How is this 68g protein?
If you eat an entire box you prob get about 68g of protein
Public Mobile customer
Jan 12, 2011
135 posts
101 upvotes
Sainte-Thérèse
68g of protein and 252g of sugar Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2003
1389 posts
347 upvotes
Ottawa
coopercold wrote: Of the first six ingredients (brown rice syrup, rolled oats, soy protein isolate, cane syrup, roasted soybeans, cane sugar), SUGAR appears three times under different pseudonyms. Yikes.

Most people, with it being winter and with gyms being closed in many parts of the country, should likely avoid these, unless they are mindfully indulging in an occasional treat. But then, there are better treat options than this, IMHO.

Afiyet olsun!

So what’s a good one with low sugar?
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
4524 posts
6873 upvotes
BC
oceans_end wrote: So what’s a good one with low sugar?
Quest bars are good but pricey, Kirkland protein bars would be a cheaper option (if they fixed the farting issue)
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
4290 posts
1375 upvotes
Brampton
These and the case of rice-a-roni will feed me for a week.

Seriously, its an energy bar = sugar. It also has other nutrients that will help keep you going.
These are meant for carrying on high energy activities like long distance cycling or climbing to prevent bonking out. Ive been very happy with them for decades.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Jun 17, 2003
640 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto, ON
simplealgebra wrote: How is this 68g protein?
Each bar weighs 68 grams. They are classified as protein bars. Each bar, from what I've seen on the nutrition labels, have 10 grams of protein.

I like the Chocolate Almond Fudge Clif bars. I'm not a fan of buying food from Amazon, but this is a great price. Thanks OP.
Mar 23, 2017
923 posts
1652 upvotes
Toronto
just so people are clear, it's a protein bar that weighs 68 grams and has 10 grams of protein.
Dec 14, 2007
605 posts
571 upvotes
Why do we have to go through this nutritional nonsense every time a clif bar deal is posted? They serve a purpose, this is a good deal for them. The end.
Feb 19, 2019
153 posts
300 upvotes
freewheel wrote: Why do we have to go through this nutritional nonsense every time a clif bar deal is posted? They serve a purpose, this is a good deal for them. The end.
It's only because the title is misleading...
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3614 posts
1400 upvotes
Montreal
these are life saver for hikers and those who quite active. I guess they can also replace a meal during a day.
Apr 24, 2013
706 posts
414 upvotes
Waterloo
I am not saying that ppl on this thread are like that but when I hear ppl talking about sugar and at the same time having a soda can every single day with their lunch makes me puke.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2009
2117 posts
934 upvotes
coopercold wrote: Of the first six ingredients (brown rice syrup, rolled oats, soy protein isolate, cane syrup, roasted soybeans, cane sugar), SUGAR appears three times under different pseudonyms. Yikes.

Afiyet olsun!
Sugar is the best form of energy, ignore the ignorant anticarb people. People eat way worse stuff on a regular basis. You should be more concerned with the fat content.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4250 posts
1410 upvotes
Vancouver
Guys, these are not "protein bars," they are "energy bars." Their primary purpose is not to be eaten as a snack post-workout for recovery/muscle building. These are loaded with CARBS, essential as fuel for activities like hiking and cycling long distances.
Removed external link in signature.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)