• Last Updated:
  • Apr 19th, 2020 11:05 am
[OP]
Jan 3, 2013
756 posts
2666 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Clover Leaf Flake Light Tuna in Water, 6 Count $7.24

Canned tuna just got restocked on Amazon. It has been temporarily sold out for more than two weeks now. It comes out to $1.21 per can, limit is 6 packs of 6.

Good chance to grab some since many stores are limiting tuna to 2 cans per grocery trip.

Clover Leaf Flake Light Tuna in Water, 6 Count https://www.amazon.ca/Clover-Leaf-Flake ... B07655YZGW
26 replies
[OP]
Jan 3, 2013
756 posts
2666 upvotes
Toronto
Delivery has slipped from next Tuesday to before May 22nd.
Jan 13, 2013
586 posts
347 upvotes
Vancouver
What's the difference between expensive and cheap canned tuna? I've bought no name stuff before and after I put dill, onions, celery, and mayo in it, it tasted just fine. Is the yellow label stuff made with Springfield three-eyed fish or something?
Jul 31, 2016
457 posts
800 upvotes
Whitby
My family prefers Unico because it has the tuna in oil
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1009 upvotes
Saskatoon
Amazon has lost its appeal to me.
This is crazy, one month delivery with prime.
No need to type thank you; upvote=thanks.
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

“Because gold is honest money it is disliked by dishonest men.” – R. Paul
Jul 16, 2019
114 posts
135 upvotes
Bencherstyle wrote: Whats wrong with skipjack?
Personally not a big fun of skipjack/light chunk tuna. It’s much fishier tasting and mushier than albacore/white tuna. Granted that is reflected in the price But from what I can tell Skipjack is in stock various places on Amazon currently while albacore is sold out.
Last edited by Chonksplonket on Apr 18th, 2020 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
2438 posts
574 upvotes
Thornhill
Chonksplonket wrote: Personally not a big fun of skipjack/light chunk tuna. It’s much fishier tasting and mushier than albacore/white tuna. Granted that is reflected in the price But from what I can tell Skipjack is in stock various places on Amazon currently while albacore is sold out.

If you enjoy it, awesome! I was just bummed when I clicked the link and it was skipjack that’s what I said “bummer that it’s skipjack” to save anyone like myself the click.
Makes sense.
I usually make tuna sandwich so the texture doesnt really matter for me.

Also im under the impression skipjack is better in terms of mercury content, but i dont eat tuna that much so it doesnt really matter i suppose.

Watch your mercury content ppl! Serious shits.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4777 posts
1431 upvotes
Kitchener
About $10/kg... Is this cheaper than Costco?
This space is intentionally left blank.
Jul 16, 2019
114 posts
135 upvotes
Bencherstyle wrote: Makes sense.
I usually make tuna sandwich so the texture doesnt really matter for me.

Also im under the impression skipjack is better in terms of mercury content, but i dont eat tuna that much so it doesnt really matter i suppose.

Watch your mercury content ppl! Serious shits.
You are absolutely correct albacore has about 3x the mercury content of skipjack. Also in fairness to the OP it does say light chunk in the title, so that’s kinda my bad in the first place for not noticing.
Mar 7, 2011
675 posts
472 upvotes
Winnipeg
biggerthanfun wrote: What's the difference between expensive and cheap canned tuna? I've bought no name stuff before and after I put dill, onions, celery, and mayo in it, it tasted just fine. Is the yellow label stuff made with Springfield three-eyed fish or something?
The amount of money you are donating to corporate greed, markup, and the brand name.
Apr 11, 2019
222 posts
216 upvotes
biggerthanfun wrote: What's the difference between expensive and cheap canned tuna? I've bought no name stuff before and after I put dill, onions, celery, and mayo in it, it tasted just fine. Is the yellow label stuff made with Springfield three-eyed fish or something?
in most cases, brand name anything is simply that. they have a name so they have to live up to it or that name becomes worthless. this tends to mean more stringent quality control and better customer service. for food though, there's usually also slight differences in their recipes and their food processing so it often has slight differences in taste although the no name stuff is usually pretty damn good at emulating the recipes.

and thanks op. i just bought a pack on amazon so i could also get a bunch of add on stuff. good price too. though delivery like someone else said is may lmao
Zoomer Wireless - $36/month|800 Minutes|5GB Data|Unlimited Texts
Jun 18, 2013
258 posts
65 upvotes
I haven't bought these in a while, but aren't they usually less than a dollar each when there's a decent deal going on?
[OP]
Jan 3, 2013
756 posts
2666 upvotes
Toronto
UND3AD wrote: I haven't bought these in a while, but aren't they usually less than a dollar each when there's a decent deal going on?
The lowest they go is $1.00, this isn't far off at $1.21 and is a very good price. Currently $1.47 each at Walmart, $2.39 at Loblaws.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/clover-lea ... 0074943818
https://www.loblaws.ca/Food/Pantry/Cann ... 0573583_EA

But the main advantage is delivery and being able to order dozens. There is a limit of two single cans at my local Loblaws in Toronto, maybe different at other stores.

IMG_0650.jpeg
Jun 18, 2013
258 posts
65 upvotes
Maybe the confinement is making me go crazy but pretty sure I've seen them at $0.8X before but yeah no time machine, and delivery and quantity limit during these times
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
2060 posts
1100 upvotes
SW ON
Chonksplonket wrote: Personally not a big fun of skipjack/light chunk tuna. It’s much fishier tasting
Interesting that you don't like that fish tastes like fish. Why bother with fish then?
May 31, 2012
125 posts
40 upvotes
This is regular price for Amazon. I've ordered before, prepare to receive at least 2 dented cans. Also product of Thailand for people interested.
Jul 16, 2019
114 posts
135 upvotes
alpovs wrote: Interesting that you don't like that fish tastes like fish. Why bother with fish then?
What a woke and clever question! You musta smirked pretty good writing that one? Unamused Face
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2575 posts
2039 upvotes
Clarington
alpovs wrote: Interesting that you don't like that fish tastes like fish. Why bother with fish then?
He prefers the taste of one over the other - he's allowed his opinion. Different fishes have different tastes.

Go judge people elsewhere.