• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2020 1:55 pm
[OP]
Apr 27, 2013
649 posts
994 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon.ca] Clover Leaf Light Tuna Olive Oil & Thai Chili 24 cans $23.76

Price is right, flavour is great and lid very easy to open no can opener needed.
24 cans for $23.76

Olive Oil
https://www.amazon.ca/Clover-Leaf-Solid ... ery&sr=1-1

Thai Chili
https://www.amazon.ca/Clover-Leaf-Flake ... ery&sr=1-3
Last edited by namomaz on Jul 2nd, 2020 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
73 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
2979 posts
3798 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Should probably put price in the title
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2582 posts
1985 upvotes
YYZ
question is this better than rio mare tuna?
Licensed Full Service Realtor
[OP]
Apr 27, 2013
649 posts
994 upvotes
Montreal
bLuPhYrE wrote: question is this better than rio mare tuna?
Imo Rio Mare is better but not by far.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2064 posts
14040 upvotes
Great deal - to those on the fence about the Thai Chili, it tastes fine, but know that it's just sugar added to the tuna to make it taste like that.

You could always just add your own thai chili sauce to the "plain olive oil" one when you open it, or whatever other toppings you want.

Nov 10, 2011
998 posts
993 upvotes
St. Catharines
This Amazon deal may be to match this week's special at Zehrs (and probably Loblaws). Clover Leaf tuna 85g or 170g $1.

Also, I know that it's probably obvious, but should mention somewhere that it is 24 cans for 23.76.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some days I think that I am the only person who knows how to use Google.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
6328 posts
6691 upvotes
Toronto
namomaz wrote: Price is right, flavour is great and lid very easy to open no can opener needed.
Unless your fingers are wet or greasy. In which case you need pliers to grab the pull tab.
Si Tacuisses, Philosophus Mansisses
Oct 17, 2006
678 posts
439 upvotes
Toronto
FYI these are the very small tins, tasty, often see them at SDM on sale for .99
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2018
1459 posts
3851 upvotes
YOOOO this is back on sale!!!!???? That must mean that my man Moe is sitting somewhere thrilled right now!
Context:
You already know I gotta link my man Moe the tuna enthusiast and olive oil supremacist for the uninitiated
Now you know, Stop eating tuna like plebs
I have spoken
Dec 10, 2009
338 posts
552 upvotes
I think most people are better off buying the $0.99 deals. 24 cans of the same flavor is quite a bit, personally I prefer a variety of flavours
Dec 7, 2003
878 posts
123 upvotes
Is having the tuna stored in olive oil really worth double the price (or having half as much in a can)?
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2005
1266 posts
1172 upvotes
MasterAvatar wrote: Is having the tuna stored in olive oil really worth double the price (or having half as much in a can)?
Yes, 100%. Tuna in olive oil demolishes tuna in water, both in flavour and texture. I don't say that lightly.

If you'd like a compromise, Clover Leaf makes a broth/oil tuna which is quite good, and often goes on sale at most grocery stores. It's my third pick after Rio Mare and OP's Clover Leaf w/ Olive Oil:

https://www.cloverleaf.ca/en/products/c ... -broth-oil
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2005
1266 posts
1172 upvotes
bLuPhYrE wrote: question is this better than rio mare tuna?
I actually did a little comparison between this and Rio Mare after the last tuna thread, and decided Rio Mare is hands down better.

Is it twice the price better? I think it depends on your application. But Rio Mare is — distinctly, as far as I'm concerned — better.

Personally I am not too price sensitive, so I switched, for what it's worth.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1440 posts
2743 upvotes
s'toon
Recoil wrote: I actually did a little comparison between this and Rio Mare after the last tuna thread, and decided Rio Mare is hands down better.

Is it twice the price better? I think it depends on your application. But Rio Mare is — distinctly, as far as I'm concerned — better.

Personally I am not too price sensitive, so I switched, for what it's worth.
'not too price sensitive' but an RFD vet
Deal Fanatic
May 26, 2009
5968 posts
1989 upvotes
Toronto
almasyseifer wrote: YOOOO this is back on sale!!!!???? That must mean that my man Moe is sitting somewhere thrilled right now!
Context:
You already know I gotta link my man Moe the tuna enthusiast and olive oil supremacist for the uninitiated

Now you know, Stop eating tuna like plebs
*Looks at my Premium Plus crackers and opened can of tuna*

Sad.
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2486 upvotes
Recoil wrote: Yes, 100%. Tuna in olive oil demolishes tuna in water, both in flavour and texture. I don't say that lightly.

If you'd like a compromise, Clover Leaf makes a broth/oil tuna which is quite good, and often goes on sale at most grocery stores. It's my third pick after Rio Mare and OP's Clover Leaf w/ Olive Oil:

https://www.cloverleaf.ca/en/products/c ... -broth-oil
Can you put it in olive oil yourself or si it some special process that affects flavour?
Dec 25, 2017
453 posts
1068 upvotes
DO NOT BUY THE THAI CHILI, IT IS LEGITIMATELY DISGUSTING.
I have only ate one and I can tell you this is a taste that is very specific to another culture. I would be surprised if more than 40% of white people even like this.

The basic brand is amazing though.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
4055 posts
3861 upvotes
Toronto
whats the consensus on skipjack vs other types of tuna?
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2005
1266 posts
1172 upvotes
Seanne wrote: 'not too price sensitive' but an RFD vet
Gotta have a hobby, right?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)