[Amazon.ca] Clover Leaf Light Tuna Olive Oil & Thai Chili 24 cans $23.76

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2020 1:55 pm
[OP]
Apr 27, 2013
465 posts
501 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Clover Leaf Light Tuna Olive Oil & Thai Chili 24 cans $23.76

Price is right, flavour is great and lid very easy to open no can opener needed.
24 cans for $23.76

Olive Oil
https://www.amazon.ca/Clover-Leaf-Solid ... ery&sr=1-1

Thai Chili
https://www.amazon.ca/Clover-Leaf-Flake ... ery&sr=1-3
Last edited by namomaz on Jul 2nd, 2020 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
73 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1476 posts
1224 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Should probably put price in the title
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1870 posts
865 upvotes
YYZ
question is this better than rio mare tuna?
[OP]
Apr 27, 2013
465 posts
501 upvotes
bLuPhYrE wrote: question is this better than rio mare tuna?
Imo Rio Mare is better but not by far.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1637 posts
8366 upvotes
Great deal - to those on the fence about the Thai Chili, it tastes fine, but know that it's just sugar added to the tuna to make it taste like that.

You could always just add your own thai chili sauce to the "plain olive oil" one when you open it, or whatever other toppings you want.

Nov 10, 2011
489 posts
429 upvotes
St. Catharines
This Amazon deal may be to match this week's special at Zehrs (and probably Loblaws). Clover Leaf tuna 85g or 170g $1.

Also, I know that it's probably obvious, but should mention somewhere that it is 24 cans for 23.76.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some days I think that I am the only person who knows how to use Google.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
5678 posts
5815 upvotes
Toronto
namomaz wrote: Price is right, flavour is great and lid very easy to open no can opener needed.
Unless your fingers are wet or greasy. In which case you need pliers to grab the pull tab.
A glass of wine with you, sir, and the ladies I'll enjoy.
Revolutionary times must on occasion make do with considerable abridgements in order to accentuate the political line more strongly.
Oct 17, 2006
614 posts
294 upvotes
Toronto
FYI these are the very small tins, tasty, often see them at SDM on sale for .99
Sep 26, 2018
799 posts
1779 upvotes
YOOOO this is back on sale!!!!???? That must mean that my man Moe is sitting somewhere thrilled right now!
Context:
You already know I gotta link my man Moe the tuna enthusiast and olive oil supremacist for the uninitiated
Now you know, Stop eating tuna like plebs
I have spoken
Dec 10, 2009
312 posts
471 upvotes
I think most people are better off buying the $0.99 deals. 24 cans of the same flavor is quite a bit, personally I prefer a variety of flavours
Dec 7, 2003
853 posts
100 upvotes
Is having the tuna stored in olive oil really worth double the price (or having half as much in a can)?
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2005
1110 posts
754 upvotes
MasterAvatar wrote: Is having the tuna stored in olive oil really worth double the price (or having half as much in a can)?
Yes, 100%. Tuna in olive oil demolishes tuna in water, both in flavour and texture. I don't say that lightly.

If you'd like a compromise, Clover Leaf makes a broth/oil tuna which is quite good, and often goes on sale at most grocery stores. It's my third pick after Rio Mare and OP's Clover Leaf w/ Olive Oil:

https://www.cloverleaf.ca/en/products/c ... -broth-oil
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2005
1110 posts
754 upvotes
bLuPhYrE wrote: question is this better than rio mare tuna?
I actually did a little comparison between this and Rio Mare after the last tuna thread, and decided Rio Mare is hands down better.

Is it twice the price better? I think it depends on your application. But Rio Mare is — distinctly, as far as I'm concerned — better.

Personally I am not too price sensitive, so I switched, for what it's worth.
May 2, 2017
583 posts
883 upvotes
Recoil wrote: I actually did a little comparison between this and Rio Mare after the last tuna thread, and decided Rio Mare is hands down better.

Is it twice the price better? I think it depends on your application. But Rio Mare is — distinctly, as far as I'm concerned — better.

Personally I am not too price sensitive, so I switched, for what it's worth.
'not too price sensitive' but an RFD vet