• Jul 26th, 2020 4:03 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1365 posts
3609 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon.ca] Clover Leaf Solid Light Tuna in Olive Oil, 24 Count | $23.28

The deal’s back again, in case anyone missed it or wants to restock.

Personally, it I eat this very regularly in a salad. Perfect for when I’m in a hurry or just need my protein macro target met.

The flavourfulness of canned tuna stored in olive oil seems to be far superior than the water stored counterparts. Previous threads have discussed this topic to the death, so you can check those discussions out.

Previous threads:
Last thread
The one before that
Please search for the rest.
We The North!

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
12 replies
Aug 24, 2016
160 posts
180 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
Walmart 170g net
Amazon 85g net.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2558 posts
3618 upvotes
GTA
The only problem with these is that my teenage son would eat 4 at a time.
We’ve had the mercury talk already.
Oct 3, 2018
170 posts
317 upvotes
Surrey BC
SergeDufort wrote: Walmart 170g net
Amazon 85g net.
The Walmart deal is clearly better. Bigger cans at 170g vs 85g at Amazon. Good catch!

It's great to stock up at this price, and buy a few cases worth. Great for camping, during a pandemic food shortage, and just generally handy to have available at home. Lasts a couple years or longer.
Aug 24, 2016
160 posts
180 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
rfd222222 wrote: The Walmart deal is clearly better. Bigger cans at 170g vs 85g at Amazon. Good catch!

It's great to stock up at this price, and buy a few cases worth. Great for camping, during a pandemic food shortage, and just generally handy to have available at home. Lasts a couple years or longer.
If you don’t want to go to Walmart, Amazon has the 170g at the same price. http://www.amazon.ca/gp/redirect.html?i ... ive=330641

I prefer the one in chunks....I will have to go to Walmart.
Jan 10, 2017
296 posts
224 upvotes
rfd222222 wrote: The Walmart deal is clearly better. Bigger cans at 170g vs 85g at Amazon. Good catch!

The Walmart one is in water hence the higher weight, usually tuna in oil is always 85g at that price point. This is the Amazon equiv at Walmart which is the same price right now, https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/clover-lea ... 0073315093
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
2086 posts
795 upvotes
Anyone know which country it's a product of? I really enjoy the Rio mare brand from Italy. Once you try olive oil ones, it's hard to go back to water ones.
This is a skipjack tuna so I'm not sure if I will like it and be stuck with 24 cans.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4241 posts
1778 upvotes
Scarborough
Is skipjack at par with Albacore? I think Albacore is pricier but is it worth the difference in price?
Jan 10, 2017
296 posts
224 upvotes
jon604 wrote: Anyone know which country it's a product of? I really enjoy the Rio mare brand from Italy. Once you try olive oil ones, it's hard to go back to water ones.
This is a skipjack tuna so I'm not sure if I will like it and be stuck with 24 cans.
The tuna in oil I received say Product of Thailand.
OrangeBerry wrote: Is skipjack at par with Albacore? I think Albacore is pricier but is it worth the difference in price?
Taste is subjective. I'd say Skipjack has a stronger taste than Albacore though it also contains a bit less mercury (smaller fish) and is more sustainable. You can find deals on both, it won't always say Albacore but anything labelled White Tuna = Albacore and Light Tuna = Skipjack.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
4294 posts
9682 upvotes
The larger chunk light yellowfin in broth & oil (142g per can) is also on sale that matches Walmart's current sale at $1.77 per can or $42.48 for a case of 24.

https://www.amazon.ca/Clover-Leaf-Chunk ... B07B9S5GCG

This is our favorite tuna in our home. Do note that one should not eat more than 1 can a week of yellowfin or albacore due to mercury issues... skipjack has the least amount of mercury of all tuna species.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)