Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Club House, Cilantro Leaves, 138 g, $8.88 (or cheaper w/ S&S)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2021 5:19 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2018
1123 posts
10914 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Club House, Cilantro Leaves, 138 g, $8.88 (or cheaper w/ S&S)

New low on CCC. Subscribe and Save available to make it even cheaper. Max order of 6. Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca.
15 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2609 posts
2831 upvotes
Oakville
How does dried cilantro compare with fresh? I've never even heard of it as a dried product....
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
1450 posts
2099 upvotes
Toronto
Cilantro is one of the easiest herbs to grow at home. For a couple bucks for a plant you will have a great supply of the product.

All you need is one package of seed.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2609 posts
2831 upvotes
Oakville
ichibansan wrote: Cilantro is one of the easiest herbs to grow at home. For a couple bucks for a plant you will have a great supply of the product.

I bought a potted plant from Loblaws for $4 and promptly killed it when I brought it home. I'll try with seeds next year.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1031 posts
1312 upvotes
Grande Prairie, AB
ichibansan wrote: Cilantro is one of the easiest herbs to grow at home. For a couple bucks for a plant you will have a great supply of the product.

You greatly overestimate my ability to keep plants alive
Jan 22, 2015
679 posts
958 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'll stick with liquid dish soap for convenience when ruining meals.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
1450 posts
2099 upvotes
Toronto
SkiLLz wrote: I bought a potted plant from Loblaws for $4 and promptly killed it when I brought it home. I'll try with seeds next year.
Just plant them in a reasonably sized pot and put it outside in the spring. Grows like a weed. And at the end of the season let it go to seed and you have a huge stash of seeds for future use.
Aug 4, 2014
94 posts
119 upvotes
Ottawa, ON

However, if you're South Asian, you'll need a small forest to have enough on hand.

On another note, has anyone used the dried version? I wonder how the flavor differs.
Aug 4, 2014
94 posts
119 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
SkiLLz wrote: How does dried cilantro compare with fresh? I've never even heard of it as a dried product....
I'm curious too.. Maybe I'll go find a small pack before I'm invested into it.
Jun 4, 2019
27 posts
56 upvotes
SkiLLz wrote: How does dried cilantro compare with fresh? I've never even heard of it as a dried product....
Dried cilantro is useless, its basically decoration, like basil.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
8901 posts
5506 upvotes
$64 for a kg of dried herb........ This is more than a solid piece of steak.

Puff puff pass.
Sep 30, 2012
63 posts
235 upvotes
canada
boyoflondon wrote: $64 for a kg of dried herb........ This is more than a solid piece of steak.

Puff puff pass.
How much for a kg of dried steak?
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
4946 posts
6150 upvotes
seagull1987 wrote: You greatly overestimate my ability to keep plants alive
True story I managed to kill a cactus plant
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4660 posts
5947 upvotes
GTA
It's usually called coriander when sold dried

fresh cilantro is cheap and widely available year round, so there's no need to buy inferior dried, that's why you don't see it on grocery store shelves
Last edited by Kfox on Aug 11th, 2021 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
6953 posts
4685 upvotes
SW ON
Kfox wrote: It's usually called coriander when sold dried
No. Coriander are seeds of cilantro. These are leaves.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 3, 2006
5240 posts
2549 upvotes
Winnipeg
I've bought this because I'm the only one in the house that enjoys cilantro and could rarely use the fresh stuff. I have to say, I was very disappointed. Like it was said earlier, this is like a garnish. Honestly, dried basil at least still has hints of basil flavour in it but not this.
This isn't a blog.