Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Cockpit Next Level Racing F-GT Lite - 330$ - 63$ = 267$

  • Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2022 11:37 pm
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 1, 2006
5295 posts
521 upvotes
sixsix wrote: Deals on wheel will be TGT2 being in stock for original price on Amazon and everything else with long wait shipment unfortunately. Despite the entry level ones.
Looks like another shortage is on its way. Was picking up my gt dd pro from simulation1 and he was mentioning everything is going to be oos for a while…
C:\RFD>ih8lowballers.bat_
Deal Addict
May 2, 2011
1214 posts
395 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Have been looking at sim setups, but overwhelmed with all of the choices. Is there a guide somewhere to help decide on components? Benefits of console vs. PC?

Prices are all over the place. There’s a $55k setup being sold at Advanced Sim Racing. Let’s say your top end is $10k, what is your ideal setup? Including console/PC.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 24, 2015
510 posts
387 upvotes
richuwo11 wrote: Have been looking at sim setups, but overwhelmed with all of the choices. Is there a guide somewhere to help decide on components? Benefits of console vs. PC?

Prices are all over the place. There’s a $55k setup being sold at Advanced Sim Racing. Let’s say your top end is $10k, what is your ideal setup? Including console/PC.
Depends on how much gears you want get(like shifter, handbrake…)
I will say, if with PC, go with Fanatec CSL DD, Wrc wheel, CSL pedal with Load Cell add on. About $1500
6 sigma sim racing 6s-slim rig for $400(same stuff as ASR but cheaper and local in Markham), any seat you can find between $100-$500
PC is up to you, a 1660ti can run Assetto Corsa 2k high settings for over 100fps in its benchmark test.
The wrc will can let you play with XBox.
If you want PS compatible, get a CSL DD pro, that is $150 usd more.
Console is plugged and play, but limited to one screen and less titles. PC is way more extendable like super ultra wide, triple screen, VR, more titles more mods like you can drive any car on the tracks in Canada too. But just more expensive. Another thing will be, console is less powerful so the physics will not be as accurate as on PC.
Then if you want something more powerful then go with Simagic, AF and so on, with more money.
Sr. Member
Jun 12, 2003
862 posts
44 upvotes
Markham
It's back to $269 right now on Amazon.ca, if anyone still wants one.
Sr. Member
Jan 18, 2017
755 posts
348 upvotes
Eagleis wrote: For those interested, here is my rigged up Playseat Challange:

20220502_151012.jpg

PXL_20220205_183215270.jpg
This is awesome, thanks for sharing! I love how your arm can bring the monitor closer. I really wanna go 49"UW I wonder if any arms can handle that load cantilevered like that...
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 8, 2009
11757 posts
5749 upvotes
cjam wrote: This looks awesome.
My wife would kill me.
Lol i bought 2 some time ago.one for myself one for son, When we went to ask she said what do i get,Ended up getting her a nice set of wheels for her car haha. We are into vehicles. Then son wanted the semi truck setup with the fancy wheel and add ons. That got her a blow dryer haha.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Sr. Member
Mar 20, 2011
562 posts
1848 upvotes
danielr85 wrote: Almost bought this a month or so ago for regular price (couldn’t find them anywhere) I did a lot of research and this is the best foldable seat you can get. This is also a great price since it was $399 when I was looking at it. Ended up picking a rig from Kijiji instead.

Since people are talking about solid rigs as well I was looking at potentially getting this one because for the price, it looks like a great deal. Haven’t seen a review yet though. https://6sigmasimracing.ca/sim-racing-c ... anada.html
Elrondolio wrote: Yes, my chair can spin 180 while "docked" if I allow it. I usually just spin it to the side to get in, however, not from the back. Every chair would be different, I'd expect, so ymmv. Good luck with whatever you decide on and good racing!
Dammit!! I really need to take a break from RFD...
I caved and went for the 6 sigma racing 6s-80 full aluminum cockpit. More than I initially wanted to spend but cheaper than comparable units. Took longer than I thought it would take to set up (as always), but damn it's solid. And it's so nice to finally be able to not have to contort the body and fiddle with the chair while fearing it'd tip over every time I wanna get in and out
Image
Newbie
Jan 30, 2012
18 posts
25 upvotes
NEW WESTMINSTER
KevCnew wrote: This is awesome, thanks for sharing! I love how your arm can bring the monitor closer. I really wanna go 49"UW I wonder if any arms can handle that load cantilevered like that...
Yeah, it works really well. The arm is just a standard one I bought off Amazon. But I had to get an extension for it to extend far enough over the desk. The only extension I found was one from Ergotron LX Extension. .
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 1, 2009
3732 posts
7794 upvotes
For anyone interested, the Minneer racing wheel stand with chair tray I posted about earlier in the thread is now in stock and for sale, from two different retailers on Amazon.ca. I created a new sales thread here if it's up someone's alley:

Mineer Racing Wheel & Pedals Stand with Fixed Gaming Chair - $159.99
amazon-ca-mineer-racing-wheel-pedals-st ... 99-2543401

The post about this stand from this thread is here:
amazon-ca-cockpit-next-level-racing-f-g ... #p36017111

And here's a pic of the stand if anyone didn't see it earlier:
81NoPF+6l4L._SL1600_[1].jpg
Sr. Member
Dec 10, 2005
999 posts
2352 upvotes
Elrondolio wrote: For anyone interested, the Minneer racing wheel stand with chair tray I posted about earlier in the thread is now in stock and for sale, from two different retailers on Amazon.ca. I created a new sales thread here if it's up someone's alley:

Mineer Racing Wheel & Pedals Stand with Fixed Gaming Chair - $159.99
amazon-ca-mineer-racing-wheel-pedals-st ... 99-2543401

The post about this stand from this thread is here:
amazon-ca-cockpit-next-level-racing-f-g ... #p36017111

And here's a pic of the stand if anyone didn't see it earlier:

81NoPF+6l4L._SL1600_[1].jpg
I am curious why not mounting the wheel directly to your tabletop? It will make you closer to the monitor too. I am using an Ikea chair and mounting my wheel to a desk.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4560 posts
1428 upvotes
Did mine a few years ago. Seats are adjustable
Sr. Member
Dec 10, 2005
999 posts
2352 upvotes
Totoriko wrote: Did mine a few years ago. Seats are adjustable
That is a really nice setup.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 1, 2009
3732 posts
7794 upvotes
dcxx wrote: I am curious why not mounting the wheel directly to your tabletop? It will make you closer to the monitor too. I am using an Ikea chair and mounting my wheel to a desk.
Multiple ways this setup is better:

- the wheel is permanently attached with M6 bolts to the stand
- the pedals are permanently attached with M6 bolts to the stand
- the shifter is permanently attached with M6 bolts to the stand
- due to the above, and the design of this stand, it can easily can be folded up and moved anywhere you wish or stored in a closet or other space when not in use, then easily unfolded when you want to race/fly
- this allows you to use this stand in your living room on a massive tv if you wish (via console racing, PC or laptop hooked up to HDMI, home theatre PC doubling as gaming PC, etc), or frees up your desktop for general business use without wear and tear on a clamping system or your desk
- the pedals are locked in place, thus don't move at all, slide around, etc during racing
- the height of the wheel can be adjusted to the height of the chair, not the other way around
- every mounting plate: for wheel, pedals and shifter, can be adjusted in height *and* angle to suite your chair racing position
- the chair can be as comfortable as you can afford, or changed at will... while doubling as your standard office chair when you store the stand and rig away

Hope that sheds some light... I'm sure there are other benefits, but those are top of my head.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 24, 2015
510 posts
387 upvotes
chun_man17 wrote: Dammit!! I really need to take a break from RFD...
I caved and went for the 6 sigma racing 6s-80 full aluminum cockpit. More than I initially wanted to spend but cheaper than comparable units. Took longer than I thought it would take to set up (as always), but damn it's solid. And it's so nice to finally be able to not have to contort the body and fiddle with the chair while fearing it'd tip over every time I wanna get in and out
Image
Good choice of the 6S80, I believe it’s as solid as the ASR4 that is way more expensive.
Sr. Member
Mar 20, 2011
562 posts
1848 upvotes
sixsix wrote: Good choice of the 6S80, I believe it’s as solid as the ASR4 that is way more expensive.
I initially wanted to go for the 6s slim, which is what I think you have... i even paid for it and brought it home. But after further consideration I really thought it sat a little too low for my liking and so paid like $150 extra to upgrade to the 6s80... don't regret it at all.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 1, 2008
755 posts
643 upvotes
Canada
I just bought Advanced Sim Racing ASR 1 but I don't know if it it's better than 6s slim. It looks similar but more expensive though.
==================================================
Sr. Member
Mar 20, 2011
562 posts
1848 upvotes
wroom wrote: I just bought Advanced Sim Racing ASR 1 but I don't know if it it's better than 6s slim. It looks similar but more expensive though.
honestly they're just pieces of aluminum with nuts and bolts.... my guess is they're really all more or less the same. Nothing bad to say about the 6 sigma stuff... been to their store in Markham and the owner Stanley seems pretty good, didn't try to upsell me on anything and made a recommendation for the least expensive one based on hearing my needs... it was I who decided to upgrade from the slim.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 24, 2015
510 posts
387 upvotes
wroom wrote: I just bought Advanced Sim Racing ASR 1 but I don't know if it it's better than 6s slim. It looks similar but more expensive though.
Yep, functionally, they are exactly the same just aluminum profile and bolts like the other says. The coating is different one from the other (I have some pieces from ASR as well).
The 6S-80 is as strong as the ASR4 because of the structure design, the wheel deck poles sit on the side of the beams. And the ASR1 ASR3 and the Slim is pretty much the same.
Sr. Member
Dec 10, 2005
999 posts
2352 upvotes
I got the GT lite chair from a warehouse deal for 30% off last week. PM me if anyone is interested to get it at costs in MTL before I return it. The seat does not fit me well.

Top