Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Coleman Table Top Butane Stove, 7650 BTU - $23.98 (20% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2020 10:23 am
14 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
13275 posts
170178 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

I don't know...
Important information

Legal Disclaimer :

Reconditioned like NEW with full manufacturer warranty. Buyer is responsible for all shipping charges.
Ju Leon...
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37032 posts
22994 upvotes
Center of Universe
johnsena wrote: Good luck getting one from them even if it becomes available in stock. Ordered last time, waited a week to receive not available email.
Yeah, I ordered one back in April.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1061 posts
1405 upvotes
Thx a mint OP for the heads up - been sad ever since PA cancelled my order a week later after I was so excited to make churros outside!

@Shaguar - fantastic find...I never browse/shop there - thx for the post & welcome to rfd!

Amazon 7650BTU
PA 8000BTU
Napa 9000BTU

Did a bit of reading and it seems like a regular kitchen element is around 10KBTU so I went with Napa's since I only want to have to buy smth like this once and I could use the extra heat...plus oftentimes smth's actual output is less than advertised.

Napa's Olympia seems to have good reviews on Amazon and it looks like the same but one and the description says it can take propane as well...not counting on it but if it does, that'll be a bonus!

Napa: Charging at time of pick up - website said should be available for curbside pick up in 24-48hrs, with email notification to follow when its ready.

I avoid deepfrying in my house cuz of the smell - now excited to deep fry outside...LOL!

cheers,
:)
Last edited by klamchowder on Jun 16th, 2020 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 12, 2018
242 posts
75 upvotes
rather get delivered then drive to the store. Worth the 5$ for me.
Aug 12, 2018
242 posts
75 upvotes
klamchowder wrote: Thx a mint OP for the heads up - been sad ever since PA cancelled my order a week later after I was so excited to make churros outside!

@Shaguar - fantastic find...I never browse/shop there - thx for the post & welcome to rfd!

Amazon 7650BTU
PA 8000BTU
Napa 9000BTU

Did a bit of reading and it seems like a regular kitchen element is around 10KBTU so I went with Napa's since I only want to have to buy smth like this once and I could use the extra heat...plus oftentimes smth's actual output is less than advertised.

Napa's Olympia seems to have good reviews on Amazon and it looks like the same but one and the description says it can take propane as well...not counting on it but if it does, that'll be a bonus!

Napa: Charging at time of pick up - website said should be available for curbside pick up in 24-48hrs, with email notification to follow when its ready.

I avoid deepfrying in my house cuz of the smell - now excited to deep fry outside...LOL!

cheers,
where you live maybe you can pick one up for me :P
Dec 2, 2014
415 posts
378 upvotes
Calgary, AB
is it cheaper to use butane vs propane? I can find the butane canisters for about $1-2 for 8oz, whereas the propane is around $8 for 16oz. I'm not sure if I am calculating it right, but their energy density is similar, around a 10% difference. Would that make Butane quite a bit cheaper to burn than propane?
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2402 posts
2005 upvotes
Markham
johnsena wrote:
Good luck getting one from them even if it becomes available in stock. Ordered last time, waited a week to receive not available email.
That's bad.
I ordered 3 and received all 3. This is when they had free shipping.
-------
Thank you
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1061 posts
1405 upvotes
DavidG88021 wrote: rather get delivered then drive to the store. Worth the 5$ for me.
DavidG88021 wrote: where you live maybe you can pick one up for me :P
Me too but my store didn't seem to have a Deliver option, only option was "Continue to Pick-up Person". I'm going to ride my bike there - hope they will still let me do curbside pickup...LOL! (Of course will wear a mask when I pull in).

Would be happy to but unfortunately wouldn't be able to carry 2 on my back...LOL!

cheers,
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2007
1137 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
frankyCrankie wrote: is it cheaper to use butane vs propane? I can find the butane canisters for about $1-2 for 8oz, whereas the propane is around $8 for 16oz. I'm not sure if I am calculating it right, but their energy density is similar, around a 10% difference. Would that make Butane quite a bit cheaper to burn than propane?
Butane is cheaper in that case. An issue with butane is that it’s cold temperature performance sucks. Only an issue if it’s near/below freezing. Worse at high altitudes. That’s kinda why butane tanks are cheaper: they’re not under as much pressure so less metal to manufacture the tanks.

Some people refill the propane camping tanks from 20lb tanks, but I recommend you don’t do that.
Aug 12, 2018
242 posts
75 upvotes
klamchowder wrote: Me too but my store didn't seem to have a Deliver option, only option was "Continue to Pick-up Person". I'm going to ride my bike there - hope they will still let me do curbside pickup...LOL! (Of course will wear a mask when I pull in).

Would be happy to but unfortunately wouldn't be able to carry 2 on my back...LOL!

cheers,
I found this for same price and will deliver. Rona only difference is you get to use it sooner and a good workout!

edit: wrong link

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)