[Amazon.ca] Colgate Charcoal Toothbrush x2 $3.32

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2020 8:24 pm
[OP]
Nov 5, 2003
195 posts
560 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Colgate Charcoal Toothbrush x2 $3.32

Colgate Charcoal Toothbrush - $3.32 for a 2-pack.
The single pack is about $4 in Amazon and walmart.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Dec 11th, 2020 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link/nonRFD affiliate tag removed
6 replies
Nov 28, 2007
106 posts
201 upvotes
Not a hot a deal if you can get free toothbrushes from your dentist. Haven't had to buy floss or toothbrush for over a couple three decades.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
9414 posts
14392 upvotes
Thanks, been wanting to try these, so I added some to my S&S for $2.82
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2996 posts
1707 upvotes
I think the price jacked up now, I see $8.

Tried these this year after always using free dentist brushes. Didn't do normal routine.. thank goodness.

These are so good. I'll never go back to dentist brushes. I'll save those for cleaning electronics.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1557 posts
751 upvotes
soupmaster666 wrote: Is there any study that shows charcoal toothbrushes have any benefit to oral hygiene vs everyday toothbrushes?

Edit: I answered my own question and the answer is yes. On average a charcoal toothbrush will have less bacteria living in it, and will leave teeth whiter. However this comes at the expense of removing enamel from your teeth much faster than a regular brush and paste, meaning the entire category is denied the American Dental Association's Seal of Acceptance.

Since we really don't have any technology to replace lost enamel, I think I'll stick to regular toothpaste and keep my teeth as long as possible. Even if they're not quite as white as they could be, at least they won't be sensitive or gone.
I'm pretty sure any bacteria that was in the bristles from previous brushing would die almost instantly once you add new toothpaste and activate it by brushing your teeth...
There so much FUD about tooth care, and it seems nearly all the "lifehacks" around them are going to do way more damage than good in the long run. Pure baking soda and strawberries are too acidic and abrasive, Activated charcoal is legit a carcinogen, but even if it weren't, the way it "whitens" is by polishing off the enamel, ie: destructive. You'd want a chemical based one that wont mess up your enamel, like hydrogen peroxide. But dont just gargle OTC stuff it since that'll obliterate the cell cultures around your gums which help protect against infections.

To be honest, i'm surprised there have not been lawsuits around some of these suggestions.