Comforday compact dehumdifier $20.99 lightning deal

Deal Link:
Price:
$20.99
Savings:
65% off
Expiry:
June 8, 2016
Shipping is free by amazon.ca and requires no additional purchase. Dehumidifier seems intended for small-ish spaces. I'm thinking of my spare bedroom over the carport.

From the listing:

Eliminates dampness and controls humidity; Energy efficient and quiet operation
Small and compact - fits easily in a closet, cabinet, or other space
17 ounce tank can hold up to two-days worth of dehumidifying action
Indicator light tells you when holding tank is full; auto shut-off prevents overflowing
Use in the closet, bathroom, attic, basement, any place where dampness is a problem

At only six inches tall and five inches wide, it fits easily into any space. Use it in the closet, cabinet, laundry room, attic, bathroom, RV or boat. The unit collects the humidity from the atmosphere where it collects as water into the 17-ounce holding tank. Once it's time to empty the device, a LED indicator will let you know the unit is full. This usually takes about two days. To prevent overflowing, the unit will shut off once the water tank is full. The units Peltier cooling module means the device is light and whisper quiet. In addition to the removable water tank, it also contains a washable air filter.

Includes:
- 1 Comforday Electric Portable Compact Dehumidifier
- 1 17 ounce water collection tank
- Comprehensive owners manual

About Comforday:

Comforday is a Canadian brand trusted for products for the home designed with quality and affordability in mind.
When purchased from a licensed vendor (Deals Republic), all Comforday products are covered under a one year manufacturer's warranty and are shipped directly to you from Canada.
18 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
3744 posts
1550 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
Thanks OP! Will give it a try - reviews seem positive.

(54% claimed)
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2012
3252 posts
1396 upvotes
these are garbage, had one from WM for $99. Took 3 days in the basement to get 3-4 TBS of water. No compresser, works like the mini fridges that hold 6 cans of pop.
If I have answered your question, Hit the Ol' THUMBS UP❗
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5072 posts
5865 upvotes
Most, if not all the reviews, were "unbiased/honest" reviews in exchange for the items at no/low cost. Is this becoming more a trend on Amazon?
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2012
3252 posts
1396 upvotes
oos
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2012
3252 posts
1396 upvotes
BB88 wrote: Most, if not all the reviews, were "unbiased/honest" reviews in exchange for the items at no/low cost. Is this becoming more a trend on Amazon?
BECOMING!? its been this way for along time. Especially Anker, Aukey and Mpow stuff.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5072 posts
5865 upvotes
Answers wrote: BECOMING!? its been this way for along time. Especially Anker, Aukey and Mpow stuff.
argh...that's why all their products have 4+* ratings.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
1304 posts
224 upvotes
Can I use 10x of these instead of 1x real dehumidifier? For same cost wonder what's more efficient...
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
4470 posts
851 upvotes
Newbury, ON
Item says "unavailable" now.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
2860 posts
778 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BB88 wrote: Most, if not all the reviews, were "unbiased/honest" reviews in exchange for the items at no/low cost. Is this becoming more a trend on Amazon?
So Amazon is becoming like Ho*eStars? Bullshit reviews.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13901 posts
8994 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Damn! Was going to buy 4.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
[OP]
Jan 30, 2004
307 posts
125 upvotes
Gibsons, BC
Since it's now oos, not particularly relevant, but amazon.com has 307 reviews versus amazon.ca's 34. Most are positive. I ordered the dehumidifier because there didn't seem to be any real downside. Amazon will take care of return shipping if there's a problem, and the warranty is for a year.

The fakespot criticism is about the language of the reviews, too many superlatives or product sold at a reduced price for an "unbiased" review. Doesn't necessarily mean that they were fake.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
3744 posts
1550 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
:arrowu: :arrowu:
Agreed... i have generally have had positive experience with Amazon Customer Service. Not too worried if this turns out to be really bad. Anyways, too late now as it shipped at the end of the first day and is on the way from B.C.