Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Command Large Picture Hanging Strips for Picture Frames, 4 Pairs, White for $1.50

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2021 11:44 pm
[OP]
Oct 24, 2010
368 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Command Large Picture Hanging Strips for Picture Frames, 4 Pairs, White for $1.50

Command Large Picture Hanging Strips for Picture Frames, 4 Pairs, White - 17206C has decreased from $4.97 to $1.50

its back in stock(shows it's temporarily out of stock but you can still order), max 2, bought two more..
Last edited by markymark01 on Jun 3rd, 2021 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
22 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2232 posts
1832 upvotes
Thanks. I bet most of us can't help ourselves to a good deal and have packages of these sitting around from every time it drops to $1.50 and comes back in stock for order.

Crying Face Its not even an add on this time...ordered...again.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2338 posts
878 upvotes
I use these for everything. EVERYTHING
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19628 posts
7009 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Nope nope nope. Eventually nearly every frame I tried to hang with these came crashing down in the night, after a few years at most. Each time they were well under the weight limit that they should have supported, though heavier side of things as far as frames go. I'm lucky that the glass on the paintings didn't shatter, but I had one fail on one side and not the other so the picture came down swinging and blew a big hole right into an adacent wall which resulted in me spending some quality time patching, taping, sanding and painting.

Just use an anchor and screw, or something like the High & Mighty hanging system which actually works long term.
Jun 22, 2014
411 posts
112 upvotes
Markham, ON
For what ever reason, I thought this was meant to say NEGATIVE $1.50, like some of those weird in-store coupons that end up with a negative balance.

Still, bought 2 packs waiting for stock, but since I didn't actually need it anyways... it all works out.
[OP]
Oct 24, 2010
368 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto
Biskuits wrote: For what ever reason, I thought this was meant to say NEGATIVE $1.50, like some of those weird in-store coupons that end up with a negative balance.

Still, bought 2 packs waiting for stock, but since I didn't actually need it anyways... it all works out.
edited!
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5943 posts
2122 upvotes
Toronto
BinaryJay wrote: after a few years at most
well good enough for me

plus it was probably your paint failing or something
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19628 posts
7009 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
fightbriz wrote: well good enough for me

plus it was probably your paint failing or something
It doesn't matter if the strip fails or the strips just pull the paint off your walls the results are the same. I'm just saying, don't trust these completely.
I guess they're good for renters but if you're going to be in the place for a while I would advise mechanical hanging, that's all.
Feb 27, 2003
600 posts
307 upvotes
Langley
link goes to:
"Command Large Picture Hanging Strips, 12 Pairs, White - Hang Picture Frames - 17206-12EF
New (18) from $17.44 + $3.95 shipping
Style: 12 Pairs
Material Multi
Colour (17206-12ES)
Brand Command
Item dimensions L x W x H"
Xphile. (as in 'X-files aficionado'..so yeah, I guess I am old..)

Land Back.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5943 posts
2122 upvotes
Toronto
BinaryJay wrote: It doesn't matter if the strip fails or the strips just pull the paint off your walls the results are the same. I'm just saying, don't trust these completely.
I guess they're good for renters but if you're going to be in the place for a while I would advise mechanical hanging, that's all.
Not reallly, the strip is only as good as the surface its mounted on. Smoother paint will stick better. What about moisture in the wall? Old dryer paint. Many factors to consider, not just under weight limit will stay up forever
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
2357 posts
663 upvotes
Lévis
BinaryJay wrote: It doesn't matter if the strip fails or the strips just pull the paint off your walls the results are the same. I'm just saying, don't trust these completely.
Good advise. What mechanical product you recommand?
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19628 posts
7009 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
SPARTACVS wrote: Good advise. What mechanical product you recommand?
I have had much better luck with High & Mighty like this:
https://www.amazon.ca/High-Mighty-Hillm ... 209&sr=8-3

They only leave little tiny holes in the wall that are easier to ignore or fill later, compared to drywall anchors.

If you're pretty sure you're always going to have something hung somewhere then a drywall anchor and a screw are cheap and foolproof.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2232 posts
1832 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: Nope nope nope. Eventually nearly every frame I tried to hang with these came crashing down in the night, after a few years at most. Each time they were well under the weight limit that they should have supported, though heavier side of things as far as frames go. I'm lucky that the glass on the paintings didn't shatter, but I had one fail on one side and not the other so the picture came down swinging and blew a big hole right into an adacent wall which resulted in me spending some quality time patching, taping, sanding and painting.

Just use an anchor and screw, or something like the High & Mighty hanging system which actually works long term.
I'm using these on things that have been up for 5 years. All under 10lbs though.
I use more strips than the prescribed allowable weight. I usually use 2 to 4 stripes.

For heavier items I do use a mechanical system. In this case these stripes are perfect for being used in addition to the mechanical anchor to prevent any movement.
Dec 9, 2001
366 posts
137 upvotes
Scarborough
Has the link been re-directed? it's driving to a different listing for a 12 pack, with no discounts
May 10, 2010
594 posts
926 upvotes
London
Every time this goes on sale, I order 2 packs. You can never have enough!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9412 posts
5925 upvotes
Toronto
FYI I asked in a previous thread if these would be good after a couple years in a drawer and the resounding answer was no, the adhesive degrades over time.

So wouldn't go too crazy and buy into every price drop, what you can use in a year is probably best.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2338 posts
878 upvotes
I would say don't use these if you plan on hanging something precious forever. Everything else is fine

And yes they will dry out in the box after a few years