Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Computer Storage Deals

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2015 3:28 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2004
1075 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Computer Storage Deals

R3600 @ 4.2Ghz - Corsair H100i - MSi Tomahawk Max - 32GB Corsair RGB - eVGA 3070 XC3 - Asus VG27AQ
17 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
1163 posts
326 upvotes
andersb wrote: msata is on its way out so just buy what you need now
is msata being replaced with something new? I don't know much about computers. I just want an SSD for my lenovo y500 but don't want to swap out the 1TB HD. All I know is that it's compatible with msata
- FalconR
Feb 25, 2009
185 posts
76 upvotes
Mississauga
Amazon is selling the Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2400 $144.98 with free shipping. It is currently out of stock at the moment but you can add it to your cart and complete your order.

Enjoy.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
1568 posts
1210 upvotes
FalconR wrote: is msata being replaced with something new? I don't know much about computers. I just want an SSD for my lenovo y500 but don't want to swap out the 1TB HD. All I know is that it's compatible with msata
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.2

So just get what you need a SSD makes such a huge difference that even if you pay close to retail price you'll still be happy with your purchase.
Jun 25, 2009
684 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto
FalconR wrote: is msata being replaced with something new? I don't know much about computers. I just want an SSD for my lenovo y500 but don't want to swap out the 1TB HD. All I know is that it's compatible with msata
Try Newegg.ca or NCIX for the crucial/samsung msata drives, they sometimes have good deals on them.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2010
1530 posts
880 upvotes
andersb wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.2

So just get what you need a SSD makes such a huge difference that even if you pay close to retail price you'll still be happy with your purchase.
No wonder those Brix mini barebone are getting big sales (4th gen intel processor + the requirement for mSata)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
5546 posts
3043 upvotes
Toronto
FalconR wrote: I've been waiting forever for a msata deal...

This one looks okay, not hot, but should I pull the trigger now? http://www.amazon.ca/Crucial-MX200-250G ... ords=msata

I'm looking specifically for 250gb msata by Crucial (MX200) or Samsung (850 EVO).
That is the same price I posted back in May
ncix-crucial-mx200-msata-250gb-139-99-f ... st22615703
You might want to look up how the mSata slot is configured in your Lenovo before buying. On my x230t the slot was set up as a Sata2 port to be used as a cache for the HDD. The regular drive bay and docking station were configured as Sata3.

I bought both this and an EVO 850 with the intentions of using the mSata for the OS and programs. I wound up using a partition on the EVO 850 for the OS and programs, leaving the mSata as additional storage. You can read why along with the final speed results here: questions-msata-ssd-upgrade-1753973/
Mar 24, 2006
654 posts
24 upvotes
Amazon Canada's deal mostly suck, the goods carried by them also much less than what is carried south of the border. Saw them built a distributor center somewhere near Halton Hill, hope things can get better
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29333 posts
14839 upvotes
oakville wrote: Amazon Canada's deal mostly suck, the goods carried by them also much less than what is carried south of the border.
It's getting better and better every day.
I place an average of 2 orders a week nowadays.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1185 posts
718 upvotes
Waiting for Samsung EVO 500GB to go below $160ish ... wanted to upgrade the HDD on my MacBook Pro to SSD but wanted to wait till it's cheaper first
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10912 posts
754 upvotes
Scarborough
number17 wrote: Waiting for Samsung EVO 500GB to go below $160ish ... wanted to upgrade the HDD on my MacBook Pro to SSD but wanted to wait till it's cheaper first
I can't see that happening soon.
Mar 10, 2012
780 posts
1489 upvotes
PEACHLAND
death_hawk wrote: It's getting better and better every day.
I place an average of 2 orders a week nowadays.
Yes they are far better than they used to be. I used to never have amazon cross my mind for purchases. Now I buy all sorts of stuff off there. I definitely get my money's worth from prime.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
1163 posts
326 upvotes
ROYinTO wrote: That is the same price I posted back in May
ncix-crucial-mx200-msata-250gb-139-99-f ... st22615703
You might want to look up how the mSata slot is configured in your Lenovo before buying. On my x230t the slot was set up as a Sata2 port to be used as a cache for the HDD. The regular drive bay and docking station were configured as Sata3.

I bought both this and an EVO 850 with the intentions of using the mSata for the OS and programs. I wound up using a partition on the EVO 850 for the OS and programs, leaving the mSata as additional storage. You can read why along with the final speed results here: questions-msata-ssd-upgrade-1753973/
Great info, thanks
- FalconR
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29333 posts
14839 upvotes
2003fxdl wrote: Yes they are far better than they used to be. I used to never have amazon cross my mind for purchases. Now I buy all sorts of stuff off there. I definitely get my money's worth from prime.
They're no where near as good as .com but they're starting to stock the random things that are surprising.
I mean... I bought a bidet on there and now I'm looking at spices and gun cleaning supplies.
Sep 19, 2014
5 posts
Victoria, BC
Does anyone have any experience with the aukey battery packs? Looking to replace my anker battery pack which is great. If the aukey one is similar then this might be a great pickup.