[Amazon Canada] Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine with PM5 $1249

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2019 1:46 pm
[OP]
Mar 29, 2007
62 posts
36 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine with PM5 $1249

Picked up a Concept2 Model D with PM 5 which is the consensus best rower on the market with the best PM.

$1249.00 free shipping and 8% Ebates get this to my door for under $1300.00 all in.

Retail is $1715.00 according to Amazon.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00NH9WEUA/
Last edited by TomRFD on Jan 17th, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated url and title
49 replies
Mar 22, 2017
245 posts
193 upvotes
That is a great deal for a phenomenal erg. These always seem ridiculously expensive until you realize that they're built to last generations and can handle commercial use. The PM5 is pretty nice too for performance tracking and measurement.

The downside is that it is so expensive... if you're the kind of person who buys an exercise machine, uses it for a week or two then it collects dust (aka most people) then this could be a painful purchase.
Nov 10, 2013
227 posts
82 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
I concur, this is great piece of equipment. You can do challenges and competitions with other rowers to
Sadly, I had to sell mine as it was aggravating my back (don't tell me I was doing it wrong)
The resell price is good.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
7159 posts
2508 upvotes
MVRD
gobseck wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 12:14 pm
I concur, this is great piece of equipment. You can do challenges and competitions with other rowers to
Sadly, I had to sell mine as it was aggravating my back (don't tell me I was doing it wrong)
Maybe it's what you didn't do before / after?
Jul 21, 2009
259 posts
145 upvotes
Ottawa/Gatineau
Best piece of cardio equipment on the market. Virtually zero maintenance required, built like a tank and will last a lifetime. Resale value is great too. You could flip it on kijiji for $900-$1000 easily.
Nov 10, 2013
227 posts
82 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
chatbox wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 12:20 pm
Maybe it's what you didn't do before / after?
Here we go, RFD coaches step forward ;)
Jul 30, 2018
42 posts
31 upvotes
Rowfree has a pretty sturdy mount for those that like to watch TV while rowing. Holds up a large iPad fine. It's kinda pricey but it was well worth it to me. Could also try to 3D print something from thingiverse but I haven't tried those.
Oct 17, 2002
653 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
Can recommend this as well. Bought one a few years back and it still performs the same as when we got it. Word of warning though... this thing takes up a lot of space! (it's about 10ft long) I know you can take it apart in 2 pieces and stand it up, but if you use it regularly this isnt practical.

For those in small spaces be prepared.
[OP]
Mar 29, 2007
62 posts
36 upvotes
Is it pricey? Sure. It is also gold standard and what the pros use. Just like anything else you buy as long as you use it there will be value. If it’s in your house the likelihood goes up since you don’t have to drive to the gym or run in the rain etc.

You know yourself and your motivation levels and if your house has a treadmill, elipical and/or bow flex which collect dust this is not for you and you probably buy stuff regularly that you don’t use.

I for one put over 10,000 KMs on my treadmill over 5 years and want something with less impact as I get older.

Here’s the thing, average guy buys gym membership signs up for a year for $600 and barely goes which net no health results.

Average guy buys this barely uses it nets no health results but has a large market willing to buy this piece of equipment for $800.

End result is about the same money spent but I’d argue 30 minutes on this in front of the tv is much easier to accomplish and likely than driving to gym then getting a 30 minute workout in and driving back home for the less than motivated.
Last edited by thejay on Jan 18th, 2019 2:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
7159 posts
2508 upvotes
MVRD
gobseck wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 12:31 pm
Here we go, RFD coaches step forward ;)
Just logic. If it's not something 'during'...then it's before or after...time is linear as we perceive it. #Realist.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2004
1937 posts
315 upvotes
I am hoping to buy one of these after the finish of the Monster ERG at UVIC. They bring them in for the competition and them sell them off, well used, after it finishes.
UVIC Monster ERG 2019
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
2695 posts
1275 upvotes
Ottawa
gobseck wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 12:14 pm
You were probably doing it wrong... :)

Great cardio machine. Now looking for a treadmill that matches the quality.
Dec 17, 2006
388 posts
104 upvotes
Calgary
Good deal. Have had mine for about 5 years and use it quite often. Still looks and works as it did when it was new.